The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Raph's Pet Turtle "Spike"

According to Raph's bio in the Nickelodeon TMNT Dark Horizons game, Raph has a pet Turtle named "Spike."

First, awwwww.

And secondly, what's your opinion of it?
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:53 AM   #2
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
*ahem*pre-mutated*coughs*Slash*coughs*
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 12:54 AM   #3
NameGoesHere1066
Stone Warrior
 
NameGoesHere1066's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: at home LOL
Posts: 957
yeah, thats what I'm thinking
__________________
]
NameGoesHere1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:24 AM   #4
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
*ahem*pre-mutated*coughs*Slash*coughs*
...or Snapper
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 08:09 AM   #5
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
Yeah it'll probably become Slash. Although makes you wonder why they're calling it Spike now anyway.

Funny because in the OT it was Bebop who had a pet turtle who became Slash.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
I think that little Snapper kinda became a cult character for a few Mirage fans... or at least tOkKa anyway.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #7
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
it would be an awesome twist in the plot if spike mutates into slash, tokka, or some other new mutant and the foot clan captures him and turns him against the turtles.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #8
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
We'll he looks a lot like Tokka to me. I wonder why would they keep a snapping turtle to begin with, those mean business .
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:37 PM   #9
tmnt transformer
Stone Warrior
 
tmnt transformer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Okoto
Posts: 757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
*ahem*pre-mutated*coughs*Slash*coughs*
Or Tokka......
__________________
Spoiler:


This Picture was drawn by BeagleTsuin from deviantart.

http://https://gleam.io/6dHF3/itam-x-el-june-xbox-giveawayle.php?id=288262&ref=288262"]http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=288262&ref=288262[/URL]

tmnt transformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 01:58 PM   #10
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
A pet cat or dog I can accept but one of thier own species as a pet? It just does not feel right as a way to bring Slash in as the turtles pet when he is thier Bizarro.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:06 PM   #11
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Well, he sort of mentioned it was April's,maybe she had it long before she met them.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #12
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
what do u mean what's my opinion of it?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 09:05 PM   #13
Cryomancer
Mad Scientist
 
Cryomancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandraph87 View Post
A pet cat or dog I can accept but one of thier own species as a pet? It just does not feel right as a way to bring Slash in as the turtles pet when he is thier Bizarro.
Maybe he just finds it injured or starving or whatever and brings it home to take care of it. I don't see the turtles going out of their way to have pet turtles, but I can certainly see them doing that.

For a pointless thought along that line of thinking, maybe this Raphael could even get a happy future running a turtle sanctuary or something.
__________________

Final Boss of translation group Opentrain.
We do videogame comics and TMNT stuff.
http://opentrain.theyear199x.org/
Cryomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 10:38 PM   #14
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
anybody got a pic of spike?
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 12:13 AM   #15
Raph's Girl
Dierna Soul, Reporter
 
Raph's Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Jakku
Posts: 10,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
anybody got a pic of spike?
Nope. Haven't seen one as of yet. It's only mentioned in passing in his bio on the site.
__________________
Raph's Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:07 AM   #16
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
I kind of like the idea of Raph having a pet. The fact it is a turtle is a little weird, but maybe we will see a softer side of him when he is interacting with it. I mean the way I see it is that he would put on his "game face" when he is around his brothers and that Spike will allow him to have moments of releasing that and being his true self. Or at least that is how I'd use it as a writer.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:04 AM   #17
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
watch out mikey's gonna steal him frm raph.
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #18
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
If I were a mutant turtle, I'd probably keep a pet turtle too. I'd be fascinated by what I once was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Hob View Post
I kind of like the idea of Raph having a pet. The fact it is a turtle is a little weird, but maybe we will see a softer side of him when he is interacting with it. I mean the way I see it is that he would put on his "game face" when he is around his brothers and that Spike will allow him to have moments of releasing that and being his true self. Or at least that is how I'd use it as a writer.
After reading that, I wish you did write TMNT stuff. (Do you?)
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:13 PM   #19
Mr.Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
Mr.Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: North America
Posts: 1,652
raph is soft enough inside...
__________________
Mr.Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 09:15 PM   #20
Drose18
The Catalina Wine Mixer
 
Drose18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Turtle View Post
raph is soft enough inside...
Soft as ice cream!
Drose18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.