The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #141
GeneralTragg
Foot Soldier
 
GeneralTragg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 129
I don't know if it's just because there weren't any horrible surprises this time, like: what the turtles look like, but this trailer wasn't as soul crushingly depressing as the first one (lets face it, the subsequent two were basically the same trailer.)

I thought the turtles looked really fake though, the dubstep was irritating, and I'm confused as to why they would go through all the rigmarole of pissing people off with white washing Shredder if that was indeed Oroku Saki in the trailer...

I guess in away it has changed my opinion, this film might be bearable, I'm still not going to see it in the cinema, but I might pick it up of the bargain rack some when down the line...
__________________
Let's log into the Platinum Dunes Forum and see what the latest atrocity is...
GeneralTragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:38 PM   #142
BoxxHarry
Mouser
 
BoxxHarry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Sweden
Posts: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
No the Skrillex song didn't turn me away from the franchise, are you kidding me. It set the tone for the movie, if they have Michael Bay directing, and Skrillex as the music bed, it's a cash grab.
As much as I love Reptile's Theme, it was pretty ill-fitting and an obvious marketing ploy for the tweens (like putting Michael Bay's name everywhere instead of the director's). It works for Mortal Kombat, but I've never associated TMNT with dubstep. Hopefully it's just an insert song for the trailer and nothing that mirrors the movie's actual soundtrack.
__________________
BoxxHarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:41 PM   #143
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxHarry View Post
As much as I love Reptile's Theme, it was pretty ill-fitting and an obvious marketing ploy for the tweens (like putting Michael Bay's name everywhere instead of the director's). It works for Mortal Kombat, but I've never associated TMNT with dubstep. Hopefully it's just an insert song for the trailer and nothing that mirrors the movie's actual soundtrack.
maybe this is just my experience, but very rarely do I notice a song used in a trailer, used for the actual film itself.

I CANNOT wait to hear the new orchestral TMNT composed by Brian Tyler.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #144
TurtleTitan97
Space Cowboy
 
TurtleTitan97's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Speed Force
Posts: 7,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
bro...you know that MONSTERMASH helped design the Turtles right?

im not taking sides (cause really, I could not less care what either side thinks, Im going to see this movie), but I can only imagine what he thinks of the comments made on these boards daily, when he and others poured their time, and creativity into this film.

I say this in response to your last statement that I quoted above.
Wait, he did?

Well, if that's true, no offense to him. But personally, I feel the TMNT could have been designed better, in a traditional sense. Something like the Out of the Shadows designs would have been great. But that's just me.
__________________



TurtleTitan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:52 PM   #145
Radical Raph
Stone Warrior
 
Radical Raph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 702
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTChris1980 View Post
I'm not confirming to myself, that's why I posted on the forum. I know k=no one is forcing me to see the movie, it just sucks that I waited 5+ years for this movie, and was let down by the final product. Originally it was supposed to be much darker.

No the Skrillex song didn't turn me away from the franchise, are you kidding me. It set the tone for the movie, if they have Michael Bay directing, and Skrillex as the music bed, it's a cash grab.

How is this movie about the TMNT, Shredder is white and a completely different (bad) design, the turtles are enormous and have way too much gear on, the original title removed Teenage and Mutant from the title, a new origin story, I could go on for hours. When you're sitting in the theater and realize that they could've made the same movie without slapping the name "TMNT" on it a la Battleship, then you'll see my point.
From what we know so far, it seems that Shredder is not white and could, in fact, be Oroku Saki. This story seems to have a lot in common with the comic and movie versions just with a new aesthetic. So, no, I don't think it will feel like a completely different movie with the TMNT in name only. Even the turtles' individual personalities feel very intact.
__________________
"Less rahk n' row, boys!" -Leuhnardoh

Radical Raph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:53 PM   #146
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Just made me want to see it even more. Can't wait for this looking real good!
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 01:55 PM   #147
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleTitan97 View Post
Wait, he did?

Well, if that's true, no offense to him. But personally, I feel the TMNT could have been designed better, in a traditional sense. Something like the Out of the Shadows designs would have been great. But that's just me.
yup.

now granted its all a matter of personal preference, and Im sure he's heard it from every side.

i for one, like the designs, but would love to see ALL the concepts they didnt go with too.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #148
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
maybe this is just my experience, but very rarely do I notice a song used in a trailer, used for the actual film itself.
Same here. I honestly think not even a handful stood out. One would be the Dwarf song in The Hobbit AUJ (which was hard to miss) and fitting enough, the beginning song from the Texas Chainsaw remake "This Mortal Coil" and Surface of the Sun used in X-Men DOFP (only because it's one of my favorite instrumentals of all time)
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:17 PM   #149
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
bro...you know that MONSTERMASH helped design the Turtles right?

im not taking sides (cause really, I could not less care what either side thinks, Im going to see this movie), but I can only imagine what he thinks of the comments made on these boards daily, when he and others poured their time, and creativity into this film.
I mean... part of being a professional means you have to be able to deal with criticism. Especially for creative/media stuff. It's just part of the job. I'm sure he's/she's fine.
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:24 PM   #150
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bry View Post
I mean... part of being a professional means you have to be able to deal with criticism. Especially for creative/media stuff. It's just part of the job. I'm sure he's/she's fine.
true, i was simply addressing the fact that the other poster was making a comment like "just wait till you see it...", and im just thinking, he doesn't need to see, he been intimately involved with production.

but its all gravy. im sure we all just wanna drop this by now.

we are all grown, nobody here needs defending.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:32 PM   #151
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT is cooler than MOTU View Post
Adults tend to prefer real instruments.
Pretentious much?
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 03:44 PM   #152
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I don't really know enough about the actual rules of martial arts to be able to factually say "this isn't ninjitsu, that isn't ninjitsu", so everything I say should be taken with that in mind when I talk about the lack of ninja action. What I will say is that my perception is that this movie is taking liberties in a far more overt manner than we've really seen before. It's not that we've never had Turtles action where nobody ever got tossed - but I think other incarnations probably paid a bit more lip service to the ninja "spirit".)
Well, there is several ways to go about "Ninjutsu", there's the modern martial arts that is called "ninjutsu", there is several (bs) schools that teach what they convey is "ninjutsu", then there is the pop-culture "ninjutsu", which is what we usually see in movies, cartoons and comic books. And then there is what is actually in the scrolls containing actual Shinobi-no-jutsu techniques, like acting, reconnaissance, infiltration, survival skills, poison brewing, rope climbing, guerrilla techniques, breaking an entry. etc.

Calling Ninjutsu, or Shinobi-no-Jutsu for a martial art in the same manner as Ju-Jutsu, karate etc, is like calling a KGB sleeper agent during the cold war a soldier.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:54 PM   #153
PizzaPower1985
Stone Warrior
 
PizzaPower1985's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: United States
Posts: 947
This new trailer has me a little excited whereas before I was planning on seeing it, but had no real excitement for it.
PizzaPower1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 06:57 PM   #154
FoxBoxKid
Foot Soldier
 
FoxBoxKid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
The trailer made the movie seem like its for dudebro's and hipsters. I can't see any kids liking the movie and us hardcore fans will be turned off.

But I'm sure the casual dudebro's will like it, they're the same people who buy Call of Duty every year after all.
You know, I have a friend who's in the market for a high horse, and I'm wondering, where did you get yours? I, for one, am tentatively looking forward to the new movie, and I've been a hardcore TMNT fan since I was six. And how can it be for hipsters and dudebros? I think they'd be mutually exclusive.
__________________
cow·a·bun·gler
/ˌkou-əˈbəNG(ə)lər/
noun informal
a person who enjoys the 1980s animated series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, but erroneously believes that no other incarnation of the franchise can possibly compare to the cherished cartoon of their childhood, often expressing their opinion in an obnoxious manner.
Example:
"Cowabunglers and their absurd narrow-mindedness regarding Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles really get on my nerves."
FoxBoxKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:05 PM   #155
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
^ Tehe..."Where'd you get your high horse?" Well played...

Now for a out of left field question: Does this part of the trailer make anyone else wonder how the weapons are floating away?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #156
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Now for a out of left field question: Does this part of the trailer make anyone else wonder how the weapons are floating away?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/40591df6...foijo1_400.gif
Now that you point it out... o.O That's some awkward weapon grabbing if hands are staying out a frame. lol
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:08 PM   #157
Turo602
The King of Kings
 
Turo602's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Chicago Illinois
Posts: 2,931
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Now for a out of left field question: Does this part of the trailer make anyone else wonder how the weapons are floating away?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/40591df6...foijo1_400.gif
Well, they already have super strength and unbelievable reflexes, so why not telekinesis?
__________________
Turo602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #158
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turo602 View Post
Well, they already have super strength and unbelievable reflexes, so why not telekinesis?
Oh oh - or magnets implanted into their palms. Helps you not lose your weapons.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #159
TMNTChris1980
Stone Warrior
 
TMNTChris1980's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 605
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
bro...you know that MONSTERMASH helped design the Turtles right?

im not taking sides (cause really, I could not less care what either side thinks, Im going to see this movie), but I can only imagine what he thinks of the comments made on these boards daily, when he and others poured their time, and creativity into this film.

I say this in response to your last statement that I quoted above.
If he gets offended by my comment I'm sorry it wasn't my intention to hurt anybody's feelings, but it's my opinion. If a creator/artist is on the forums, then they shouldn't be surprised by comments, it happens to everyone. This thread was asking did the trailer change my mind..... and like I said, I could get used to the Turtles, but I think they're too big, and have too much gear....you can re-read my thoughts on Shredder too.

I'm always conscious of what I say on here not to offend anyone. But like I've said, I have waited years for this movie, and I'm not excited for it anymore. Every thread has someone who doesn't dig that particular incarnation of the Turtles, and that's fine.

I can't say this enough, the Foot Soldiers look like regular soldiers, Shredder's white (and has a robotic look to him), the Turtles are HUGE (I completely agree with Bry, no tension in something you know can't be beaten). Now, if the reviews come out, and they're good, and people I trust on the forums say it's good, and the plot is true to the TMNT roots, then I will eat my words. But again, my expectations are pretty low at this point.
TMNTChris1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 07:12 PM   #160
Bry
So Long, Stinktown!
 
Bry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 3,463
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
^ Tehe..."Where'd you get your high horse?" Well played...

Now for a out of left field question: Does this part of the trailer make anyone else wonder how the weapons are floating away?
https://38.media.tumblr.com/40591df6...foijo1_400.gif
Aw man, this movie has ninja turtles and ghosts!? What an age we are living in
__________________
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.