The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #1
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Mikey Naming Things

In the new show, Michelangelo has named a lot of things so far such as

SnakeWeed
SpiderBites
T-Pod
StockmanPod
Metalhead

Do you guys think this is a funny running gag or do you think it's annoying? I thought it was funny the first few times, but now it just seems a little annoying. I assume he will name Chris Bradford Dogpound and Xever Fishface as well.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:28 PM   #2
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
I usually go into watching these episodes with an open mind so it doesn't really phase me. However, I can understand why it might be annoying to some.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:33 PM   #3
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
I think it's funny so far...but we'll see for how much longer.
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 PM   #4
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
It's a running gag that fits the character. So not annoying to me at all.

You want annoying forced running gags? Watch the first season of Young Justice.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #5
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
what was the running joke there?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #6
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
I really hope this doesn't go on for the entire season or even the entire show.

It reminds me of running gags from other shows like Pokemon which did the same thing every episode.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:47 AM   #7
HerpDerp
Hench Mutant
 
HerpDerp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 488
I wouldn't say it's annoying, but I hope that eventually the other turtles will just accept that Mikey names things instead of him explaining every time and them saying "we get it". The "it's because he's ___ and has ___" part is starting to wear a little thin.
For example, they could be on the run from some mutant and one of them says,
"We need to get rid of -"
Then they realise he doesn't have a name yet and they turn to Mikey and he says,
"Dogpound."
And they just accept it and go back to what they're doing.
HerpDerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:06 AM   #8
FearlessLeader
Mad Scientist
 
FearlessLeader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Watching Space Heroes
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerpDerp View Post
I wouldn't say it's annoying, but I hope that eventually the other turtles will just accept that Mikey names things instead of him explaining every time and them saying "we get it". The "it's because he's ___ and has ___" part is starting to wear a little thin.
For example, they could be on the run from some mutant and one of them says,
"We need to get rid of -"
Then they realise he doesn't have a name yet and they turn to Mikey and he says,
"Dogpound."
And they just accept it and go back to what they're doing.
After all the set up they have done this type of scene would actually be funnier honestly.

I find pretty much everything Mikey does adorable this included. I also tend to give things stupid names so I actually find it kind of charming!
__________________

Artwork by Jim Lawson
FearlessLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:31 AM   #9
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I think it's cute but if it's not spaced out soon it's gonna get old as hell, really quickly
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #10
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I could see that working, Herp, and as FL said, that'd almost be funnier.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 07:19 AM   #11
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I agree with you, Herp. That would be funny. I'm not against Mikey naming things so far. I think it's cute, and I like how he gloated about it to April in the latest ep. It'll probably get pretty old once more mutants come on, but I do hope it's spaced out more.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #12
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
It's a running gag that fits the character. So not annoying to me at all.
agreed for sure
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #13
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,682
what was the running gag in Young Justice....?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #14
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
i wonder if they don't just do that as an "in" for the youngest of kids to know the names of the toys they want their parents to buy. if that's the case, there are worse ways they could be shoving the characters' names/marketing down our throats.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 02:36 PM   #15
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,183
It's a clever way to explain some of the more ridiculous names not to mention a quick way to name things without spending much time on it. It works.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:27 PM   #16
Shogi
Hench Mutant
 
Shogi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
what was the running gag in Young Justice....?
"Hellooooooo Megan!"

said many times each episode and in almost every episode in the first season
Shogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #17
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
I don't mind it at all. Like other ppl said it's cute.
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 04:07 PM   #18
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shogi View Post
"Hellooooooo Megan!"

said many times each episode and in almost every episode in the first season
That wasn't as bad as Robin ****ing around with prefixes and suffixes every chance he got. Or as lame as "I hate Monkeys".
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM   #19
Dirty Blond
Stone Warrior
 
Dirty Blond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 827
I'm looking forward to when Mikey names the Mousers, 'Mousers.'
Dirty Blond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 06:16 PM   #20
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Maybe it'll play into the gag...
Baxter: Turtles, tremble before my mighty Mousers!
Mikey: Oooooo good name...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:23 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.