The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 07:39 PM   #1
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
original release prices for Lionsgate's 87 turtle DVDs.

Does anyone know what the original prices for the 87 turtle DVD where when first released? specifically season 4.
season 1 was around $10.
Season 5 was around $19.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:50 PM   #2
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
Does anyone know what the original prices for the 87 turtle DVD where when first released? specifically season 4.
season 1 was around $10.
Season 5 was around $19.
Unless someone has a pretty good memory, or a receipt, I don't think you'll get an exact MSRP answer, but I believe when I bought it (I bought every OT dvd from the second one up until Season 7 the day it came out), it was either $12.99 or $14.99. I know it was that general area.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 07:53 PM   #3
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonatelloFan View Post
Unless someone has a pretty good memory, or a receipt, I don't think you'll get an exact MSRP answer, but I believe when I bought it (I bought every OT dvd from the second one up until Season 7 the day it came out), it was either $12.99 or $14.99. I know it was that general area.
I found the price.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Te...a-Turtles/4180
Season 4 was $39.00 originally.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 08:05 PM   #4
DonatelloFan
"The Pixel Dad"
 
DonatelloFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,764
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
I found the price.
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/shows/Te...a-Turtles/4180
Season 4 was $39.00 originally.
Wow. Well, I know I didn't pay that, and I bought it the day it came out from Wal-Mart. Good job on finding the prices.
__________________
My Pixel Paintings:

On this forum
On Facebook

Samples:

DonatelloFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Also using TV Shows on DVD we find the following:

Season 3 (Volumes 3-6): $14.98 each.
Season 5: $24.98
Season 6: $19.98
Season 7 (each individual slice): $14.98 each.
Season 7 (complete): $29.98
Seasons 8, 9, 10: $14.98 each.

I dug deep on this forum to find Season 1's MSRP, and it was also $14.98, though a Walmart on the day of its release was selling it for $9.44. A similar situation exsists for Season 2 with the same $14.98 MSRP, with some retailers like Walmart and Best Buy selling it for a bit less.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=8973
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=12411

This gives us a grand total of $248.76 for the retail value for the complete series with Season 7 alone, and $278.70 with the four slices of Season 7. At about $1.29 per episode with the Season 7 box set, it was already a decent value by just paying the regular price, and comparable shopping at Walmart would take it under a buck per episode. Today, a complete set on eBay (through Season 9) sells in the low-to-mid $100s in Very Good or better condition.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!

Last edited by pannoni1; 07-10-2012 at 09:13 AM.
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:27 PM   #6
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by pannoni1 View Post
Also using TV Shows on DVD we find the following:

Season 3 (Volumes 3-6): $14.98 each.
Season 5: $24.98
Season 6: $19.98
Season 7 (each individual slice): $14.98 each.
Season 7 (complete): $29.98
Seasons 8, 9, 10: $14.98 each.

I dug deep on this forum to find Season 1's MSRP, and it was also $14.98, though a Walmart on the day of its release was selling it for $9.44. A similar situation exsists for Season 2 with the same $14.98 MSRP, with some retailers like Walmart and Best Buy selling it for a bit less.

http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=8973
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=12411

This gives us a grand total of $248.76 for the retail value for the complete series with Season 7 alone, and $278.70 with the four slices of Season 7. At about $1.29 per episode with the Season 7 box set, it was already a decent value by just paying the regular price, and comparable shopping at Walmart would take it under a buck per episode. Today, a complete set on eBay (through Season 9) sells in the low-to-mid $100s in Very Good or better condition.
Thankfully I managed to snag those for far lesser.

$248.76 is a lot of money for a dragged out release.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.