The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2012, 09:47 AM   #81
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
This show is awesome! I'm loving it so far!
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #82
TMNTFan1989
Random Punk
 
TMNTFan1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orlando,Florida
Posts: 24
I'm quite excited about this series after watching these two episodes. With all the attention Nick is giving to this show it could very well go on for quite some time. Hoping the ratings are more than what they expect.
__________________
"I hunga for cowabunga!" Shredder from Cowabunga Shredhead

"If we don't get to break something soon, i'm gonna go nuts!" Casey Jones from Corporate Raiders From Dimension X
TMNTFan1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #83
pannoni1
Foot Elite
 
pannoni1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 3,447
Another great episode! It was sad however that April's father got taken hostage and couldn't be saved in time, though perhaps maybe Aunt Agatha could show up again since she lives at her aunt's house. Good to see Channel 6 news make an appearance as well. The Stinkweed fight was fun, though it was a bit sad as well that Snake got mutated by the Kraang, in which I'm impressed with their abilities compared to the old Krang. The only thing that I haven't seen yet is a battle catchphrase, and actually Raph called Mike and idiot which would have been too insulting in the OT. The one thing I was disappointed in was the Yoshi/Saki origin story, which lacked detail and didn't seem to surprise most. I do like how Shredder currently has Tokyo as his headquarters, since that indicates that he currently is satisfied with his revenge, but upon seeing the news report, looks to head over to New York soon. Having Saki put his mask on was really cool.

Now the big question are ratings and toy sales, since both are equally important to supporting this series.
__________________
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...d.php?t=37065- MY WANT LIST

TMNT FAN CLUB LINK: http://sot.ag/gCjK/

30 years of Turtle Power!
pannoni1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #84
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Snakeweed was great, I was worried I wouldn't like him. But seeing a villain the Turtles can beat up and use their weapons on is great. The fact he regenerates is kind of cool.

The brief look at Shredder was kind of creepy. Hope we get to see the burn victim underneath the armor better.

All around pretty good so far. Can't wait to see some more.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:06 AM   #85
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Well that was just delightful, great first episode we have established all the players very nicely. I really enjoyed the fact that the Krang were the main threat and not the Foot. I admit I shed a tear when Splinter told the story about how he lost Tang and his daughter.

I really really enjoyed the fact that the turtles accidentally created Snakeweed and the fact that they had a new mutant in the first episode, I thought they would wait before doing something along those lines.

I think the best part is that not only do the Turtles feel like brothers, but they also feel like teenagers, they are young and inexperienced and I can not wait to see them grow into the powerful green machine we know they are capable of becoming.

Last note the Raph and Spike scene was very well done, I don't know what about it worked so well me, but it just seemed to perfectly acheive what it was aiming for.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #86
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Wow! Part 2 was totally awesome.

Spoiler:
i loved Donnie's big solo action scene with the helicopter, Raph's private time with Spike, April's relationship with her Dad, the Snakeweed fight...and SHREDDER!


And it is genuinely funny. I don't feel like the jokes are too forced or over the top.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #87
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Part 2 was awesome! I loved that fight scene with Snakeweed! I can't wait to see Shredder coming to NY! Also like that Channel 6 showed up.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #88
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Second ep was nice overall. Is it just me or is Shredder bald?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:13 AM   #89
HotJuicyBurgers
Mad Scientist
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,023
This show has set high expectations. I hope that they continue to be this good
__________________
A small blog that a friend of mine and I started reviewing some games of all genre's. Stop by if you have a second.

http://bootd.wordpress.com/
HotJuicyBurgers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #90
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I love it. Not much to say that hasn't been said, but I'm in love. I really like how each turtle gets equal screentime/one-liners. Action is fantastic, humor is laugh out loud funny, the nods to old stuff are fantastic, the animation is beautiful, soundtrack kicks ass, voice acting is amazing, teases are great, it's all wonderful.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #91
n-zero
Foot Soldier
 
n-zero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 102
Did anyone else catch when Splinter said his daughter's name was Miwa?

The character descriptions we've seen so far have said that Shredder has a daughter named Oroku Miwa ...
__________________
n-zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #92
Chaotix12345
Mad Scientist
 
Chaotix12345's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 1,131
Both parts were pure awesome! Loved the fights, the story and characters, the animation style, and pretty much everything! Looking forward to more!
Chaotix12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 AM   #93
Slade
god status
 
Slade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,291
Everything I was worried about in this show turned out fine. I loved it. My son seems to love it since he's watching it right now for the third time.

Only thing I hope is the Kraang learn how to communicate a bit better.
__________________
Do not concern yourself with what I've already done: rather tremble at the thought of what I am about to do.
Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=48140
Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:18 AM   #94
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,187
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Second ep was nice overall. Is it just me or is Shredder bald?
Appears to be. He also looks to not have a pupil in his left eye.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #95
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandRaph87 View Post
Appears to be. He also looks to not have a pupil in his left eye.
I wonder if Shredder was burned in the fire during the attack on Yoshi.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:21 AM   #96
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
I'm still not too hyped for this show. The animation and designs still really bother me, and there's some story related things I'm not a fan of. But... I have to admit that there were some things I liked, such as the humor. I did find myself laughing a couple of times, but most of the time, the jokes were meh (Nothing new to TMNT in that department). Another thing I enjoyed was how new the Turtles were to life. Seems like an interesting concept to see develop throughout the series.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #97
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
I'm still not too hyped for this show. The animation and designs still really bother me,
What would you rather the designs look like?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #98
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What would you rather the designs look like?
I don't know, something less ugly.
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #99
Allio
Foot Elite
 
Allio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 4,203
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
One thing that bugged me is Mikey's kusarigama. Where does he get it from? Do his nun-chucks transform into it?
The tip part of the Nunchuk pops off, revealing a second segment of chain, and the grip is still there from the Nunchuk for Mikey to keep a grasp on

In my Martial Arts school, they used to sell one of those weapons
__________________
Allio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:24 AM   #100
shezcrafti
Hench Mutant
 
shezcrafti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The East warehouse over at Lairdman island.
Posts: 367
Quote:
Originally Posted by n-zero View Post
Did anyone else catch when Splinter said his daughter's name was Miwa?

The character descriptions we've seen so far have said that Shredder has a daughter named Oroku Miwa ...
Yeah, I was wondering about that. Perhaps it's unclear who her real father is, or the paternity could become a huge plot twist/ reveal later on? It would help to explain why there's so much animosity between Shredder and Splinter.
__________________
Shellebrating 25+ Years of TMNT History [Infographic]



All of Raphael's Badassery in One Video
Spoiler:
shezcrafti is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
episode discussion, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.