![]() |
|
|
#1 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
|
Comic Cases.
I am sure this has been spoken about somewhere on here... so forgive me.
I am looking for hard shell comic cases like the CGC ones for my first line of Turtle comics. Do these exist without spending 25 plus per book with the CGC?? If so where can I get em?
__________________
The Doc: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtl..._type=bookmark Business: www.iproductionsonline.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#2 | |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
Quote:
Or there are these: http://www.millcase.com/ |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#3 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
|
I know that you can get top loaders with a slide on top but they arent as hard and stiffed at the CGC cases... Looking for something currently for the earlier Magazine sized comics..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie... |
|
|
|
|
|
#4 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
I know someone who keeps a higher end comics in these cases. Never used them myself though.
http://www.comicbookcases.com/ Last edited by Samhain; 03-10-2010 at 09:05 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#5 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
|
Wow... seems kinda strange that it is so hard to get good cases. The open topped ones I have seen in stores, but they are kinda flimsy and don't seem very good. Otherwise some of these cases don't seem to have a larger size, which sucks.
Thanks guys!
__________________
The Doc: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtl..._type=bookmark Business: www.iproductionsonline.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#6 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
|
You could always just buy some CGC issues. I think they're a great investment and not only preserve the book, but also is the best way to display them and keep their value. Right now, a non CGC graded book isn't worth much. A high CGC grade can turn a book maybe worth $50 (like issue 2) into something worth $600 - $700.
I personally have issues 2 - 10 of the original mirage run all with CGC 9.8 with white pages. I am the only one to have issue 9 in that high grade. It makes sure that the books will only go up in value over the years because of their high grade. I like knowing I own a very high quality copy of each of the original issue run. There are lesser grades that sell for reasonable prices. It's not for everyone though, I understand. Just my two cents. |
|
|
|
|
|
#7 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
|
I also agree about the CGC, I just can't afford it. I am concerned however because I have all the over sized in absolutely perfect condition all first printings (except issue 1, thats a 2nd). And one of them cover misprints of number 3. I want to preserve them, but am a little concerned about their current location.
__________________
The Doc: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtl..._type=bookmark Business: www.iproductionsonline.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#8 | |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#9 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Small town Ontario, West of Toronto
Posts: 1,257
|
Currently they are in an acid free large portfolio as I did not have large sleeves. What is this little acid paper thing that goes inside? I've never heard of this!?
__________________
The Doc: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turtl..._type=bookmark Business: www.iproductionsonline.com |
|
|
|
|
|
#10 |
|
A Magic Light Dudette!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spain.
Posts: 3,878
|
Those cases seems to me a very good idea....I supousse they have differents sizes for different format/size-comics.....I mean...for example number 100 of Uncanny X-Men is very fat comic or Ultimate X-Men are bigger comics that others....
Any idea how much money those cases cost??? |
|
|
|
|
|
#11 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 242
|
I would look for some mylar sleeves with some acid free backing boards. They are considered "Archival" quality.. The paper they are talking about is something that cgc puts in each comic to absorb acid from the book itself... I havent seen those for sale but if someone wants to post a link to some I would appreciate it!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#12 |
|
I'm SUPER into myself
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#13 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 242
|
Thanks Archon!!!!!!!!
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|