The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2012, 10:10 AM   #1
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Laughs and Autographs Q/A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4sjcnbidGyw

Apologies for the low audio... I was farther in the back. I'm not going to put up the rest of the talk because of it.
But you will get the QA session





Last edited by Vegita-San; 03-28-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #2
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Thanks Vegeta-San! This is what I was looking for back when it happened a few months ago. It looks like Rob has gotten Still and always a voice of his generation! VAs are overlooked acting gems.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:44 AM   #3
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
VAs are overlooked acting gems.
Really, if it weren't for the development of the Internet, VA's would still be a passing thought today. They've been credited as so many different titles over the decades and depending on the studio, such as "Voice Characterizations" (Classic Looney Tunes/Pokemon), "Voice Talent" (TMNT), "Voice Talents of:" (Many Hasbro cartoons in the '80s), "With the (Voice) Talents of" (Disney), "Voices" (Hanna-Barbera), "Voices of", "Voices By" (Garfield & Friends), "Starring" (Rugrats), "Starring the voices of" (MOTU), "Featuring the Voices of" (Ruby-Spears), "Actors" (Rocy & Bullwinkle, "Cast", "Featuring", and there are probably many more.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 03-29-2012 at 08:36 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:13 AM   #4
Zany Orange Dude
The Little Nerdy Teacher
 
Zany Orange Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: At my desk reading comics and writing lesson plans
Posts: 2,292
Thanks for sharing! Rob Paulson is awesome and very talented.
__________________
Zany Orange Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM   #5
tmntgeoff
Hench Mutant
 
tmntgeoff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: seattle washington
Posts: 326
he will be at the seattle comic con this weekend march 30- april 1
tmntgeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #6
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
I really wish Rob would do a show in Philadelphia at some point, or even Harrisburg.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #7
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
I wish he's come to somewhere near here... I guess Dallas or Memphis would probably be the best bets....maybe St. Louis. Then again, I'm so broke, I'd never be able to afford the trip and the ticket.

*le sigh*
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Really, if it weren't for the development of the Internet, VA's would still be a passing thought today. They've been credited as so many different titles over the decades and depending on the studio, such as "Voice Characterizations" (Classic Looney Tunes/Pokemon), "Voice Talent" (TMNT), "Voice Talents of:" (Many Hasbro cartoons in the '80s), "With the (Voice) Talents of" (Disney), "Voices" (Hanna-Barbera), "Voices of", "Voices By" (Garfield & Friends), "Starring" (Rugrats), "Starring the voices of" (MOTU), "Featuring the Voices of" (Ruby-Spears), "Actors" (Rocy & Bullwinkle, "Cast", "Featuring", and there are probably many more.

I don't know. I remember my freshmen year in high school talking to a girl who told me that Mark Luke Skywalker" Hamill was the voice of the Joker and I was blown away. After that I looked at the voice actor credits and started listening to the classic TMNT VAs trying to guess which actor it was behind the various characters of the episodes of the '87 series I had on VHS. I quickly became aware of Frank Welker, Casey Kasem,Mel Blanc and a few others and came to appreciate them. It was not really the internet which may help but an person who after getting older looking at the show beyond just pure enjoyment. Anyway,cheers to Rob Paulsen a voice of my childhood and heck young adulthood. He is not the voice of Raphael that I always will remember back.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.