The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2010, 02:40 AM   #1
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Turtlemania Gold 2/10 On Pedigree

The owner of one of the only currently known Turtlemania Golds is taking it to comic auction. And no, this isn't my copy (the guy dropped my name though, lol):

http://www.pedigreecomics.com/auctio...issue_id=32271

Oh aand before anyone asks, I did not write what he said about me.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-20-2010 at 02:47 AM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:20 AM   #2
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Very gnarly. In all seriousness, who would win the "Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" contest between you & Ivey? Lol... Jokes aside, I wonder what that puppy will sell for. Keep us updated if you happen to find out!
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:37 AM   #3
PAAATE
Stone Warrior
 
PAAATE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sweden
Posts: 993
Uhm, is it true what it says about the regular white edition? That it's been sold for that much? Cos I have one of those and I didn't pay anything special... Just what you would pay for any old "whatever"-comic book,
__________________
I'm a member. I forgot about it, so now I'm a remember.
PAAATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:08 AM   #4
OA
Scatter the nuns!!
 
OA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
"Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" has got to be your new custom title!!!

And as far as know, that $$$ for the white is a myth. I have no clue where he pulled that number from. But I guess we'll see what it goes for.
__________________
OA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:37 AM   #5
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
"Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" has got to be your new custom title!!!

And as far as know, that $$$ for the white is a myth. I have no clue where he pulled that number from. But I guess we'll see what it goes for.
Who is gonna be the lucky bidder...

-ms
__________________
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #6
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTerminator View Post
And as far as know, that $$$ for the white is a myth. I have no clue where he pulled that number from. But I guess we'll see what it goes for.
Indeed. While he is correct about Silvers selling for a grand+, I am not sure where that white figure comes from.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 12:20 PM   #7
Spitfire
Writer • Director
 
Spitfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
I paid a whole 12 dollars for my white copy. Things are only worth what people are willing to spend on them. I sure wouldn't buy that thing for more then 20 bucks, I don't care how rare it is. I have it already just a different color cover. This is why I don't own a first print of the original comic. I could spend over 1 grand on a single item or I could buy several items, like the statues for example.
__________________
Check out my online portfolio
http://www.christopherpelletier.com/
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 01:44 PM   #8
Ninja_Shoe_Repair
Hench Mutant
 
Ninja_Shoe_Repair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sarasota, FL
Posts: 291
yeah, I kinda agree with you Spitfire. That comic is neat because of the sketches and low print run but it's just not for me. I'd rather invest in original comic art as those are one of a kind. I do however own a first printing of issue 1 as that is something I had to have as a TMNT fan. I guess the moral of the story is, "to each it's own".
Ninja_Shoe_Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:20 PM   #9
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Archon, if you don't have "Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" put on business cards as your job title I might just have to kick you.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 02:32 PM   #10
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
Archon, if you don't have "Foremost TMNT collector in the universe" put on business cards as your job title I might just have to kick you.
Even I'm not that pretentious...

and I'm pretty goddamn pretentious.

Last edited by Archon_Turtle; 07-20-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 03:07 PM   #11
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
I paid a whole 12 dollars for my white copy. Things are only worth what people are willing to spend on them. I sure wouldn't buy that thing for more then 20 bucks, I don't care how rare it is. I have it already just a different color cover. This is why I don't own a first print of the original comic. I could spend over 1 grand on a single item or I could buy several items, like the statues for example.
I got my white copy for $10, and while it's a neat little trinket, I never really gave it a second thought (sorta like that TMNT interview special I bought). I didn't find out about the different colored printings until a few years ago.

Personally, I'd never pay such prices for something I could get exactly the same content for for $10, the only difference being a different color cover. But that's just me; I'm more into TMNT comics for the content than the rarity. Sort of why I actually opted to buy later printings of most of the Volume 1 issues in my collection because they had bonus stories in them over first printings.

I buy my comics to read, less so to showcase. No offense intended to those who *do*, it's just not for me, that's all.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 05:58 PM   #12
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Turtle View Post
Even I'm not that pretentious...

and I'm pretty goddamn pretentious.
Oh I'm not saying use them for actual professional type things.
Just think of the GREAT EXPRESSIONS you'll get when you use them for winning free lunches at restaurants.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #13
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
I will be interested as to when this goes to auction, keep us posted, Stephan..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 11:07 AM   #14
Peter Palmer
Hench Mutant
 
Peter Palmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 438
Did this ever come up for auction? If so, anyone catch what it sold for?
__________________
Peter Palmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 02:26 PM   #15
Archon_Turtle
I'm SUPER into myself
 
Archon_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: California
Posts: 4,667
They removed it from the auction list before the auction went live.
Archon_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 03:31 PM   #16
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
Damn, that sucks.. I wonder why?
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #17
BoggleKng
Mad Scientist
 
BoggleKng's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Boston, Ma
Posts: 1,224
probably another private sale else where..
__________________
You guys mind telling me what you're doing to my little green pal over there, hm? -Casey Jones, TMNT movie...
BoggleKng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #18
Gooseatello
Foot Soldier
 
Gooseatello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 234
I just saw this book today. It was the same 2/10 Gold edition. I asked to hold it just so I can say I did. The owner was asking an insane amount.
__________________
Cowa...(wait for it)..Bunga
Gooseatello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:52 PM   #19
Sewer Sirens Podcast
Hench Mutant
 
Sewer Sirens Podcast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: America
Posts: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooseatello View Post
I just saw this book today. It was the same 2/10 Gold edition. I asked to hold it just so I can say I did. The owner was asking an insane amount.
Where'd you see it? How much was he asking for?
__________________
Grady
Sewer Sirens Podcast

[email protected]

Check us out on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...725309366?mt=2

Follow us on Twitter: @SewerSirens https://twitter.com/sewersirens

Here's our site: http://www.podomatic.com/profile/sewersirenspodcast

Here's our blog: http://sewersirens.blogspot.com
Sewer Sirens Podcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:58 PM   #20
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Sirens Podcast View Post
Where'd you see it? How much was he asking for?
Hmm my guess would be c2e2. I bet this is the same book MrPliggins seen.
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.