The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 04:42 AM   #181
Shogun26
Mad Scientist
 
Shogun26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: under my bed
Posts: 2,322
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyJonesFan View Post
Mine is scheduled to ship on the 24th from Barnes and Noble
Me too, me too!
__________________
Ebay Store!!

Guys...I think Turtle Mania is back for good.
Shogun26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:17 AM   #182
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
I preordered mine last night and i told my fiance. She freaked out and said I had to cancel it because apparently she bought it a few weeks ago as a birthday surprise not realizing the release date on it. SO I'll be getting mine June 19th it says
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:25 AM   #183
The Fifth Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Fifth Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Chicago sewer
Posts: 2,488
Will these be avail in stores and or comic shops?
The Fifth Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:39 AM   #184
TheMasterTurtle
Mad Scientist
 
TheMasterTurtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,114
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Turtle View Post
Will these be avail in stores and or comic shops?
Barnes and noble has them for preorder online so I have to assume they'll be in stores
__________________


Do you have any Dinosaucers or a lead on where to get anything related to the show? PM Me Please!

Check out my collection!
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=39766
TheMasterTurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #185
SS Kakarot
Mad Scientist
 
SS Kakarot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,067
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raph View Post
I pre-ordered it as well.
Still pretty sad about the fact that I could have contributed to the book as well. I couldn't acces my hotmail account for many months and when I read that Andrew wanted to use some stuff from my autograph site it was already to late.
That's a shame indeed, do you know what would have been used?
Still, can't wait for this book to come out!
SS Kakarot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 04:37 AM   #186
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
GUYS my book just came!!!! the video review does not do it justice. I am going to start reading it this second.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:36 AM   #187
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Ok, so I have read some of the start so far I will not spoil, but If anyone has any questions feel free to ask, may be best to PM me, so not to spoil it for others.

So far I highly HIGHLY recommend to everyone.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:43 AM   #188
mrmaczaps
Banned
 
mrmaczaps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maine
Posts: 2,619
finally ordered mine and hopefully it arrives in one piece. stupid USPS has been playing soccer with my boxes lately....
mrmaczaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 AM   #189
Rat_King
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Crown Point, IN
Posts: 300
I'm seeing online what appear to be two different covers for this book. I know it is normal for the initial solicitation to be concept art but does anyone know if there is more than one cover?
Rat_King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:06 AM   #190
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rat_King View Post
I'm seeing online what appear to be two different covers for this book. I know it is normal for the initial solicitation to be concept art but does anyone know if there is more than one cover?
I have the black cover, and I don't think there is an alt version. I think the red one was changed.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #191
Casey
Stone Warrior
 
Casey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Posts: 583
I'd like to officially retract my statement that IDW belongs on the cover more than 23K. For starters, Tom says that's not them and for seconds, if we are going by eras, it should either be 23K or the 2007 film in place of the generic Eastman-esque drawing. No films are represented, so I lean towards 2007, but personally would love to see 1990 up there because there is also NO live-action represented, but we have 2 cartoons and two comics. So, either:

1. 23K or 2007 if they are going by eras. 2007 kills two birds w one stone because it is a movie, BUT 23K has more fans a much larger impact on the franchise.
2. 1990 if they are going by media types OR again 2007, but 1990 covers both live-action and a film. And there were MANY live action turtles.

Basically, anything but this generic cop out.
__________________
GOONGALA!
Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #192
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Answering a few questions that have been raised:

All of the bonus inserts mentioned (certificates, fan club letters, press releases, additional art, etc.) are included in every copy of the book. That allowed us to add about 30 images in addition to the 192 pages, the 40-page reprint of TMNT #1, and the poster version of the cover (with the original background, not the blacked-out version from the book cover).

The red cover with the Turtles photoshopped onto dates back to fall 2012, when the book was called Radical Mutations. I like it, but when my publisher approved the budget for getting Ryan Brown, Kevin Eastman, and Ronda Pattison to do a new cover, that one was a no-brainer.

On the front cover, yes, that's the IDW-era Leonardo (and you can ask Kevin Eastman or Ryan Brown or me or my editor for confirmation). Two comic book Turtles, two animated Turtles. I'd originally pushed for the 4Kids Leonardo or the movie Leonardo, but the movie was off-limits and after a looooooong discussion, we decided to go with the IDW Leo. Someday I'll get around to doing a finished drawing of my original version of the cover, which would have included a lot more characters, with the movies, comics, cartoons, and video games all represented.

Book's starting to ship now, and should be in bookstores and comic shops on June 24. If you pre-ordered from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, you'll probably get your copy sooner. If you go to the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco tonight, you'll get it even sooner than that, plus you can get your copy signed by me, Ciro Nieli, Ken Mitchroney and other TMNT folks.

Thanks again for all of your support! So excited to finally see the book in the hands of TMNT fans!
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:17 PM   #193
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
Answering a few questions that have been raised:

All of the bonus inserts mentioned (certificates, fan club letters, press releases, additional art, etc.) are included in every copy of the book. That allowed us to add about 30 images in addition to the 192 pages, the 40-page reprint of TMNT #1, and the poster version of the cover (with the original background, not the blacked-out version from the book cover).

The red cover with the Turtles photoshopped onto dates back to fall 2012, when the book was called Radical Mutations. I like it, but when my publisher approved the budget for getting Ryan Brown, Kevin Eastman, and Ronda Pattison to do a new cover, that one was a no-brainer.

On the front cover, yes, that's the IDW-era Leonardo (and you can ask Kevin Eastman or Ryan Brown or me or my editor for confirmation). Two comic book Turtles, two animated Turtles. I'd originally pushed for the 4Kids Leonardo or the movie Leonardo, but the movie was off-limits and after a looooooong discussion, we decided to go with the IDW Leo. Someday I'll get around to doing a finished drawing of my original version of the cover, which would have included a lot more characters, with the movies, comics, cartoons, and video games all represented.

Book's starting to ship now, and should be in bookstores and comic shops on June 24. If you pre-ordered from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, you'll probably get your copy sooner. If you go to the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco tonight, you'll get it even sooner than that, plus you can get your copy signed by me, Ciro Nieli, Ken Mitchroney and other TMNT folks.

Thanks again for all of your support! So excited to finally see the book in the hands of TMNT fans!
Thanks so much for this book Andrew, it is SO good. Guys I can't recomend enough. GET IT!
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 01:18 PM   #194
Cheesebrush
Foot Soldier
 
Cheesebrush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 206
My copy is in the post - will hopefully arrive on Monday. Managed to find a copy even cheaper than expected: £17.55 postage paid from http://www.speedyhen.com
Cheesebrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:34 PM   #195
HotNunchuckFury
Foot Soldier
 
HotNunchuckFury's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 160
Ooh thanks! That's saved me a few quid. The IDW volumes are cheaper there too
HotNunchuckFury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 05:41 PM   #196
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
Book's starting to ship now, and should be in bookstores and comic shops on June 24. If you pre-ordered from Amazon or Barnes & Noble, you'll probably get your copy sooner. If you go to the Cartoon Art Museum in San Francisco tonight, you'll get it even sooner than that, plus you can get your copy signed by me, Ciro Nieli, Ken Mitchroney and other TMNT folks.

Thanks again for all of your support! So excited to finally see the book in the hands of TMNT fans!
What about those of us set to get one from the publisher? Have they made their way out yet?
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:24 PM   #197
discordiatookie
facehugger
 
discordiatookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland
Posts: 2,817
Just got a copy for my Father's Day present! My wife had made up a wee card saying that it doesn't ship until the 19th, only for it to arrive (unbeknownst to me) yesterday. Timing! Ordered from amazon...


__________________
Oh Discordia! Charyou Tree! Come, Reap!
Don't tell us to grow up and out of it
I got my cloak and dagger in a bar room brawl

You actually trying to read this tiny text? Damn, you're dedicated! This is all just for effect you know...

original TMNT art collection
discordiatookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 01:33 AM   #198
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by discordiatookie View Post
Just got a copy for my Father's Day present! My wife had made up a wee card saying that it doesn't ship until the 19th, only for it to arrive (unbeknownst to me) yesterday. Timing! Ordered from amazon...


http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ds/image-5.jpg
Yea I got mine from amazon, you are gonna love it! Nice pic and let me know what you think of the book.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 03:14 AM   #199
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
What about those of us set to get one from the publisher? Have they made their way out yet?
Should be going out soon. I think they just got a big shipment in from the printer.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 07:12 AM   #200
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,796
I plan on ordering two copies. Anyone know if this book will become a collector's item in time?

I plan on buying a second copy to leave away in a vault somewhere and sell it within 10 years time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.