The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2012, 06:27 AM   #1
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
Angry Is any one else getting tired of all these people complaining about the new show?

Heres a quick question. Is any one else getting tired of all these people complaining about the new show? I mean every where you go there is complaining, the only place i can't find complaining is on this forum, anywhere else if you try to defend the turtles new look, they all treat you like your crazy! This is getting really old and i just want the show to come out so every one realizes they're the ones who is crazy!
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I haven't seen any other places where people complain. And frankly, I just don't care anymore anyway. Why should we worry about it? If they don't like the new looks, that's their opinion. When the show comes out, they may change their tune, or they may not. I wouldn't worry about it, TM.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:58 AM   #3
pihb
Hench Mutant
 
pihb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 296
Keep in mind that the shows not out yet. Most hate is on the character design. Also, any messageboard will have naysayers. don't get all worked up and emotional over it because it is a messageboard
pihb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 08:11 AM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Animation

The animation looks so much cooler than the 2003 show. I love the animation of the 1987 show, 2003 show sucks when it comes to animation.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #5
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,190
No.

But I am sick of people misusing the word "animation".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
The animation looks so much cooler than the 2003 show. I love the animation of the 1987 show, 2003 show sucks when it comes to animation.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,782
It is pretty common for people in any fandom to hate on a "new relaunch" of any particular series. Every new series brings changes from the previous, and it can be said for anything.

After the first few episodes air I think we'll have more justified opinions on whether the show is good or not.

And hey, it can't be any worse than Next Mutation. I see the Nick show as being somewhere inbetween the original cartoon and the 4kids series in terms of tone and storytelling.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:09 AM   #7
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedenfan 1982 View Post
The 2003 show sucks when it comes to animation.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:49 PM   #8
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleMaster4 View Post
Heres a quick question. Is any one else getting tired of all these people complaining about the new show? I mean every where you go there is complaining, the only place i can't find complaining is on this forum, anywhere else if you try to defend the turtles new look, they all treat you like your crazy! This is getting really old and i just want the show to come out so every one realizes they're the ones who is crazy!
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
nickn
Foot Soldier
 
nickn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hartford, IL
Posts: 174
I'm sick of hearing about it a bit. I really don't care if its not a carbon copy or every other turtle thing we have already seen.


This is made for kids, not me. I'm just glad that another generation will grow up with a decent tv show, and some amazing toys. I'm happy for the new TMNT relaunch and I'm happy for the new Thundercats. Now if they would do something acceptable with Transformers! That's a whole nother thread.
nickn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:21 PM   #10
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I wish the people who didn't like what they saw could at least be wise enough to share your mentality, nickn.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
I just wish people would give things a fair shake before the "THERE RAPPING MAI CHILDRENHOOD!1!" posts were made... but then again I'm married to a woman who refused to watch the new Care Bears series because it wasn't HER Care Bears so I dunna.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #12
Baxter Stockmen
Foot Soldier
 
Baxter Stockmen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Montana
Posts: 126
Yeah I feel like the direction they went with the design and look is a bit peculiar. Like a major step back.
__________________
< i hunga for cowabunga!

Oh, i'm looking for a Sideshow Statues.
Baxter Stockmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
So... you're here to annoy us?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Fans complain. That's what we do best.

But for what's it's worth, I haven't seen much complaining about the new show recently.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #15
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I'm married to a woman who refused to watch the new Care Bears series because it wasn't HER Care Bears so I dunna.
Well...that and it KINDA sucked...
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:21 AM   #16
TurtleMaster4
Hench Mutant
 
TurtleMaster4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Some where in the Sewers of New York!
Posts: 390
yea i new all of that, fans complain, and i guess i'm doing the same by complaining about the complainers too.
TurtleMaster4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:57 AM   #17
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yes, you are.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 02:03 PM   #18
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
yes, yes, yes and yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
But I am sick of people misusing the word "animation".
and this
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
Samhain
Dare To Be Stupid!
 
Samhain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
Nope. This is nothing new, why get bothered by it?
Samhain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,294
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Well...that and it KINDA sucked...
True...and I know that because I actually watched a DVD. She just assumes because it's "different."
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.