The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #41
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
One question I do have though; Does the Kitsune Witch have a name? (If it were me, I'd call her Pimiko, from the Mirage character. And her Daughter of the same name with Saki would be Karai's ancestor.)
I think maybe "Kitsune" IS her name, though I thought it was just a description of what she was at first. It's a bit of a generic name, though. "Fox".
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #42
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I think maybe "Kitsune" IS her name, though I thought it was just a description of what she was at first. It's a bit of a generic name, though. "Fox".
You sure about that? I didn't notice Saki address her with Kitsune as the name. If that is her name though, is cool.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:00 PM   #43
DrSpengler
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 4,842
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
You sure about that? I didn't notice Saki address her with Kitsune as the name. If that is her name though, is cool.
I'm not sure, which is why in my reviews I usually refer to her as "the Kitsune witch" 'cause I couldn't tell if Kitsune was intended as her proper name or a description of the magical creature she represented.
DrSpengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #44
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby Barrett View Post
The "I can read more manga now" line irks me pretty bad, but otherwise, looking forward to the tpb coming out soon.
seriously???? I loved that line!!!! so freaking funny!!!!!!!
This made it for me!!!!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 06:52 PM   #45
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
I was just riffing on Nines' specific comment about Leo joining the Foot. (:
You sure about that? Because 'dark leo' sounds pretty damn cool to me
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:14 PM   #46
Erik Burnham
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere in MN
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinf View Post
You sure about that? Because 'dark leo' sounds pretty damn cool to me
I glommed onto his example. We had a million things we couldn't include. Maybe a better example would've been more Utrom stuff.

Never. Post. Tired! (:
__________________
Follow me on Twitter. Be my Facebook fan. Wade in the pool that is my ego. (;

www.burnhamania.com
www.facebook.com/erikburnhamfanpage
www.twitter.com/erikburnham
Erik Burnham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #47
Martin
Stone Warrior
 
Martin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
I glommed onto his example. We had a million things we couldn't include. Maybe a better example would've been more Utrom stuff.

Never. Post. Tired! (:
Tell me about it! After 9 hours of work and 5 of uni I'm beat. So if anyone notices any incoherencies from my part, it's probably because of that. Apparently fatigue and writing in a foreign language don't go well together. Who knew?

Anyway, I got excited with the whole dark leo thingy since it kind of validated my hopes that Leo would switch teams due to some sort of brainwash or spell, rather than the usual 'goes undercover to gather intel'. But I probably was reading too much into it.

Ok, I'll stop harassing you now
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:13 PM   #48
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
Well, some things feed back into the main series (or potentially other micros.) Some things (Dark Leo tie-ins for example) didn't get any real estate because there wasn't any space. (:
Understandable. It was only a 4 issue mini.

Quote:
And there was a line -- one of Mateus' -- about the Foot's first mutant (Alopex) being a fox because Shredder specifically wanted it that way. He liked the symbolism. But, really, it didn't work in the scene as well as we'd hoped. Could've been my failings there.
That's pretty cool to know, regardless if it made it onto a panel or not.

Quote:
Still, there are a lot of ideas that should be touched on. Luckily there's many more turtle comics upcoming.

As an example, someone at a con asked me about Masato in the Splinter Micro. Said I should really have explained more about what happened to him. He seemed like a decent guy, how come he wasn't speaking up when Saki was getting crazy (back in TMNT #5?) Why didn't I acknowledge that?

Well, we know what happened to him now, nine months later, in another series. (:

Lotsa shuffling, guys, and especially, lots of hindsight. Nature of the beast. (:
Right, right. I just put too much stock into #4 before reading it.

I love the creative team behind this TMNT universe but after almost 2 years, I kinda wish they'd wrap all this stuff up and put a cap on it, then come right back with a Volume 2.

Anyways, thanks for the input Burnham-san.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:56 PM   #49
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
No offense, but why do we need a vol.2? This isn't mirage, the series can go on indefinitely as long as sales are up.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:27 PM   #50
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,218
We don't need one, I'm just starting to get tired of waiting a year (or longer) to have questions answered. I want them to tell a complete story, maybe take a short break, then come back with a sequel volume.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:50 PM   #51
corvus
Stone Warrior
 
corvus's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: London
Posts: 783
I think the better solution is to give us a second monthly or even bi-monthly ongoing series. But that's expensive to do.
__________________
corvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:32 PM   #52
Panda_Kahn_fan
Mad Scientist
 
Panda_Kahn_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
Yeah, I'd love to see a second monthly!

Oy, I just read the previews, and I do actually think her name is Kitsune. As a former anime fan, the name seems kinda blah still think she's an awesome character though. Maybe her and shredder's daugher's name was Pimiko?
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell

IDW is the best version of TMNT

If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket.
Panda_Kahn_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:58 PM   #53
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by corvus View Post
I think the better solution is to give us a second monthly or even bi-monthly ongoing series. But that's expensive to do.
Not to mention the mental blowout it would give Tom to try and write it, on top of the other series and stories he writes for!
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:08 PM   #54
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Best part of the IDW series thus far. This would make an amazing film if you just tack on a brawl with Shredder at the end. I wish the whole series had this same tone and artist/writer duo (with all due respect to everyone else who have been amazing too).
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #55
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Best part of the IDW series thus far. This would make an amazing film if you just tack on a brawl with Shredder at the end. I wish the whole series had this same tone and artist/writer duo (with all due respect to everyone else who have been amazing too).
Agreed!!!! this has been my favorite arch of the IDW universe!!!!
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #56
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I wonder if they can just point an anti-mutagen gun at Shredder and make him mortal again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
seriously???? I loved that line!!!! so freaking funny!!!!!!!
This made it for me!!!!
I liked his analogy between playing Mario Brothers and reincarnation better, but I already said somewhere that he's had some of the best lines here of late. Does anyone else literally hear Greg Cipes' voice in their head when he speaks in the comic? I do.

I can see where people found the 2003 cartoon's Michelangelo annoying, I really can, but I think that the IDW series and the Nick cartoon have done a VERY good job with him, like the 2007 movie did.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]

Last edited by ***First of Two Latin Kings***; 03-25-2013 at 07:49 PM.
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:17 PM   #57
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I wonder if they can just point an anti-mutagen gun at Shredder and make him mortal again...



I liked his analogy between playing Mario Brothers and reincarnation better, but I already said somewhere that he's had some of the best lines here of late. Does anyone else literally hear Greg Cipes' voice in their head when he speaks in the comic? I do.

I can see where people found the 2003 cartoon's Michelangelo annoying, I really can, but I think that the IDW series and the Nick cartoon have done a VERY good job with him, like the 2007 movie did.
No matter what I always hear the four turtles as voiced in the '87 cartoon. I guess its just how attached to them as a child I was and thier voices never went away to be replaced in my head since I still to this day hear those voices more than any. Still hearing two Raphs in the Nick cartoon.

Anyway,as for the second title, the micros fill that nicely. A one and done yet connected issue with character focus. Maybe make it a bi-monthy after round three? It would be a nice showcase of IDW and overall independent writers and artist talent on top of the before mentioned. It would also progress the story a bit quicker and easier. I don't want a volume two for a long time. I know comic companies don't care about numbering anymore but I would like to see a TMNT comic reach 76 for once.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 PM   #58
Redeemer
Technodrome Technician
 
Redeemer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: third earth
Posts: 4,737
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
.

I can see where people found the 2003 cartoon's Michelangelo annoying, I really can, but I think that the IDW series and the Nick cartoon have done a VERY good job with him,
I really dont understand all of the hate for 2k3 Mikey if 2k3 mikey is stupid then Nick Mikey must be a GRADE A RETARD. I dont like Nick Mikey at all worse incarnation of him ever.
__________________
GT:Reedeamer
THE TECHNODROME REDESIGN 2015
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=51594
Redeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #59
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Burnham View Post
It was suggested to me by someone else. I thought it was kind of funny. Sorry it irks. (:
No, actually, it was pretty funny. It got a laugh out of me and everyone I showed it to. It's very Mikey-like. I'm glad you put it in there.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #60
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Best part of the IDW series thus far. This would make an amazing film if you just tack on a brawl with Shredder at the end. I wish the whole series had this same tone and artist/writer duo (with all due respect to everyone else who have been amazing too).
agreed man totally
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.