The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2014, 01:03 PM   #221
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
Do people still eat Pizza Hut pizza? I'm always shocked that it still exists.
you know with papa johns being attached to TF in the past I am alittle surprised pizza hut is with turtles (both paramount)


maybe they had a contract since way back in the days of the tour that said they would be part of turtles


then again i always find it funny the first turtles movie had mostly sponsorship from Pizza Hut yet they only eat Domino's on screen (only in the first)
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #222
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
you know with papa johns being attached to TF in the past I am alittle surprised pizza hut is with turtles (both paramount)

maybe they had a contract since way back in the days of the tour that said they would be part of turtles

then again i always find it funny the first turtles movie had mostly sponsorship from Pizza Hut yet they only eat Domino's on screen (only in the first)
It's just a shame that they couldn't work out a deal with Roy's Pizza for old times' sake...

__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 02:19 PM   #223
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
those with 'sources' - any word on that shiny new trailer that ALBERTA rated about a week ago?

going on vacation, and I'd love to kick it off with some new turtley-footage. (that sounds wrong, )
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #224
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
those with 'sources' - any word on that shiny new trailer that ALBERTA rated about a week ago?

going on vacation, and I'd love to kick it off with some new turtley-footage. (that sounds wrong, )
Possibly with the NBA playoffs tonight or tomorrow
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 03:18 PM   #225
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
eh mac and cheese was aimed more for the tv show but whatever you want it that bad you can have it

also pizza hut boxes technically doesn't count since thats not a mass release we all get....like oreo being a substitute for energon



but again as i said compared to TF now theres not much new in the current (now, ahora,jetzt,今, this momento) tv commercial world


also more like month and a half Kiddo,....studio may want to actually push something out soonish if they hope to gain more GA


this "blitz" is gonna have to make up for alot of quiet and empty time dont cha know
Whats all this talk about transformers marketing....transformer comes out in about two weeks....this place is a walking contridiction....smfh.....its like its ok for tf not to have tf marketing untill the month prior but tmnt should started promos a year and a half ago....geez...this place never ceases to amaze me


edit...should have read ahead....I see now this has already been coveredby one of the ones who actually make sense around here....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #226
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Not a fan of the blurring effect the black and white graffiti posters have, makes them look less graffiti and more done in Photoshop, besides that they are neat.

Or maybe it's just be being crazy. I have seen blur effects in actual graffiti art, but those don't... "Look" right, I donno, the blurr looks off.

Last edited by Candy Kappa; 06-10-2014 at 04:19 PM.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #227
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Was this posted? No text on it.

__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #228
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
I think it's been posted before in the movie image thread.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:46 PM   #229
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
I think it's been posted before in the movie image thread.
Oh ok. Just know a lot of people who love the posters. Shredder looks like a badass. If they'd only tone the blades down a bit.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #230
Glados
Foot Soldier
 
Glados's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not a fan of the blurring effect the black and white graffiti posters have, makes them look less graffiti and more done in Photoshop, besides that they are neat.

Or maybe it's just be being crazy. I have seen blur effects in actual graffiti art, but those don't... "Look" right, I donno, the blurr looks off.
I work with "street art" (in print form) on a daily basis, and you can get those sorts of blurry effects pretty much with a spray can. I think one of the things that makes the images seem a bit blurry at times if that the originals are often rather big, while what we see on our screens (and often in print too) is down scaled and scatter of paint ends up looking like "blur" a lot more.
Glados is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #231
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
The blurry effects seems to be made intentionally, as some places the line work is very crisp. When I first noticed it, I thought some thing was up with my contact lenses (it's late and I've worn them for quite some time)
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:33 PM   #232
GrapeSoda
Foot Soldier
 
GrapeSoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broca Beach
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Not a fan of the blurring effect the black and white graffiti posters have, makes them look less graffiti and more done in Photoshop, besides that they are neat.

Or maybe it's just be being crazy. I have seen blur effects in actual graffiti art, but those don't... "Look" right, I donno, the blurr looks off.
you said it later down the thread, but yeah, the blur looks to be intentional. The design is, initially pretty cool....but once you really look at it, the faux graffiti style just screams "photoshop".

Which is a freaking shame, because there are some AMAZING stencil and graff artists out there who could do the design total justice. One of my best friends is a stencil artist that does HUGE multicolor geek-centric pieces. I've partied with his "crew" and every one of them is some sort of 80s - 90s geek/pop culture nerd that would die for a chance to do work for the Turtles.
__________________
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:37 PM   #233
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

3 TV spots
2 trailers and a 3rd coming this week
a macaroni and cheese commercial/ general TMNT promo with V. Ice
Crush soda Promo
Character "weapons" posters
Street style graffiti Character posters.
MTV interview with Megan Fox.
Today Show interview/trailer debut with Will Arnett.
Pizza Hut Promo with the turtles on every box along with the passcode "OOZE" for the website to watch the trailer. These pizzas were sent out to different media outlets.
X-game promo tent with Johnston mural.
Just out of curiosity, has all of the marketing just been in the US thus far? I'm wondering whether there's been international marketing popping up anywhere - everything I've seen so far has been on the internet, but then if there's a butthole of the universe, I live in the country that's closest to it. (No offence, fellow Aussies).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddinpop View Post
Bingo. I hope you're paying attention Leonardo. This and his chest being wide open.. could make him vulnerable..
... or he could go for the eye-holes?
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 05:47 PM   #234
UGHShellshocked
Hench Mutant
 
UGHShellshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 442
Johnny Knoxville will be on jimmy kimmel tomorrow night so he might debut the trailer
UGHShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:04 PM   #235
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Great so now I have to watch a grainy trailer looked like it was taped in the year two for weeks. The new TV spot is still not online? That's horrid.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:06 PM   #236
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
Johnny Knoxville will be on jimmy kimmel tomorrow night so he might debut the trailer
It would be cool if it was more then just a trailer, But an actual clip from the movie.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 06:09 PM   #237
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743


__________________

Last edited by MastahShredder; 06-10-2014 at 06:15 PM.
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:10 PM   #238
zodiac brave
Stone Warrior
 
zodiac brave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: san antonio, tx
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by UGHShellshocked View Post
Johnny Knoxville will be on jimmy kimmel tomorrow night so he might debut the trailer
like when chris pratt debuted the guardians of the galaxy trailer on there.
__________________
what we were after, was lashings of ultra-violence.

zodiac brave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:19 PM   #239
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodiac brave View Post
like when chris pratt debuted the guardians of the galaxy trailer on there.
Wasn't that announced/known ahead of time? I can't remember.

Also, Knoxville had an AMA on Reddit very recently. A couple people asked him about the movie and as far as I know he didn't answer them.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 07:29 PM   #240
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
The Poster I ordered has shipped, Should be here in a few days, Dont know when exactly since its coming from FedEx.

This is the poster I'm getting, and it will be Laminated, so I'll have to post a pic of it on my Wall when ever I get it.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.