The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 03:53 PM   #221
Chris
Mad Scientist
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: UK
Posts: 1,898
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheesebrush View Post
My copy is in the post - will hopefully arrive on Monday. Managed to find a copy even cheaper than expected: £17.55 postage paid from http://www.speedyhen.com
Thanks for this! It's £19.45 now but still cheaper than Amazon. Just ordered
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:59 AM   #222
Discogod
Resolutely Analogue.
 
Discogod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 1,707
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Thanks for this! It's £19.45 now but still cheaper than Amazon. Just ordered
Gah! I preorded from WH Smiths' ages ago, today I got an email telling me it's on it's way and will be ready to pick up in 10(!) days...
Discogod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:37 AM   #223
joefsas
Stone Warrior
 
joefsas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Dorset, uk
Posts: 690
I wish i could get mine pre-ordered
I feel so left out hahaha
__________________
WANTED: S.H.FIGUARTS LEONARDO BANDANA TAIL PIECE!
joefsas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #224
TheBlueTurtle1
Foot Elite
 
TheBlueTurtle1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 2,891
Quote:
Originally Posted by joefsas View Post
I wish i could get mine pre-ordered
I feel so left out hahaha
Order one on amazon, I got mine on Saturday.
__________________


http://jandmdev.deviantart.com/ (My Brother and I have a dev page, I am J, brother is M)
TheBlueTurtle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 09:53 AM   #225
Dawnatello Turtle Chick
Mad Scientist
 
Dawnatello Turtle Chick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mineral Wells, TX
Posts: 1,178
Finally got mine today (Amazon apologized profusely for perpetually late packages & gave me an extra month of Prime). This book is just about the best thing ever!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!! The amount of love, care and sheer amount of content that went into this book is amazing! It feels so personal as you read through it. Like it was prepared just for you because you're they're #1 fan. I love it! I think it would be hard for any turtle fan to not like it- there is literally something for everyone here.
__________________
These are here-->[IMG][/IMG]<---and here.
Dawnatello Turtle Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:08 AM   #226
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior
 
IamtheKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 701
How many pages are dedicated to the 2003 show?
__________________


IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #227
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Just curious, did Viacom have to give approval of this book before it went to print? I know they had to approve of the TMNT documentary.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:39 AM   #228
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
Answering the two most recent questions:

Between the 2003/4Kids show and Turtles Forever, the page count is pretty comparable to the coverage that the 1980s series gets in the book. I did long interviews with Lloyd Goldfine, Chuck Patton, Roy Burdine, and Peter Laird about the show and the movie, and got a lot of great material from them.

And yes, all of this was written with Viacom's cooperation and permission. They had to give the final thumbs up before the book went to print, but you'll be happy to know that they didn't make me change one word of it.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #229
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
And yes, all of this was written with Viacom's cooperation and permission. They had to give the final thumbs up before the book went to print, but you'll be happy to know that they didn't make me change one word of it.
Ah thanks for that. I'm also glad they didn't try to make you censor anything. I really love the way Viacom/Nick has handled the TMNT property since they purchase it from Mirage and they show a lot of respect to its fans and its history. TMNT couldn't have found a better home.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:42 PM   #230
sh3llshocked
Foot Soldier
 
sh3llshocked's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: McKinney, TX
Posts: 102
Just got my book today and...wow! What an amazing book this is.
sh3llshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 01:59 PM   #231
Andrew Farago
Official TMNT Staff/Cast
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: California
Posts: 102
And if you liked the book, please consider leaving a positive review on the Amazon page (even if you didn't buy it from Amazon).

Five-star reviews from diehard TMNT fans will offset the inevitable weird reviews from people who are upset that I didn't include a large pepperoni pizza and Vanilla Ice's phone number in the book.
Andrew Farago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 02:17 PM   #232
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
I got my book (including IDW vol 8 Northampton) yesterday from Amazon yesterday, it's amazing.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 04:35 PM   #233
TrickOrTreater
Samhain
 
TrickOrTreater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 3,277
I wasn't sure if I was going to get this but that flip through review video 100% convinced me. I'm definitely getting it now.

Really glad, though, to not see any of the new movie designs on the cover, as some kind of cheap ad.

But yeah, definitely a must get now.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy View Post
Some men use knives and guns, but TrickOrTreater is a more dangerous villain. He. Uses. The. TRUTH.
TrickOrTreater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:16 PM   #234
Green Machine
Hench Mutant
 
Green Machine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Farago View Post
And if you liked the book, please consider leaving a positive review on the Amazon page (even if you didn't buy it from Amazon).

Five-star reviews from diehard TMNT fans will offset the inevitable weird reviews from people who are upset that I didn't include a large pepperoni pizza and Vanilla Ice's phone number in the book.
Wait..what? It doesn't have the Ice man's phone number. Damnit, now I gotta cancel my order.

I finally ordered it from Amazon tonight. The positive feedback here pushed me over the edge.
Green Machine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:43 PM   #235
Ugagerman
Thug
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: California
Posts: 52
I received my book today from Amazon. Unfortunately, the book cover was damaged so I have to return it nowWhy does this always happen to me?!
Ugagerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #236
idreamofpins
Thug
 
idreamofpins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 65
I just got mine today and was blown away when I started flipping through it. I heard the interview with Andrew Farago on the "What The Shell" podcast and pre-ordered immediately. It's insane how much is packed into this book. I love it and hope everyone gets a copy.
idreamofpins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:30 PM   #237
mikey22
Stone Warrior
 
mikey22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: IL
Posts: 682
how can the technodrome forum thank andrew fargo in a special way

this book means a lot to me... pm me if we figure something out- i know buying the book already gives him something, but maybe we can all make a thank you card and sign it..

this really touched me and we should show our gratitude.
mikey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 08:37 PM   #238
Miles
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 80
I got my book from Amazon today, and though the content looks amazing, I have to say I'm disappointed in the hardcover itself. It's warped. For some reason, this seems to happen to me every time I pre-order a book that arrives shrinkwrapped. I love the shrinkwrap part, but I'm wondering if it's some kind of moisture thing or they just don't make books like they used to...

It's more like a 'Darkhorse Hardcover' than a 'Marvel Omnibus Hardcover'. Anyone else know what I'm talking about?

The content looks great, however. I can't wait to read it, though I'm contemplating on contacting Amazon for a replacement no matter how neurotic that makes me. Books are expensive, lol.
Miles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #239
LH
Leatherhead
 
LH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 1,705
Has anyone seen these in stores yet? I'm trying to decide whether to go out looking for one or order one online...
LH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:17 AM   #240
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I'd say stick with Amazon. Dunno how widely distributed this would be given it's a sort of niche item.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2 week ban 4 farago, farago to the bathroom, iceldrome pee patrol, looky loo in the loo, peepee poopoo, sick fans, ultimate visual history


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.