![]() |
|
|
#301 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
|
I dont get al the crying about fox as april. The fact is shes gonna draw in people that might have skipped on the movie other wise. I was talking to a coulple of guys I work with about movies we wanted to go see the other day. I brought up the new tmnt movie and not much reaction from then. But then I said dude megan fox is playing april. Thats when the excitement came. One of them replied dude shut the **** up they got megan fox to play april.
They all said they want to see it. Now that they know shes playing april. So in my book shes a plus for this movie.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced. |
|
|
|
|
|
#302 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#303 | |
|
Disgusting
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
|
Quote:
A micheal bay film Staring : Megan fox as a paper bag Shia labeouf as a shopper CGI Shopping items as themselves Rated PG-13 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#304 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
|
I guess the way im looking at it is an ass in a seat is still a ass in a seat. Which is gonna be good for the franchise. It really dont matter what gets people into the threater as long as they go.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced. |
|
|
|
|
|
#305 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
|
It's not rocket science, any girl could play April. It's not that hard. If Fox being in the movie alone is enough for someone to buy a ticket, then good for the franchise, it makes money.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#306 |
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
So you'd rather see a bad movie do well than a good movie fail? I don't really understand this financial success = artistic integrity mindset.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#307 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#308 | ||||
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced. |
||||
|
|
|
|
|
#309 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
|
Let's see... The Coen Brothers, Joss Whedon, SIR Ridley Scott, Ray Bradbury ect ect. Need I go on?
So in your opinion which is better Monster Trucks or Nascar?
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#310 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
|
Quote:
Cant stand either why do you ask?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today. Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#311 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I weep for this world....
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#312 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
|
Even I don't know who they are.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#313 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
|
I do know who they are, and enjoy a lot of their films, but I'm objective enough to say that even though all of the above consistently make "better" films than Bay or others, they (and their fans) are just as guilty of occasionally being self-revering and pretentious as they are of being brilliant writers, directors, filmmakers, etc.
He wasn't mentioned in that group, but J.J. Abrams is a perfect example. He does a lot of good stuff. His 2002 pitch for Superman was awful. That movie would have been terrible. That stays true even if he did revive the Star Trek franchise and make a pretty good first movie (still haven't seen the sequel). Someone with a good track record doesn't always have the right idea, and someone who makes mostly bad movies isn't guaranteed to have everything he touches turn to garbage, either. To put it another way: There's two things I learned from watching "White Men Can't Jump", the single best movie ever made (if you only count movies starring Rosie Perez and her awesome rack): "The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days," AND, "You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit." Think about it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#314 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Quote:
![]() ![]() ![]() I KNOW, right?
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#315 |
|
Jedi Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
|
I just don't see April O'Neil when looking at those pictures. I just see a ditz with brunch. I hope Fox can change my lack of enthusiasm.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon! |
|
|
|
|
|
#316 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Quote:
Of all the things that fans have groused about (and rightfully so imo) Fox's casting has probably come off as the least objectionable thing. Last edited by Galactus; 05-11-2013 at 09:03 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#317 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#318 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
|
Megan Fox is simply miscast as April. That's why the casuals are complaining and even people here are skeptical.
Also I never thought Megan Fox was a good actress either. She's a perfect example of how looks will get you a career in Hollywood over acting. |
|
|
|
|
|
#319 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 329
|
I posted a lengthy blog about this Fox as April non-sense. I got kinda worked up while typing it so it gets rather mean towards the end.
http://liugeaux.com/post/49992844733...omplaining-now
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com My Podcast!: Reality Breached My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast |
|
|
|
|
|
#320 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
|
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| live action films, megan fox, movie casting |
|
|