The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2012, 07:10 PM   #61
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabungaparty View Post
can you understand this a-hole get a life
Dude, seriously? There's no need to get angry.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #62
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
And maybe that's why I don't have much of an issue either. My wife and I came to the conclusion that this Mikey is naive, not necessarily stupid. Everyone knows how I feel about 4Kids Mikey, that by the time he won the Battle Nexus Tournament he was insufferable, and that wasn't really because he was "the dumb one" but the fact that he was way to cocky....and then at times a coward. For me this Mikey is just kinda sweet and innocent. Naive, not stupid.
^agreed I like this mikey so far. He keeps the show fun. If you go to nick.com and read their comments alot of the kids favor Mikey!!!!
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #63
cowabungaparty
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
for the record......I can read comic's just fine hahahaha
cowabungaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:15 PM   #64
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabungaparty View Post
and sorry but most old school fans would prolly agree with me about the voices sure its geared more towards kids but hey who are we kidding kids arent gonna care about the voices so why not make them sound like the kick ass dudes we all know and love
I don't know what old school fans you talk to, but the fact that for once they sound like teenagers is awesome. Plus the characters are written like teens. The voices from the 80s or 4kids wouldn't work here.

I think you need to stick to talking for your self and not others. Cause I know you don't speek for me.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #65
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabungaparty View Post
can you understand this a-hole get a life
A little touchy aren't we? You're not going to last long if you act like this.
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #66
cowabungaparty
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
lol i took it down after reading the rules
cowabungaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:33 PM   #67
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Maybe we should all just be glad they didn't turn Mikey into spoungebob! (I hate spoungebob)!!!!
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:35 PM   #68
cowabungaparty
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
yes! i agree with mona lisa 100 %
cowabungaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:44 PM   #69
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowabungaparty View Post
and sorry but most old school fans would prolly agree with me about the voices sure its geared more towards kids but hey who are we kidding kids arent gonna care about the voices so why not make them sound like the kick ass dudes we all know and love
Nononono, not 'oldschool fans', CASUALS.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:47 PM   #70
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
More like steel & cardboard.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:48 PM   #71
Cowabunga Carl
Mad Scientist
 
Cowabunga Carl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Salt Lake City
Posts: 2,384
*Slow clap for Powder*
Cowabunga Carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #72
cowabungaparty
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: london,Ontario
Posts: 49
ok casual's it is then dude
cowabungaparty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #73
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mona_Lisa View Post
Maybe we should all just be glad they didn't turn Mikey into spoungebob! (I hate spoungebob)!!!!
Mikey is like Spongebob; naive and innocent. And learn to spell.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:21 PM   #74
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I continue to be in the minority with this show; not that that's bad, just interesting to me. I liked the show overall but I think all the voices are "off" and I honestly thought this Mikey was the dumbest interpretation yet. His voice also sounds the most "off" to me out of all 4. I like Mike in general but so far I'm not a fan of this version.

And off-Topic, but ADD/ADHD is a made-up "disease" the pharmaceutical industry came up with as a way to get kids hooked on pills the same way they invented "seasonal depression" to do the same with adults. My Dad worked in the pharmaceutical manufacturing biz (product safety technician) for almost 30 years, you'd be amazed how often they "invent" something that 8 or 9 out of 10 people have "symptoms" of, so they can market some "miracle pill". And you'd be sick to know how little they care about measuring the doses of these pills, as long as they ship. I've also had doctors admit to me they're "pressured" by parents and teachers to diagnose kids with ADD when in truth they're just hyper/drinking too much sugar and caffeine. That's what happened to my wife; when she was a kid, her mom insisted she had ADD and basically forced her doctor to put her on pills; years later her doctor admitted to us that she (and most of his other patients with ADD) was just drinking too much soda. She cut back on soda and quit taking pills, "problem" solved. Meanwhile the pills were giving her sleepless nights, depression, etc.

Sorry to go O/T, but knowing what I know I get annoyed whenever I see/hear people trying to legitimize a completely phony "disease". Mikey doesn't have ADD, like any kid his age he just needs an outlet for his aggression.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:38 PM   #75
9.95
Random Punk
 
9.95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Nononono, not 'oldschool fans', CASUALS.
Please understand that that he does not represent the casuals. I'm a casual, good natured fan willing to learn about everything in my fandom.
__________________
Needed for original turtles and splinter.
Leo- swords
Raph- sias and fist dagger
Mikey- belt and nunchucks
Don- belt and staff
Splinter- belt, robe and cane

Also
Classics collection leo
Neca leo
9.95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:52 PM   #76
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post

And off-Topic, but ADD/ADHD is a made-up "disease" the pharmaceutical industry came up with as a way to get kids hooked on pills the same way they invented "seasonal depression" to do the same with adults. My Dad worked in the pharmaceutical manufacturing biz (product safety technician) for almost 30 years, you'd be amazed how often they "invent" something that 8 or 9 out of 10 people have "symptoms" of, so they can market some "miracle pill". And you'd be sick to know how little they care about measuring the doses of these pills, as long as they ship. I've also had doctors admit to me they're "pressured" by parents and teachers to diagnose kids with ADD when in truth they're just hyper/drinking too much sugar and caffeine. That's what happened to my wife; when she was a kid, her mom insisted she had ADD and basically forced her doctor to put her on pills; years later her doctor admitted to us that she (and most of his other patients with ADD) was just drinking too much soda. She cut back on soda and quit taking pills, "problem" solved. Meanwhile the pills were giving her sleepless nights, depression, etc.

Sorry to go O/T, but knowing what I know I get annoyed whenever I see/hear people trying to legitimize a completely phony "disease". Mikey doesn't have ADD, like any kid his age he just needs an outlet for his aggression.
Why do you have to bring that sh*t here? It's a discussion about cartoons, keep your conspiracy theories and wife's stupid problems out of it.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 09:59 PM   #77
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Besides, it was a throw away joke....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:02 PM   #78
blackaerin
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
I like this Mikey, he's very endearing in his naivety and overall excitable ness, but I am worried how close he's toeing the line to being genuinely funny and being legitimately dumb.
I was talking the premier over with my friend who's much more critical about shows than I am, and unfortunately, Mikey didn't make her good graces, saying she didn't find him funny and was in fact annoyed how petty he was when the others didn't believe him about the Krang, to the point of giving away their position in an enemy lair just to rub in the fact that he was right.
blackaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #79
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
That's not petty. If she wants petty show her Clash of the Turtle Titans from TMNT: Fast Forward. There Mikey is all bent out of shape because some future superhero stole his superhero identity....THAT is petty.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 11:41 PM   #80
blackaerin
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
That's not petty. If she wants petty show her Clash of the Turtle Titans from TMNT: Fast Forward. There Mikey is all bent out of shape because some future superhero stole his superhero identity....THAT is petty.
Yeah, but that's comparing this Mikey to previous Mikeys.
I know that this Mikey's an improvement to previous incarnations like 2k7 and latter season 2k3 Mikeys, but that's because I watched them.
She's not interested in the TMNT "universe", she's only seen the premier of this show, with no previous knowledge of any other Mikey.
blackaerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.