The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 10:38 PM   #961
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stryker View Post
It's 'Ninja TURTLES'. Just them getting into a crazy situation all together. Brings back OT memories and I love it to death.

Screw Ninjutsu purity and all that jazz.




Ninjutsu is awesome..

IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:41 PM   #962
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
To be fair, I've always agreed that they need not have an overwhelming amount of "authentic ninja-ness" to get the story across. But they do seem to be a little more "generic super-hero-y" in this, so far. To me, it's less that the fights don't look "ninja" enough, but that the guys all look a little too strong.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #963
Leolead
Stone Warrior
 
Leolead's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Cali
Posts: 909
Did you guys notice april was in the scene when Raph says " Sensei!" you can see april's hands if you look closely, it makes that early trailer description from 4Chan, even more accurate.
__________________
Leolead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:57 PM   #964
Gimme_Three
Foot Soldier
 
Gimme_Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: maryland
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo656 View Post
Kind of over-simplifying my statements more than a little bit, but whatever, pal. I've stated, re-stated, and expanded upon my full opinions numerous times over the past year.

Two -TWO- comments in a day about a passing resemblance to Shrek, does not a "Haterade Parade" make.

I wish I had time to splice together every comment I ever made on this movie, going back a year, so you and others could see how slowly and gradually they lost me with this film project. Because I really was pretty wide open in the beginning. I had a gradual change of opinion, and it's all been excruciatingly documented in gloomy detail.

And as it is, I show up twice a month on average these days, so I think you cats should be able to handle a couple of days worth of dissent in between your endless cheerleading, no? I think so. There really is no issue here.
I've always respected your opinion guy because usually you have substance behind your statements. As of late I just feel like you've lost your soul and now your mission is to spam your displeasure as constant babbling and no logic.

LOL trust me I don't have time to dissect all your post either but that's why I simplified it to show you how far you have slipped. I'm well aware of your gradual fall into the depts. of "haterism" lol but I still believe you should be able to back what you have to say up and not be "that guy" someone who tries to bring down others excitement just because you've lost your "interest" in the film.

There really is no issue, I just like to debate and engage in "intelligent" conversation.. nothing personal at all.
Gimme_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:01 PM   #965
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Full disclosure without getting too personal? My wife is sick and the entire day's been a wreck. Sorry if I don't have the high heat on my fastball today. Normally, I have the benefit of posting drunk, but today, I'm merely sleep-deprived. I guess it shows more than I thought it would.

I promise, going forward, I'll try and fulfill my drunk-posting obligations to their fullest potential. Thanks for understanding.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:16 PM   #966
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme_Three View Post
I've always respected your opinion guy because usually you have substance behind your statements. As of late I just feel like you've lost your soul and now your mission is to spam your displeasure as constant babbling and no logic.

LOL trust me I don't have time to dissect all your post either but that's why I simplified it to show you how far you have slipped. I'm well aware of your gradual fall into the depts. of "haterism" lol but I still believe you should be able to back what you have to say up and not be "that guy" someone who tries to bring down others excitement just because you've lost your "interest" in the film.

There really is no issue, I just like to debate and engage in "intelligent" conversation.. nothing personal at all.
Holy hell. A person voicing their distaste for this film is not trolling, attacking others, raining on any parades, or otherwise making an effort to shame others or their opinions by stating their own! Jesus CHRIST. Is nobody allowed to feel differently in modern society? Everything has to be some bullcrap happy happy happy facade & if you let your real feelings show you're a piece of garbage who wants to ruin other peoples' day? I bet you say the same thing about those commercials on TV that show kids dying of starvation while you eat your whopper & fries. The world ain't all sunshine & roses, kid. Things have been getting better around here, as folks were finally starting to grasp that if they let one another say what they want, so long as they didn't bring one another up, things would go smoothly. & now you wanna start this whole "YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE SO F**K YOU" campaign in 3 different threads?

STOP IT
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:30 PM   #967
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Uhhh... I'm just gonna leave this here and go have me a coffee cake right quick... ahem...

Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:57 PM   #968
CowabungaMikey
Stone Warrior
 
CowabungaMikey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 661
This was a FANTASTIC trailer. Talking Turtles and probably Oroku Saki. I love it!
__________________


Cowabunga says it all!
CowabungaMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:31 AM   #969
Gimme_Three
Foot Soldier
 
Gimme_Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: maryland
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Holy hell. A person voicing their distaste for this film is not trolling, attacking others, raining on any parades, or otherwise making an effort to shame others or their opinions by stating their own! Jesus CHRIST. Is nobody allowed to feel differently in modern society? Everything has to be some bullcrap happy happy happy facade & if you let your real feelings show you're a piece of garbage who wants to ruin other peoples' day? I bet you say the same thing about those commercials on TV that show kids dying of starvation while you eat your whopper & fries. The world ain't all sunshine & roses, kid. Things have been getting better around here, as folks were finally starting to grasp that if they let one another say what they want, so long as they didn't bring one another up, things would go smoothly. & now you wanna start this whole "YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I LIKE SO F**K YOU" campaign in 3 different threads?

STOP IT
Powder did you read my post? Did I attack him? Did I call him a troll? calm down son. when people have a difference of opinion I like to know why. I've made my points and he didn't retort or explain why he said what he said.

I felt like I wasn't being disrespectful, while disagreeing with his statements or views and leaving it open for debate. Not a big fan of people talking out of their neck so I just wanted to get a grasp of his perspective I meant no disrespect.

Oh and you don't know me and I don't know you so I would appreciate it if you came at me correct. That's the problem with modern society people talk **** just to talk it. All I'm asking for is an explanation to back up opinion. That's how I was brought up you say something back it up. On here I feel like some people just run their mouth for no reason, and I've seen you lash out at people for doing so.
Gimme_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:37 AM   #970
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
Guys, guys, guys, it's okaaaay. Come on, relaaaaaax. Whether we're excited for the movie or pissed off about it, we should be able to give and take a little light-hearted razzmatazz without it getting hyper. And I mean eeeeveryone. "You're being verrry un-dude..."

I mean... can't we just all agree that it won't be as good as "Mallrats"? Can't we just hold onto THAT, at least? I feel like my heart has a tummy ache.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:42 AM   #971
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546


If we all can't get along, I'm going to have to make you watch Next Mutation reruns until you can find some common ground.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:45 AM   #972
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
You can't threaten me, I was front row for Coming Out Of Their Shells at Six Flags. I've already seen the worst. Venus and that stupid monkey don't scare me.

By the way... HOW GREAT was that album??? Eh? EHHHHHHH?!
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 AM   #973
nimajneb
Stone Warrior
 
nimajneb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: South Croydon
Posts: 547
Absolutely loved the new trailer, i feel it really gave substance to the heroes in a half shell.
still not a lot of Donnie
Liked the fact they were ripping each other, great move.
__________________
[SIZE="2"]

MICHELANGELO
I hear his bike turns into a plane, or like a jet pack. Hey Don, you're so smart, why don't we have jet packs?
DONATELLO
Yeah, that's good, Mikey. I don't even trust you with a driver's license.
[/
nimajneb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:14 AM   #974
Eiko
Aussie and Proud
 
Eiko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Foot HQ Australia
Posts: 1,816
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimajneb View Post
Absolutely loved the new trailer, i feel it really gave substance to the heroes in a half shell.
still not a lot of Donnie
You noticed it to huh I really hope that Don has a part to play in this movie and not in the background again.
__________________
Eiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:35 AM   #975
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
You noticed it to huh I really hope that Don has a part to play in this movie and not in the background again.
Anytime something needs to be explained, he'll speak up.

At one point he'll probably lose his glasses during a very tense moment, cause hey that's what people with glasses do right?
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:36 AM   #976
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiko View Post
You noticed it to huh I really hope that Don has a part to play in this movie and not in the background again.
I'd have to think he'll get some good moments as the gadget guy - I mean, he had that massive rack of bo staffs... I'm sure they all do different stuff so we'll see him pulling a few tricks out of his hat.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:44 AM   #977
TheJ-manTurtleMan
Stone Warrior
 
TheJ-manTurtleMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California
Posts: 646
In regards to their voices in the beginning of the trailer, I was a little put off by how they sounded as well, but i'm pretty sure thats not the actual dialogue from that specific scene. When Raph says "Like shadows in the night" and "This is our city!" To me it sounds like he's using his "Batman voice" as Mikey puts it, which is why he sounds a bit different and difficult to tell them apart. This also leads me to believe that that line is spoken earlier, perhaps in the lair when they are gearing up and Raph is getting pumped or something and goes into his "batman voice" and Mikey chimes in with his quip.

I'm also sure that Leo's line "Knock it off Raph" is not spoken there either but somewhere else in the movie. I know the people that make the trailers sometimes like to do that; juxtapose dialogue into different scenes just for the sake of a cool trailer.

The Trailer was AWESOME by the way!
__________________
Hey Man! It's The J-Man!

"I love a little hot sauce on my pizza! I love a little hot sauce yes I dooo!"
TheJ-manTurtleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:49 AM   #978
DioLeo451
Hench Mutant
 
DioLeo451's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 492
Mikey.jpg
Please tell me this is the final rendering for Mikey? because this looks perfect idk why they would change it
DioLeo451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:05 AM   #979
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTron View Post
In regards to their voices in the beginning of the trailer, I was a little put off by how they sounded as well, but i'm pretty sure thats not the actual dialogue from that specific scene. When Raph says "Like shadows in the night" and "This is our city!" To me it sounds like he's using his "Batman voice" as Mikey puts it, which is why he sounds a bit different and difficult to tell them apart. This also leads me to believe that that line is spoken earlier, perhaps in the lair when they are gearing up and Raph is getting pumped or something and goes into his "batman voice" and Mikey chimes in with his quip.

I'm also sure that Leo's line "Knock it off Raph" is not spoken there either but somewhere else in the movie. I know the people that make the trailers sometimes like to do that; juxtapose dialogue into different scenes just for the sake of a cool trailer.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what they've done. I mean, the "that's stupid - they're ninja's" line was chopped for brevity in the previous tv spot, whereas we saw it in its entirely here - and hearing the whole dialogue exchange made it sound better than we had previously thought. IMO.

Gotta say though, they would've done better to just keep Fox only interacting with the Turtles. Putting her across from people who can actually make facial expressions is, to me, just going to highlight Fox's lack of emotion. Particularly with Whoopi, who is a comedic actor and who we can be pretty sure is going to serve up some larger than life delivery for the sake of comedy. I feel like if we'd just had her acting across from the mocap actors... y'know, you could almost (almost) cut her a bit of slack on the grounds of it's a bit of a taller task to deliver a realistic performance when huge amounts of SFX are involved. I mean, even Natalie Portman was wooden in the prequels and we know she's not a bad actor in the right environment.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 04:10 AM   #980
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
probobly off topic

But does anyone have a link to that orgin description that was released by an inside source where he was talking about the turtles being lab expierments and how they marked the turtles shells to tell them apart then went on to say thats where the diff colored mask came from.....I would really like to re read it now that we can see this is most likely true, with the markings thats clearly on their backs....any helpwould be appriciated....thanx in advance....
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, trailer


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.