The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2014, 05:18 PM   #2681
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
Hey everyone,

just wanted to let you guys know that I reviewed Rahzar from the Nick TMNT line last night. He's really different, but the more played with him the more I like him. I don't have my vintage Rahzar anymore so I took some shots of with with my Super Shredder.http://www.thepicreview.com/2014/06/...hzar-from.html

Enjoy! And let's hope that someday he gets a Tokka to display next to him!
you forgot to say his bone feet are unpainted
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 05:33 PM   #2682
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by raphfan84 View Post
Do it lol! What part of NC you from? I know where I live there showing up! I scored them today! Hope you feel better by the way!
Thanks, man. I'm really tempted! I'm actually about an hour west of Charlotte.

And Ninturtle, you're right; I did miss those. They even show the on the back of the package painted, as well.
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:25 PM   #2683
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
Thanks, man. I'm really tempted! I'm actually about an hour west of Charlotte.

And Ninturtle, you're right; I did miss those. They even show the on the back of the package painted, as well.
I really hate how they hand paint proto types to make them look better . I want to see what ipm getting not a prettyed up version
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 06:44 PM   #2684
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by barbecue17 View Post
Thanks, man. I'm really tempted! I'm actually about an hour west of Charlotte.

And Ninturtle, you're right; I did miss those. They even show the on the back of the package painted, as well.

You would think they would have them down there being Charlotte is the biggest city in NC? But hopefully they will make it down there soon!
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #2685
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Raph in Disguise review



Edit: Sorry bout the video, it worked this morning
__________________

Last edited by The Turtle Terminator; 06-19-2014 at 03:45 AM.
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 12:35 AM   #2686
Spidergreg
Mad Scientist
 
Spidergreg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Raph in Disguise review

Fixed and thanks.
Spidergreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:12 AM   #2687
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
So in this video:



The reviewer says the 11" figures were $11.88!?!?!? Is that true?

Last edited by Zulithe; 06-19-2014 at 05:17 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 04:36 AM   #2688
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Yes. The 11" are closer to 12".
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:11 AM   #2689
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Suggested Retail Price is 8.99... lately, amazon prices them at 11.99 but occasionally they will have them discounted to less. i've seen some go to 6.99 or less, but 8.99 is more common.

the 11.99 is not a bad markup if you consider you didn't have to even leave your house and waste time/gas to look for one. I'm hoping they go in stock soon.
just noticed they have them on amazon but 29.00?
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:17 AM   #2690
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by go_ninja84 View Post
just noticed they have them on amazon but 29.00?
I see you are new to this whole amazon thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVD View Post
Yes. The 11" are closer to 12".
No, I'm talking about the price. he said he only paid $11.88 that sounds way too cheap
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:23 AM   #2691
DVD
Mad Scientist
 
DVD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
Hahaha!! Yeah. I paid £80 for the set of 4. Height wise.. Shredder is slightly taller than them, but he stands a head taller than the 11" range.
DVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 09:08 AM   #2692
barbecue17
Thug
 
barbecue17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: NC
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Turtle Terminator View Post
Raph in Disguise review



Edit: Sorry bout the video, it worked this morning
Cool review! BTW, it was Donatello who was the first turtle in disguise released in the vintage toyline!

I've always loved this concept though, particularly when Raphael traveled around like this in the first movie, so I'm really glad to have this guy available on toyshelves. I'll pick him up, despite his shortcomings.
__________________
Barbecue17- he's cool, but rude.

If you're interested in action figure reviews and general tomfoolery, check out my blog: Action Figure Barbecue

Check out my action figure pictures on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/barbecue17
barbecue17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 01:41 PM   #2693
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
I see you are new to this whole amazon thing.

No, I'm talking about the price. he said he only paid $11.88 that sounds way too cheap
The ones I bought at Walmart last night were $19.99 I believe.



I had to do this...Leo in disguise

__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #2694
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
got a pretty good haul today. picked up a couple extras too, anyone else notice Rahzar's clamshell card looks a little funny or is it just mine?

Last edited by go_ninja84; 10-20-2016 at 06:27 AM.
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 03:01 PM   #2695
MST3KFan
Hench Mutant
 
MST3KFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 485
I found the big display of TMNT stuff at Wal-Mart today. I found Rahzar and Newtrailizer still in the Nick TMNT side, but initially no Slash.

Given I own every incarnation of the four turtles from TMNT in toy form (Original toyline, Next Mutation, 2003, Fast Forward, 2007 movie, and Nick 2012), despite my not really being interested in the new movie and such, I still picked up one of each of the new movie turtles.

On my way to the cash registers, a Wal-Mart employee was going by and apparently noticed my hands full of TMNT figures and asked if I 'needed this guy', which was Slash. Thanked him, and bought everything.

Back on the movie toys, upon opening the new movie turtles, I'm still 'meh' about them. Typical lazy paintjobs by Playmates. Only Leonardo has a way to store his weapons, Donatello can't even hold his 'bo' with both hands due to lack of wrist swivels, and Mikey with one regular nunchuku that he can barely hold!?

They remind me almost of knockoffs to the Next Mutation TMNT figures, of which I also own and see so many similarities to in these guys. I winder if the people designing these new turtles were using that series as reference.
MST3KFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:57 PM   #2696
go_ninja84
Mad Scientist
 
go_ninja84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: st. clair MI
Posts: 2,242
im sorry i had to share this with my fellow turtle brothers lol
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Teenage-Muta...item233c087eac
go_ninja84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #2697
IamtheKnight
Stone Warrior
 
IamtheKnight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 701
I'm sorry if this had been asked before, but what is the dpci code for the 11 inch figures?
__________________


IamtheKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #2698
NYShell
Stone Warrior
 
NYShell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Long Island, NY - Dallas, TX
Posts: 581
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewizzle88 View Post
The ones I bought at Walmart last night were $19.99 I believe.



I had to do this...Leo in disguise

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/...psazyepjjd.jpg
Where did you get the movie van? Is that the one with the exclusive Leo? Know where I can get that from for the lowest price? (Not ebay or online)
__________________
"All fathers care for their sons."


** LOOKING FOR 2016 SIDESHOW COLLECTIBLES EXCLUSIVE TMNT STATUES (LEO, MIKE, RAPH) **
NYShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:00 PM   #2699
raphfan84
Stone Warrior
 
raphfan84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Winston-Salem NC.
Posts: 630
Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheKnight View Post
I'm sorry if this had been asked before, but what is the dpci code for the 11 inch figures?
I wouldn't even bother with Target, most Walmarts have all the movie toys now minus the Van and the turtle teen pack! Just trying to save you some trouble
__________________
raphfan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #2700
drewizzle88
Stone Warrior
 
drewizzle88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: SW Missouri
Posts: 573
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYShell View Post
Where did you get the movie van? Is that the one with the exclusive Leo? Know where I can get that from for the lowest price? (Not ebay or online)
Yes it is the one with the exclusive Leo, I honestly don't know where to get any more at I'm sorry. I paid for it but I had a hookup who was able to get 2 or 3.
__________________
drewizzle88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2014 tmnt figures


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.