The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2013, 11:08 AM   #1501
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
I'd like

- Karai
- Mutagen Man
- Casey Jones
- Pete
- Tyler
- Ms. Campbell
- Justin
- Purple Dragons
- Tragg
- Turtle Sub
- TCRI

And if they appear:
- Bebop and Rocksteady
- Krang
- Hun
- Savanti Romero
- Venus Di Milo
- Mona Lisa
- Tokka and Rahzar
- Technodrome
- Ninjara
- Usagi Yojimbo
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Utrom Shredder
- Groundchuck and Dirtbag
- Technodrome
- Vam Mi
- Quarry

Last edited by miru; 04-30-2013 at 04:20 PM.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:43 AM   #1502
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Finally scored Leatherhead, Snakeweed at a Toysrus 50 miles from my house!! And picking up Baxter from CJJ here in a bit. Glad I finally found them I spent over an hour calling stores this morning.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:07 PM   #1503
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I'd like

- Karai
- Mutagen Man
- Casey Jones
- Pete
- Tyler
- Ms. Campbell
- Justin
- Purple Dragons
- Tragg
- Turtle Sub
- TCRI

And if they appear:
- Bebop and Rocksteady
- Krang
- Hun
- Savanti Romero
- Venus Di Milo
- Mona Lisa
- Tokka and Rahzar
- Technodrome
- Ninjara
- Usagi Yojimbo
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Utrom Shredder
All good apart from Sonic. He doesn't belong in TMNT.
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:15 PM   #1504
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by weizie View Post
You guys are treating this line like it is a collectors line like ”predators” from neca. Toys r us gets 1 case of their figures, sometimes if your lucky they get a second case.a week later, then that's it until the next series. Your mad dash, anger, hiding, and frustration is not needed. These guys will be mass retail and everywhere in a month or so. When y'all get mad that your target didn't have them, it's unnecessary. In a few months yall will be saying ”leatherhead is shelf warming, will playmates stop producing him?”...As funny as y'alls anger can be, it is still sad to see everyday over and over and over again.
Pretty sure most of the regular posters in this thread understand all that you said and agree. But still, as fans people like to get the figures sooner rather than later so they can enjoy them!

And again, while I agree with your points, it is worth noting that there HAVE been shortages of some figures such as April and Kraang already in this line, it's not fair to say that every character will be shelfwarming. Some will, and since metalhead, fishface and dogpound shelfwarmed a lot, I think leatherhead, snakeweed and baxter (especially baxter) will be shelfwarming... BUT then also consider that the recent cases don't contain every figure, so now there will even be people wondering where they can find the ooze turtles since they aren't being packaged anymore!

So there is SOME scarcity.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:27 PM   #1505
Y2Bogus
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 135
You can add me to the list of people who decided to improve on Mikey's weapons. I did Don's too when I saw how well they turned out.







Y2Bogus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 05:28 PM   #1506
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Nice job. Yeah I need to stop being lazy and do it. I've read many guides on how... the process is really simple. Just need to get my butt to an arts and crafts store
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #1507
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Pretty sure most of the regular posters in this thread understand all that you said and agree. But still, as fans people like to get the figures sooner rather than later so they can enjoy them!

And again, while I agree with your points, it is worth noting that there HAVE been shortages of some figures such as April and Kraang already in this line, it's not fair to say that every character will be shelfwarming. Some will, and since metalhead, fishface and dogpound shelfwarmed a lot, I think leatherhead, snakeweed and baxter (especially baxter) will be shelfwarming... BUT then also consider that the recent cases don't contain every figure, so now there will even be people wondering where they can find the ooze turtles since they aren't being packaged anymore!

So there is SOME scarcity.
I agree with your post 100%. I am one of those people that like getting the stuff early, not to mention the hunt and chase is fun!
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #1508
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
True.
I know that the new three will around for years yet. However, I do like to go chase the new ones down. It's cool.
Back in the day, you just couldn't get those original Turtles, and guys were going door to door in the uk selling them! They were that scarce.
Now, a quarter century later, those originals are easier to find than they were then, and I think they are cheaper!
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 07:39 PM   #1509
Mr.turtlefan
Random Punk
 
Mr.turtlefan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: NY
Posts: 21
NO SNAKEWEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr.turtlefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:01 PM   #1510
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.turtlefan View Post
NO SNAKEWEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I know it sucks I have spent basically 2 weeks looking and calling around. Just keep calling my local TRU get shipments on Thursdays and Saturday's and I think its the same with most. Good luck with your hunt my friend you will hit pay dirt soon.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:04 PM   #1511
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.turtlefan View Post
NO SNAKEWEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about instead of wasting gallons of gas and getting yourself frustrated you just call the God damn stores first... Find out the days they get shipments and call on those.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:12 AM   #1512
redsai4lex
Stone Warrior
 
redsai4lex's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: by the TMNT's side
Posts: 546
I would also love to see The Technodrome itself in the new show, along with a new play-set to be sold along with its appearance.

They should also release a "Baxter Stockman's Play-set of... DOOM!"

and a Krang ship...
__________________
redsai4lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #1513
weizie
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Pretty sure most of the regular posters in this thread understand all that you said and agree. But still, as fans people like to get the figures sooner rather than later so they can enjoy them!

And again, while I agree with your points, it is worth noting that there HAVE been shortages of some figures such as April and Kraang already in this line, it's not fair to say that every character will be shelfwarming. Some will, and since metalhead, fishface and dogpound shelfwarmed a lot, I think leatherhead, snakeweed and baxter (especially baxter) will be shelfwarming... BUT then also consider that the recent cases don't contain every figure, so now there will even be people wondering where they can find the ooze turtles since they aren't being packaged anymore!

So there is SOME scarcity.
I am all for the hunt. I'm just saying some are going a little drastic for a over produced retail line. And your comment about april and splinter being rare is also funny. After the initial release, and the collectors got their fill, and the stores replenished like crazy, splinter, krang, and april were all peg warming. Then when they eventually sold, people started going crazy for them. Just how retail works, people want it when they can't get it.
__________________
weizie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #1514
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by miru View Post
I'd like

- Karai
- Mutagen Man
- Casey Jones
- Pete
- Tyler
- Ms. Campbell
- Justin
- Purple Dragons
- Tragg
- Turtle Sub
- TCRI

And if they appear:
- Bebop and Rocksteady
- Krang
- Hun
- Savanti Romero
- Venus Di Milo
- Mona Lisa
- Tokka and Rahzar
- Technodrome
- Ninjara
- Usagi Yojimbo
- Sonic the Hedgehog
- Utrom Shredder
Sonic? And Usagi is confirmed NOT to appear.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:04 PM   #1515
Ryanator008
Hench Mutant
 
Ryanator008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 293
I hope the guy was joking about Sonic.
__________________
Quote:
Keonta, Karova, Melanite, Harkova! A thousand nightmares will soon come true, space will twist and rip in two. Reality ends, time is tossed, as galaxies found, become galaxies lost!
Ryanator008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 03:54 PM   #1516
LivingMutagen
Hench Mutant
 
LivingMutagen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: In a canister
Posts: 375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanator008 View Post
I hope the guy was joking about Sonic.
It's miru. So it's serious.
LivingMutagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:04 PM   #1517
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
How about instead of wasting gallons of gas and getting yourself frustrated you just call the God damn stores first... Find out the days they get shipments and call on those.
Not all store employees are that helpful you know.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:17 PM   #1518
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
I am guessing that these are not yet available on TRU websites state side.

Once on line, and they will be, you just log in, order and have them kept at the store of your choice.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:38 PM   #1519
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donatello19 View Post
Not all store employees are that helpful you know.
Ain't that the truth! I can't tell ya how many times I have called stores looking for a specific item and they say they don't have it and you go anyways and right there it will be or vice virsa.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #1520
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
I am guessing that these are not yet available on TRU websites state side.

Once on line, and they will be, you just log in, order and have them kept at the store of your choice.
No they are not available on the store websites...wish they were cause it would make life easy to get them. As soon as the 1st wave came available last year they were up on Toys R Us website fairly quick and I ordered all 9 and they shipped out within the same day.
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.