The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2014, 10:45 AM   #1021
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
And I thought making Shredder'14 even more uglier was a hard task...
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #1022
pdizzle
Stone Warrior
 
pdizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: east coast, usa
Posts: 529
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
Is this fan art or something for promotion?
pdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:24 AM   #1023
Gimme_Three
Foot Soldier
 
Gimme_Three's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: maryland
Posts: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSkeletonMan939 View Post
It's pretty sad that a few fans with some free time can come up with some posters that are infinitely better than the studio's.

Awesome work, d_osborn and Powder.


Haaa!! i can imagine if they came out with a poster similar to what powder made i can see you saying something like.... This doesnt make any sense how can four hulk turtles fit in that manhole like that. or this marketing team is terrible why can't they come up with something original.


On the other hand i agree nice job powder.
Gimme_Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 11:25 AM   #1024
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Not sure. The logo is above his head so it could be from Paramount.
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:14 PM   #1025
#MechaFresh
Thug
 
#MechaFresh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Dallas, TX
Posts: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by d_osborn View Post
I just posted this in the fan art forum, but what the hell. I had some spare time this afternoon.

http://i.imgur.com/lnLF8A9.jpg
Magnifi-co!
__________________
Raphael: Ninja Dry Cleaners?

Leonardo: Ninja Shoe Repair?

April: Ninja Video Rentals?

Donatello: Ninja Dentist? Ow!

#MechaFresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 01:44 PM   #1026
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Here's the official Character Video, Its the same footage from the motion Posters, But a look at the footage.

__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:01 PM   #1027
TheSkeletonMan939
A New Day, A New Headache
 
TheSkeletonMan939's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Over there
Posts: 3,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme_Three View Post
Haaa!! i can imagine if they came out with a poster similar to what powder made i can see you saying something like.... This doesnt make any sense how can four hulk turtles fit in that manhole like that. or this marketing team is terrible why can't they come up with something original.


On the other hand i agree nice job powder.
Film posters shouldn't be taken literally, which means I don't give a damn if in the real film they wouldn't all be able to fit in there. As long as it makes for an exciting poster, I'm all for it. And as for the "something original" remark - I think it'd be genius if the marketing team tried to emulate the older material with their posters and stuff. It'd certainly get me more interested in the film, because I'd feel like they would have actually done some research on the franchise instead of getting clip art of a soccer ball and putting the Ninja Turtles logo next to it.

The newer posters - like the one of Leo - have been pretty good, though, so maybe they can still surprise me with something great.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
IDW took the OT straw and spun it into gold, while Platinum Dunes took the OT straw and spun it into manure.
TheSkeletonMan939 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:13 PM   #1028
fridaynightdestination
Banned
 
fridaynightdestination's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Michigan
Posts: 553
Ok, so I was gone for a few days, vacation, did I miss anything marketing wise? (someone with a signature gif of good quality footage of the 59 second teaser makes me think so)
fridaynightdestination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #1029
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by fridaynightdestination View Post
Ok, so I was gone for a few days, vacation, did I miss anything marketing wise? (someone with a signature gif of good quality footage of the 59 second teaser makes me think so)
Yes.
You've missed a lot of TV spots. Well, 3.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 10:47 PM   #1030
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
There was a X-Games promo a while back where they had some good looking ladies in basically black shirts and black hats with the movie logo on them. I can't seem to find that photo anywhere. I could have swore I was looking at it just the other day, but I guess I was dreaming. Anyway, I'd love to have one of those black hats with the logo on it....I wonder if they will be released at places like Hot Topic and Spencer's
__________________
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:31 AM   #1031
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
I saw a new TV spot on Nick at Night last night. Showed some new footage of the turtle van and the guys themselves. It was like "The leader" (showed some Leo footage) then "The something" for both Don and Raph (can't remember) and then "And Mikey" as it shows him crashing the turtle van, then coming out of the top to say "sorry...still learning the buttons" to April and I'm assuming Vernon. THere was also a shot of them under a collapsing...building (?) with Leo saying "Donnie, what are the chances of us surviving?" and then Don said "0.00003 percent!". Sorry I can't remember everything, it was at like 1:30 am.

Last edited by Donatello19; 07-14-2014 at 10:45 AM.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 10:41 AM   #1032
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
Here's the official Character Video, Its the same footage from the motion Posters, But a look at the footage.



same vid - extracted directly from here, just minus the 'MMTRAILERS' watermark
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 11:07 AM   #1033
jezza
Foot Soldier
 
jezza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post


same vid - extracted directly from here, just minus the 'MMTRAILERS' watermark
They've removed Donnie's "bad ass" line
__________________

"You fight as brothers"
jezza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:25 PM   #1034
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by jezza View Post
They've removed Donnie's "bad ass" line
unfortunately, a couple of scenes (Mikey punching a Foot in the face) was removed as well. I mean, they change/swap scenes from trailers all the time, but its still bummers to me.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #1035
SwiftNinjaFox
Stone Warrior
 
SwiftNinjaFox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Texas
Posts: 924
Graphic, any chance of getting some stills from your sig gif frame by frame?

I'm trying to get a better look at Shredder. Definitely looks different than the main ones shown in the trailers to me. Looks almost more....traditional Shredder on the helmet.
__________________
Ninja Fox Games & Geekery: http://ninjafoxgames..com/
SwiftNinjaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 01:45 PM   #1036
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwiftNinjaFox View Post
Graphic, any chance of getting some stills from your sig gif frame by frame?

I'm trying to get a better look at Shredder. Definitely looks different than the main ones shown in the trailers to me. Looks almost more....traditional Shredder on the helmet.
I'm at the office right now, so my resources are limited. i'll give a shot when I get home. please pm me to remind me, i have a terrible memory.
__________________
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #1037
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:10 PM   #1038
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743


__________________

Last edited by MastahShredder; 07-14-2014 at 05:17 PM.
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:18 PM   #1039
chrisdude
Foot Elite
 
chrisdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,708
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
SHUT UP!

Where is that?!
chrisdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #1040
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Can't front, the subway cars are fresh! That's how you do it.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.