The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #161
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
I thought the Channel 6 crew was the worst part of the OT.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I found the Channel 6 crew in the OT annoying and pointless as well. Burne is ok, I like him. But Vernon and Irma were the worst TMNT supporting characters IMO. Their characters didn't have much of a point in the show.

Nevertheless, it will be interesting to see what Arnett does with the Vernon character.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #162
Refractive Reflections
Mad Scientist
 
Refractive Reflections's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,371
I enjoyed the Channel 6 crew, they provided some comedic relief for the show and at least displayed that April did have a life outside of the Turtles by showing her workplace and how she managed to help them from a public relations perspective.

The only reason the Channel 6 crew is important, is because April is a main character of the show, and she is the main link (or sometimes the only link) the Turtles have to humanity.

The Channel 6 news crew was implemented effectively in the show without taking too much attention away from the Turtles. I just don't know if it will be as effective, and work as good in this movie.
Refractive Reflections is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 07:39 AM   #163
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Channel 6 crews are hilarious. I look forward to them being in action.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 08:23 AM   #164
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
Most of Irma an Vernon's scenes in the OT were hilarious. The show wouldn't have been the same without them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #165
MsMarvelDuckie
I Married a Duck!
 
MsMarvelDuckie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
Now THAT I can agree with! I can think of several episodes off the top of my head that would not have been nearly as good/funny without those two. Green With Jealousy, Attack of 50 ft Irma, April Gets In Dutch, Were-Rats From Channel Six, are just a few off the top of my head. I just realized most of those feature Irma mostly, but Vernon had his share of funny moments, too.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs"

"Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

My various stories and fan-fics are now here-

https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end
MsMarvelDuckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.