The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2013, 08:55 PM   #301
evilaniamtion
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12
So I opened my Leo and let me say I am sadly disappointed in this figure. I am going to do a video review so you guys can see, but the articulation is basically 0.
evilaniamtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #302
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Can you take some good pictures?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #303
NinjaMan
Mad Scientist
 
NinjaMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,579
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarrior97 View Post
Damn competition.
LOL!!! If I see anything I'll let you know.
NinjaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #304
Endurs03
Stone Warrior
 
Endurs03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 564
Given that Walmart is going to get the giant turtles, I thought were tru exclusives, does that mean we can expect to see the secret sewer lair at Walmart also?
Endurs03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #305
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaniamtion View Post
So I opened my Leo and let me say I am sadly disappointed in this figure. I am going to do a video review so you guys can see, but the articulation is basically 0.
I'm not surprised. I don't think Playmates intended this one to be as good as the first basic Leo figure. That's why I'm avoiding these ones. Once we get some good variants (whether it's cartoon accurate, based off of Space Heroes, or is very appealing), then I'll be buying. Not these silly "Ghostbuster" ones.

Last edited by Bauer536; 01-07-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:14 PM   #306
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endurs03 View Post
Given that Walmart is going to get the giant turtles, I thought were tru exclusives, does that mean we can expect to see the secret sewer lair at Walmart also?
I wonder if they'll be any cheaper... Would be incentive to pick 'em up.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 11:51 PM   #307
evilaniamtion
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12

Check out the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrjlFbCJfc0

Last edited by evilaniamtion; 01-07-2013 at 11:57 PM.
evilaniamtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:45 AM   #308
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
i guess they dont want to spend to mutch on the variants.you said in the review that the heads dont fit but was that from the nn factory or the ob i think someone said that the ob turtles did have a smaller head socket so perhaps they will fitt??
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:10 AM   #309
PhatRam32
Hench Mutant
 
PhatRam32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 302
This pretty much the nail in the coffin for these variants.. no thank! Look forward to stockman, snakeweed, leatherhead and company.
__________________
Turtle Power!
PhatRam32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #310
Oculus Orbus
Mad Scientist
 
Oculus Orbus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 1,535
Thank you for the review, man. Seriously, it seems like Playmates is not even trying anymore.
Oculus Orbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:26 AM   #311
Bauer536
Mad Scientist
 
Bauer536's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 1,550
No matter what the paint job is to the figures, they will be necessary to buy. However, why can't Playmates just flat out say, "It's the cost to make these figures that matters, and sometimes, if it's too high, then that's the reason why there is limited paint applications and lack of articulation." Why can't they just say that?
Bauer536 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #312
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
The new figure reminds me of a happy meal toy you'd buy at McDonalds or BK in the 90s.

UG

Oh well. Guess I'll skip the new figs and pick up the legos instead.
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:49 AM   #313
savagejon123
Hench Mutant
 
savagejon123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pa
Posts: 387
If you guys are talking about those big battle shell turtles. My walmart just made an endcap of them 40$ a piece.
__________________
----Savage----
savagejon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 PM   #314
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagejon123 View Post
If you guys are talking about those big battle shell turtles. My walmart just made an endcap of them 40$ a piece.
Really, that high? I thought they would be closer to 19.99 or 24.99 each.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #315
edhellman
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 27
EvilAnimation, thanks for the review!

I know you said the ball joint would have to be modified if we switch the Ooze Launchin' Leo's head with the regular 2012 figure, but does their flesh color match?

I'm ok with sanding down the ball joint and really want to put the ooze launchin' head on the regular body!!

Thanks!!!
edhellman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:28 PM   #316
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilaniamtion View Post

Check out the review http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrjlFbCJfc0
Thanks man. Yeah I share your disappointment. First wave Nick turtles really put these to shame, but i'll live with it. I'll still get them... aside from the predictably bad paint jobs and TERRIBLE articulation, the most annoying part to me is that they swivel at the waist... when clearly their shells can't turn in that fashion

I accept that I'm not the target audience for the playmates toys, but man, those first wave Nick turtles were pretty fantastic. And then... this. It's a pretty big drop in quality.

They better not mess up Leatherhead or some of the other upcoming figures.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #317
FoxZerro
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 574
Quote:
Originally Posted by savagejon123 View Post
If you guys are talking about those big battle shell turtles. My walmart just made an endcap of them 40$ a piece.
That's crazy, I heard the price was going to be $20 at Wal-Mart. Those figures, as great as they are, are not worth $40.
FoxZerro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 02:48 PM   #318
Threat
Foot Soldier
 
Threat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 158
So much for being able to swap the heads. That was my only reason of interest in these. Oh well, saves me money.
__________________
Threat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #319
evilaniamtion
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by edhellman View Post
EvilAnimation, thanks for the review!

I know you said the ball joint would have to be modified if we switch the Ooze Launchin' Leo's head with the regular 2012 figure, but does their flesh color match?

I'm ok with sanding down the ball joint and really want to put the ooze launchin' head on the regular body!!

Thanks!!!
as you can see after closer review the ooze head is actually smaller and slightly a different green.


Also I saw the new ooze vehicles today, I decide against them since I am trying to recoup after Holiday spending.
evilaniamtion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #320
The Purple Dragon
Stone Warrior
 
The Purple Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: the streets in norway 😉
Posts: 659
well thas a shame i think leos head are pretty toon acruate.well hope next variant turtles are moore toon acurate head and feat
The Purple Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.