The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #1
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
4Kids online presence has wiped its collective hands of TMNT

There's no longer any links to any TMNT productions on 4kidstv.com, and 4kids.tv is now this ToonZai thing.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #2
tone-master21
Mad Scientist
 
tone-master21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Illinois
Posts: 2,152
Yeah, I noticed it earlier today.
__________________
tone-master21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:57 AM   #3
Gyt Kaliba
Stone Warrior
 
Gyt Kaliba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 770
It sucks that they can no longer show it, 2K3 would have been a great addition to the Toonzai line-up. I still can't help but wonder if them losing it is why they've said they won't be making any more original shows now and will stick to butch - er, dubbing and editing, anime.
__________________
My FanFiction
Gyt Kaliba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:00 AM   #4
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by tone-master21 View Post
Yeah, I noticed it earlier today.
Me, too, and all I can say it that this sucks big time! The only GOOD shows that they have on there now are Biker Mice From Mars and Chaotic, IMHO.

And the new avatars are absolutely ludicrous! I liked the OLD ones WAY better!

Wonder if they let us keep the TMNT Stamps in our Stampbooks? NOT holding out much HOPE for THAT, though........
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
With this and the main site taking a lot of stuff down, I'm excited. Nickelodeon is moving forward and I can't wait to see what they do.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #6
Whitewolf89
Freedom Fighter and Ninja
 
Whitewolf89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Currently residing in the Turtles' Lair, NYC sewer system, NYC, NY
Posts: 2,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cure View Post
With this and the main site taking a lot of stuff down, I'm excited. Nickelodeon is moving forward and I can't wait to see what they do.
Me, too, but what, exactly did the (former) MAIN site take down (I'm assuming that you mean ninjaturtles.com by "main site" here)? I still had some stuff I wanted to print off/save off of there before IT went "buh-bye", too.

And I'm glad to see this, too. HOPEFULLY, this means we WON'T be without a TMNT presence on the tube for long.

Hopefully. *crosses fingers for just that*
__________________
Brother against brother...........
Whitewolf89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 12:02 PM   #7
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitewolf89 View Post
I still had some stuff I wanted to print off/save off of there before IT went "buh-bye", too.
I saved everything and will have it back online on my own fansite soon...

As for 4Kids removing everying TMNT related do you think it is time we changed the name of this section of the forum to something like...

2K3 TMNT Cartoon Discussion instead of 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion, since ya know it is no longer on 4Kids??? I will add this to the suggestion thread to see what others say...

-ms
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Splinter View Post
As for 4Kids removing everying TMNT related do you think it is time we changed the name of this section of the forum to something like...

2K3 TMNT Cartoon Discussion instead of 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion, since ya know it is no longer on 4Kids??? I will add this to the suggestion thread to see what others say...
*ahem* SHELL no. 2K3 is an indication of what part of the 4Kids 'toon (S1-5) whereas "4Kids 'toon" indicates all bits 4Kids had a hand in producing. Also, we have to indicate to future generations that this AI NOT the NickToon TMNT. Nick has to build their own reputation from scratch, just like anyone else.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 01:53 PM   #9
Rise1184
Hench Mutant
 
Rise1184's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Great Valley
Posts: 260
All of this is starting to give me a thought. I believe people should start collecting the comics, whatever they can get, quickly. To take even the INFO off the websites, shows that TMNT might be a whole new thing. Meaning, storyline change, different characters, etc. I thought about this yesterday.. What if they completely revamp the entire "theme" of TMNT and turn it into something totally different. That's something I truly hope does NOT happen. Sort of what they did to Power Rangers, different look, characters, etc. Pretty scary. I mean, "new" is one thing, but a "different" idea, I don't know. I just hope all the characters we know, stay in place
__________________


"He's wrong.. We're NOT wearing costumes."
Rise1184 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:39 PM   #10
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
This isn't surprising at all, considering the original literature indicated that 4Kids had until the end of August to air the show.

Guess what month just ended? :p

I'm kind of miffed that the old stamps are missing. It can't be a TMNT thing because they let us keep our old Kirby stamps after 4Kids' license ran out.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 04:13 PM   #11
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
*ahem* SHELL no. 2K3 is an indication of what part of the 4Kids 'toon (S1-5) whereas "4Kids 'toon" indicates all bits 4Kids had a hand in producing. Also, we have to indicate to future generations that this AI NOT the NickToon TMNT. Nick has to build their own reputation from scratch, just like anyone else.
Ok, no worries.

-ms
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #12
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
This isn't surprising at all, considering the original literature indicated that 4Kids had until the end of August to air the show.

Guess what month just ended? :p

I'm kind of miffed that the old stamps are missing. It can't be a TMNT thing because they let us keep our old Kirby stamps after 4Kids' license ran out.
That's why Turtles Forever aired on 4kids last Saturday. It literally was it's last chance to air it. So now we wait to when 2k3 reruns start airing on Nick.
__________________
Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:46 PM   #13
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Did anyone save all the pics from the 4Kids blog?
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Did anyone save all the pics from the 4Kids blog?
I did.

-ms
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 07:56 PM   #15
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Excellent! Oh, I wanted to ask you if you are going to be adding the comic descriptions to your site as well? I know you've got the gallery and some thumbnails are clickable, but I still just wanted to confirm.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
I wish I had saved all the lil text notes from the 4Kids blog as well.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 09:35 PM   #17
Koi
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,787
Alas, I have never went to that site. But from what you have said thus far I am a little curious of the pics on the blogs that people are talking about. Are they sketches or inked pics or preproduction stuff?
Koi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM   #18
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Little bit of all of it, but mostly character sheets.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 06:35 AM   #19
Master Splinter
幸 - 愛 - 思う
 
Master Splinter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,824
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Excellent! Oh, I wanted to ask you if you are going to be adding the comic descriptions to your site as well? I know you've got the gallery and some thumbnails are clickable, but I still just wanted to confirm.
I will be adding the descriptions. It is going to be a little bit before everything is done. I just had a baby (well my wife did) so that is taking a lot of my time away from finishing this up.

The only thing I can see myself not adding is being able to read the comics online. I think having a summary of the comic is one thing but allowing people to read the entire comic online is something that I don't think would be a wise choice considering I don't have rights to post the entire comic. Summaries however I think would be fair since it is just a description of what happens in the book.

-ms
Master Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:11 PM   #20
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Sounds good; I was just afraid the entire catalogue was gone, even though I already knew you had it all backed up.

What about all the miscellaneous pages throughout the years, do you intend to eventually include that as well? Mirage had some cool pics and info on all of that!

Everything in due time, of course.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.