The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #1
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Other franchises taking place in the same reality as TMNT?

Do you think there are any other franchises taking place in the same reality as TMNT (usually produced by the same studio)? Maybe, but not necessarily on Earth or in the same time period. Like:

Mirage Studios and Image Comics productions taking place in the Mirage reality. (I'm not sure if all of them have already crossed over by this point)

Fred Wolf Studios productions taking place in the Fred Wolf reality. Maybe James Bond Junior? (I haven't seen it for years)

Archie productions taking place in the Archie reality. (I know Riverdale was an alternate Earth, as seen in a crossover comic called TMNT Meet Archie)

Fleetway productions taking place in the Fleetway reality.

New Line Cinema productions taking place in the New Line Cinema reality.

4 Kids productions taking place in the 4 Kids reality.

Saban productions taking place in the Next Mutation reality. (while Power Rangers and Next Mutation crossed over, I'm not sure if they're separate realities)

IDW productions taking place in the IDW reality.

Nickelodeon productions taking place in the 2012 Nickelodeon cartoon reality, or maybe the Rise o the TMNT reality.

Platinum Dunes productions taking place in the Platinum Dunes reality.

and so on.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 11:35 AM   #2
Wesley
Mad Scientist
 
Wesley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
I haven’t read the comics, but the others could take place in the same reality as TMNT I guess.
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work.
*Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van*
Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines)
Wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #3
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
I don't know about official shared Universes, but the Cerebus crossover hinged on simple time travel. Of course given that TMNT is more or less meant to take place in a variation of the real world, and that Cerebus is intentionally anachronistic with more fiction than fact, I doubt Cerebus can actually take place in TMNT's past.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:24 PM   #4
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
The Fred Wolf turtles at least share the same Earth with Sherlock Holmes and the Arthurian Family. Just different locations and time period.
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #5
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
The Fred Wolf turtles at least share the same Earth with Sherlock Holmes and the Arthurian Family. Just different locations and time period.
Public Domain characters? I guess that such a thing technically counts but it seems rather cheap. It's kind of like how the Cerebus crossover can't really share continuity with the Cerebus series proper, continuity and canon sort of stop applying when anyone can make their own versions of characters, as such the idea of a shared universe becomes almost laughable. In order for it to be somewhat satisfying, I'd say those particular versions of them would have to make unambigious appearences in other shows.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
FredWolfLeonardo
This ***** used to be Fun
 
FredWolfLeonardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Aotearoa New Zealand
Posts: 5,369
You know what I find truly bizzare?

The thought of Looney Tunes, Winnie the Pooh, Garfield, Alvin and the Chimpunks and Duck tales possibly taking place in the same universe as the Fred Wolf tmnt cartoon, courtesy of Cartoon All Stars.
FredWolfLeonardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:32 PM   #7
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by FredWolfLeonardo View Post
You know what I find truly bizzare?

The thought of Looney Tunes, Winnie the Pooh, Garfield, Alvin and the Chimpunks and Duck tales possibly taking place in the same universe as the Fred Wolf tmnt cartoon, courtesy of Cartoon All Stars.
You know I was gonna post that as a joke myself.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 05:48 PM   #8
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
The best thing to me about Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue is that it's an anti-drug PSA that couldn't possibly have been conceived and executed without copious amounts of drugs being involved.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 12:26 AM   #9
D-ray
Foot Soldier
 
D-ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2020
Location: Italy
Posts: 219
For "same reality" you mean even dimension?
I'm not really sure, but I think that the world of Usagi Yojimbo (Third Earth) is parallel to the world of the TMNT (as stated in the 2003 series).
__________________
"Fighting for our comrades, for the Republic, for...

VICTORY!"
D-ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:29 AM   #10
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
Overlord
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
For "same reality" you mean even dimension?
I'm not really sure, but I think that the world of Usagi Yojimbo (Third Earth) is parallel to the world of the TMNT (as stated in the 2003 series).
Wasn't Third Earth the name of the the Earth where the 4 Kids Turtles live?
Original TMNT Cartoon Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 06:24 AM   #11
Icebot
Foot Elite
 
Icebot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: East Coast, US
Posts: 3,225
I’m not sure of this but I think I heard somewhere it’s possible Toxic Crusaders is the same universe as Fred Wolf TMNT.
Icebot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:30 AM   #12
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,041
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-ray View Post
For "same reality" you mean even dimension?
I'm not really sure, but I think that the world of Usagi Yojimbo (Third Earth) is parallel to the world of the TMNT (as stated in the 2003 series).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Wasn't Third Earth the name of the the Earth where the 4 Kids Turtles live?
The TMNT's reality is third earth. I'm pretty sure they mentioned what reality Usagi came from but it wasn't as easy to find. I believe it was second earth but I'm not sure.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 03:14 PM   #13
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
Your OP is all over the place, I think you mean other franchises in continuity with the show?

I guess the OT is technically canon with the space usagi pilot and sites back in the day used to say Cowboys of Moomesa was in continuity with the OT despite no crossover just because they did crossover in the comics.

The Image TMNT crossed over with the Image universe so they're definitely in the same earth as savage dragon, spawn, gen 13 and others.

Since we have a few DC crossovers now I guess those specific continuities live in an earth with all DC heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Original TMNT Cartoon Fan View Post
Saban productions taking place in the Next Mutation reality. (while Power Rangers and Next Mutation crossed over, I'm not sure if they're separate realities)
The Next Mutation TMNT definitely take place in the same universe as power rangers. Which is weird since their powers are totally different levels, but both franchises do mix technology and fantasy.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 01:18 PM   #14
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The best thing to me about Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue is that it's an anti-drug PSA that couldn't possibly have been conceived and executed without copious amounts of drugs being involved.
People say the same thing about TMNT itself until you stop and realise one of the guys involved is famously straight laced Peter Laird. Clearly some people just have weird brains.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 09:56 AM   #15
AquaParade
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
The best thing to me about Cartoon All-Stars To The Rescue is that it's an anti-drug PSA that couldn't possibly have been conceived and executed without copious amounts of drugs being involved.
Teach what you know.
AquaParade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2020, 12:10 PM   #16
pferreira
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
People say the same thing about TMNT itself until you stop and realise one of the guys involved is famously straight laced Peter Laird. Clearly some people just have weird brains.
I never really considered Mike, Slimer, Pooh, the ducks etc all being in the same universe. I mean it would be cool. I mean the best shared universe even however it could also be a recipe for disaster.
pferreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.