The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > General Forums > General Discussion > Forum Games

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #1
Lethal Lullaby
Foot Elite
 
Lethal Lullaby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,816
What's That Song?

Hehe. We have that pretty cool movie quotes game made by, whatswiththeheadbands? And I just thought, “Hey! A game of guessing the song would be fun, too!” (music is just as awesome as movies) The rules would be very similar. Just quote a short verse from a song and see who can figure out what the song is, along with who/ what group sang it.

I’ll start us off with something simple...

“I don’t know what you’re expecting of me. Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes...”
Lethal Lullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:05 AM   #2
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I forget the song,
I know Linkin Park sang it though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #3
WhitefinDolphin
Foot Soldier
 
WhitefinDolphin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: n/a
Posts: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19thCenturyGhost View Post
Hehe. We have that pretty cool movie quotes game made by, whatswiththeheadbands? And I just thought, “Hey! A game of guessing the song would be fun, too!” (music is just as awesome as movies) The rules would be very similar. Just quote a short verse from a song and see who can figure out what the song is, along with who/ what group sang it.

I’ll start us off with something simple...

“I don’t know what you’re expecting of me. Put under the pressure of walking in your shoes...”
Sweet! Good game idea 19thCenturyGhost!

That'd be Linken Park's song called Numb. I used to listen to that song way back in 2004.

My song:

"You are the one, the one, that lies close to me. Whispers "hello I miss you quite terribly..."
WhitefinDolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #4
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitefinDolphin View Post
Sweet! Good game idea 19thCenturyGhost!

That'd be Linken Park's song called Numb. I used to listen to that song way back in 2004.

My song:

"You are the one, the one, that lies close to me. Whispers "hello I miss you quite terribly..."
Does it count if we look it up?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Retro-Specs
Thug
 
Retro-Specs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
Does it count if we look it up?
Nope! Well, the whole of the internet is at your disposal, so really no one would know!

Anyway, it's "Here (In Your Arms)" by Hellogoodbye
(Took me longer to remember that than I care to admit)

And here's mine:

"Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain
And that one guitar, made his whole life change"

Aaaaaaaand no cheatin'!
__________________
My DeviantART: Retro-Specs
Retro-Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:59 AM   #6
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Specs View Post
And here's mine:

"Like a trip through the past, to that day in the rain
And that one guitar, made his whole life change"

Aaaaaaaand no cheatin'!
that's easy. its Juke box Hero by foreigner

what about:

"Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see,
And Baby, Baby, Baby, do you like it?
There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin'
Ah, not trying to fight it."

no cheating!
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #7
Retro-Specs
Thug
 
Retro-Specs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
that's easy. its Juke box Hero by foreigner
Just wanted to see how long it would take for someone to answer this one. Among Ninja Turtles fans, there's got to be some 80s rockers here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
"Why don't you take a good look at yourself and describe what you see,
And Baby, Baby, Baby, do you like it?
There you sit, sitting spare like a book on a shelf rustin'
Ah, not trying to fight it."

no cheating!
Ah, one of their many Tolkien references (arguably).

It's "Misty Mountain Hop" by Zeppelin.

Here's another for you guys:

"if the illusion is real
let them give you a ride
if they got thunder appeal
let them be on your side"
__________________
My DeviantART: Retro-Specs
Retro-Specs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 04:19 AM   #8
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethal Lullaby View Post
Hehe. We have that pretty cool movie quotes game made by, whatswiththeheadbands?
YAY, I got a mention!

Anyway:

'When I'm tired and thinking cold
I hide in my music, forget the day
And dream of a girl I used to know'
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...

Last edited by Whatswiththeheadbands?; 10-05-2013 at 04:29 AM.
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 02:46 AM   #9
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Guess this one:
'Got thirteen channels of sh*t on the T.V. to choose from'
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 03:57 AM   #10
RaphAndDonnie
Stone Warrior
 
RaphAndDonnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 769
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
Guess this one:
'Got thirteen channels of sh*t on the T.V. to choose from'
"Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd. Here's mine:

This endless mercy mile
We're crawling side by side
With hell freezing over in our eyes
Gods kneel before our crime
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsaucey View Post
I love 2012 Mikey. He is like Joey from friends.
My art is here!: http://suzukipot.deviantart.com/
And my fanfics are here!:http://www.fanfiction.net/u/3865667/suzukipot
RaphAndDonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #11
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaphAndDonnie View Post
"Nobody Home" by Pink Floyd. Here's mine:

This endless mercy mile
We're crawling side by side
With hell freezing over in our eyes
Gods kneel before our crime
HIM, Wings of a butterfly.

Here's mine:

"Don't wanna have to scream and shout at fools no more
The fools no more"
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:36 AM   #12
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
HIM, Wings of a butterfly.

Here's mine:

"Don't wanna have to scream and shout at fools no more
The fools no more"
time to resurrect this thread

That song in question is 'Hero' by Ozzy Osbourne ( I think)

Next one:

'The path you tread is narrow
And the drop is shear and very high
The ravens all are watching
From a vantage point nearby'
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:44 AM   #13
Mzx10484
WEM Super Starfinder 200
 
Mzx10484's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 2,085
Must be 'Cymbaline' by Pink Floyd. The early stuff.

Next one:

"I feel that I'm protected amply
I've got the love of the whole damn family
Ridin' on the dashboard of my car"
Mzx10484 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 07:46 AM   #14
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatswiththeheadbands? View Post
time to resurrect this thread

That song in question is 'Hero' by Ozzy Osbourne ( I think)

Next one:

'The path you tread is narrow
And the drop is shear and very high
The ravens all are watching
From a vantage point nearby'
It`s "Cymbaline" by Pink Floyd

Here is mine:

"You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are"
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:33 AM   #15
Whatswiththeheadbands?
The Weed of Crime
 
Whatswiththeheadbands?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Shadow's Sanctum
Posts: 3,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
It`s "Cymbaline" by Pink Floyd

Here is mine:

"You're gonna catch a cold
From the ice inside your soul
So don't come back for me
Who do you think you are"
Hmm, is it 'Jar of Hearts'?

'It's judgment day and now we've made our stand
And now the powers of darkness
Have been driven from our land
The Battle's over but the war has just begun'
__________________
Who knows what Evil lurks in the hearts of Men?
The Shadow knows...
Whatswiththeheadbands? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:58 AM   #16
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
Aerosmith - Hole In My Sole ?

Next:

"You're a good soldier
Choosing your battles
Pick yourself up and dust yourself off
And back in the saddle"
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 06:58 AM   #17
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
I think it was too complicated. It`s waka waka by Shakira.

Next is a lot easier:

"Every night in my dreams
I see you, I feel you
That is how I know you go on.
Far across the distance
And spaces between us
You have come to show you go on"
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 04:16 PM   #18
Lou 500
Hench Mutant
 
Lou 500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion

I let it fall
My heart
And as it fell
You rose to claim it
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 09:20 PM   #19
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Set Fire to the Rain - Adele

Through space and time
Always another show
Wondering where I am
Lost without you
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #20
Kanon
Stone Warrior
 
Kanon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 560
Journey - Faithful


"I would wait forever,
exulted in the scene
As long as I am with you,
my heart continues to beat"
__________________
"The enemy of my enemy is my bro!"
Kanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:37 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.