The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2014, 08:44 AM   #481
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Was there any information on what is supposed to happen with Mutagen Man? Sorry if it has been posted already.
Yes, Donnie acknowledges MM before leaving the lair
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #482
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon_Talbain View Post
Was there any information on what is supposed to happen with Mutagen Man? Sorry if it has been posted already.
Donnie says he'll be back, but if not, he should defrost in 70 years. He says he hopes the world will be a better place by then
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #483
Jon_Talbain
Foot Soldier
 
Jon_Talbain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 165
I did see that part in "The Invasion", but I thought it was still pretty dark since Timothy is still stuck like that. Even though he brought it on himself, I had hoped Timothy would have a better fate.
__________________


A wolf....wandering through the dark....
Jon_Talbain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 09:50 AM   #484
Chinibio
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed-Outtaluck View Post
IF THERE WAS ANYTHING MORE ACCURATE SUBMITTED IN THIS FORM TELL ME NOW BECAUSE THIS IS IT.

I ADORE the brotherly aspect in this show. I soak up every second of turtle interaction because I always thought the best thing about TMNT was the sense of family it has. Really, really strong family bonds. I mean, they're only had each other for 15 straight years. The love for your family its what's most important to them and I dig that so much.

I honestly don't care so much about WHAT they are doing as long as they do it together. There could be an episode of them going on a picnic and as long as they are hangin like bros I would be happy.
Well i think you just put it better, with that picnic comment
When I first started watching this show it was because I loved the little weird family of theirs. And their brotherly love was portrayed so perfectly. Whatever happen it always comes back to that they are family, which sticks together. It's just a bonus to have your favorite character shine every once in a while.
Chinibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:30 AM   #485
Tiekarin
Mouser
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Germany
Posts: 6
I totally agree!
In Avatar, they had this one episode in season 2, "The Tales of Ba Sing Se", where they just showed the characters interact, bond and have a nice day together. I'd love to see an episode like that in TMNT.
Tiekarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #486
Jinxed-Outtaluck
Random Punk
 
Jinxed-Outtaluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 32
The Tales of Ba Sing Se are legendary! Love them

I'm really hoping for alot of flashbacks with younger turtles in season 3. It would really help with the healing process and getting closure so the team will be that much stronger when they eventually go back to New York.
Jinxed-Outtaluck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 10:44 AM   #487
MrTMNT2012
Mad Scientist
 
MrTMNT2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,512
This show really needs a Tales of Ba Sing Se-type episode!

Hopefully without that tearjerker ending...
__________________

Fav Quote - 87 Leo: "TURTLES FIGHT WITH HONOUR!"
Fav Series - 2012 Nickelodeon
Fav Game - Out of the Shadows
Fav Comic - IDW Series
Fav Movie - Liebesman's TMNT (2014)
MrTMNT2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:01 AM   #488
Chinibio
Random Punk
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 17
If anything, the brothers are truly Brave soldier boys.
Chinibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #489
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by coxfire View Post

Basically, I feel like the team couldn't function without Don or Leo, but they could do without Mikey and Raph at any moment. I don't feel like I have seen anything showing me that they were essential to the team.


Raphael is a character that is difficult for me to like in this version, at least from what I have seen so far. Yes, he was featured in Turtle Temper, S&D and Newtralized, but each time he was portrayed as the one in the wrong (even in Plan 10 when Splinter says that it is his impatience who led to him being switched with a Kraang). Him "solving" the problem in the end doesn't matter, since he is the one creating the problem. He is mostly portrayed as a dumb jock who can't see the big picture and yells at every turn. I read all over the boards that he is supposed to be the family protector, but nothing factually showed me that. Leo is, not Raph. To sum up, he isn't the best tactician, isn't the best fighter, isn't the most intelligent and isn't the most empathic. There is not much to like here.

Exactly. I'll repeat, all of this that you wrote is Exactly what I was talking about, and exactly what I meant. You hit the nail on the head, thus why I've been increasingly more and more frustrated.

I too have never seen that 'family protector' that folks here have kept saying, at least not on this show. And like you said, Leo has shown more to be the 'family protector' (like when he sacrificed himself for his family not once but Twice on the first season finale), not Raphael. And again, the trouble/problem in the episodes that he 'stars in' is usually because he/himself Caused it.

It's like his function is 'This is the Turtle that will Likely get Everyone Killed One Day.'

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 09-26-2014 at 11:56 AM.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:18 PM   #490
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
That's right. Donnie has his issued with Karai and he did show some uncertainty about bringing Karai to the lair. But he still sided with Leo in the issue.

And in Enemy of my Enemy, Donnie does state it's too bad they couldn't trust Karai, because it would have been good to have an expert Kunoichi on their side.

Perhaps as someone who April can learn from and have as another friend who happened to be a girl. Perhaps they may still go that route.
I'm pretty sure the relationship between Karai, April and Donatello are going to be restrained a bit, all due to Karai trying to kill April before and Donnie stepping in once to protect her. I loved that, as skilled and dangerous as Karai is, even she couldn't stop Donnie when he's in defensive mode over April!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #491
Mona_Lisa
Stone Warrior
 
Mona_Lisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 516
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
Exactly. I'll repeat, all of this that you wrote is Exactly what I was talking about, and exactly what I meant. You hit the nail on the head, thus why I've been increasingly more and more frustrated.

I too have never seen that 'family protector' that folks here have kept saying, at least not on this show. And like you said, Leo has shown more to be the 'family protector' (like when he sacrificed himself for his family not once but Twice on the first season finale), not Raphael. And again, the trouble/problem in the episodes that he 'stars in' is usually because he/himself Caused it.

It's like his function is 'This is the Turtle that will Likely get Everyone Killed One Day.'
In season one during lots of the action scenes, we saw Raph catch a flying brother. Block a weapon or punch... and push his brothers out of harms way. And even though he was not the main focus of the pot. And most of the time the guy never even hardly spoke! He always shined during those times to me. But that doesn't happen very much any more
__________________
Mona_Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:41 PM   #492
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
So no new ep this week online?
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:50 PM   #493
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier
 
Midnight Mutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post

I too have never seen that 'family protector' that folks here have kept saying, at least not on this show. And like you said, Leo has shown more to be the 'family protector' (like when he sacrificed himself for his family not once but Twice on the first season finale), not Raphael. And again, the trouble/problem in the episodes that he 'stars in' is usually because he/himself Caused it.
The whole episode of Slash and Destroy he was fighting his bestfriend/pet to protect his brothers.
He catches Leo with his body when he gets thrown back when they were fighting Bradford and Xever.
He blocked the Shredder from hitting Donnie
He puts his arm out to stop Mikey from running into a motion laser.
He covers Mikey's mouth to stop his scream, and pulls his sai out when they think he ran into a Kraang.
When rescuing Karai and Mikey's arm was hurt and they were surrounded he was holding him with one arm and pointing his sai at the threat
He caught Leo from falling from the building

Those are just a few I can think of off the top of my head. Leo did it a different way, but his are usually not just for his family, but for the fate of the world. The sacrifices I mean.
They both show it in different ways, Raph's is just more subtle. He probably wouldn't sacrifice himself like Leo did a few times because honestly, Raph isn't that brave. I don't mean warrior brave, I mean end your own life brave.
I think he WOULD if he absolutely had to, but it's been established he's a lot more afraid and emotional than Leo is.
__________________
Midnight Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #494
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So no new ep this week online?
Still too early yet, won't know for another 4/5 hours.
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.

Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #495
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
This^

I think all you Raphael fans just need to have a little more patience, as what Cori has alluded to in season 3, with Ralph's shell and all, sounds sooooo promising for him.
What? Considering the circumstances, us Raphael fans have been patient. Whoopie fu@#$%^&ing do, he got to shine in about 350, maybe 400 minutes worth of movies, vs about 9200 minutes of TV shows over the span of 27 years.
And I'm pretty sure the math is accurate.

1987 series- 193 (23 minute, roughly) episodes.

2k3-155 (23 minute) episodes.

2012 - 52 (23 minute) episodes.

193+155+52 = 400 episodes. I would say, over the course, maybe about 100 episodes total from all three series was Raphael heavy, so I knock that down to 300 episodes. 300 X 23 minutes = 6900 minutes of shows.

Episodes with Raph (just a guestimate here)
100 x 23 minutes 2300 minutes.

Movies
95 minutes X 4 movies = 380 minutes (and Raphael was not the main character in all of them, Donnie was the main character in SOTO, Mikey in the third, and Raph shared screen time with Leo in TMNT 2007, and Mikey in TMNT 2012.

Raph dominates in about 2680 minutes worth of media, but Leonardo has dominated in 2k3 and shares 2012 (4761 minutes) Donnie shares domination with 80's and 2012 (5600 worth of minutes) and Mikey was mostly dominant in 80's and shared dominant in 2k3 with Leo (7000 minutes) Geesh, no wonder why Raphael fans are feeling left out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxed-Outtaluck View Post
Wait, are we going to get the backstory to the chip on his chest?
It's not just the chip on Raph's plastron, it lines right up with the crack on his shell too, just over his shoulder.


Last edited by Warhorse; 09-26-2014 at 01:03 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #496
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier
 
Midnight Mutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
Anyway, I'm pretty stoked about going into season 3. I love how it's getting progressively darker and more serious, but still manages to keep that really light hearted feel to it. I mean, they really know how to balance that.

I'm hoping for a lot of promising characters in S3, after the whole Irma thing...I don't know what to expect anymore. Tho, I do think Irma is real and the Kraang imitated her. Maybe we'll re-meet her and kind of have a fresh start.
I'm very excited to see the rivalry between Splinter and Shredder since they have built up so much crap between them.

About the clip:
So, I'm a little sad that they revealed Seth's voice so soon and that Leo is back in commission (sort of) so soon. I knew it would happen tho. Nick and all. My god the scenery is beautiful tho.

As for Seth's voice: it's a little deeper than I thought...then again, his grunts are a little higher when he's fighting so maybe that one like was a serious deep voice and he will go into a higher octave for the rest of the time. I don't think it's bad, I'll just have to adjust if he keeps it that low.

Going with the 'not what you think' theme they like to have.

I think he'll do great and I can't wait to see how he handles Leo. Ciro has been really good with choosing voices so far, so I trust Seth will work and it's part of Ciro's vision. I know it's weird, but I loved the fight sounds Seth was making.

But, my first thought was this:

Anyone else get that vibe? XD
__________________
Midnight Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:07 PM   #497
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaughnMichael View Post
This may be the first time we agree but I'm going to give a chance before I totally dismiss it.
We've only seen a small clip but I do feel he sounds quite a bit like himself or Chris Griffin.

I'm going to miss him also, I don't know why they have to always have some big name celeb.
Yeah, I don't know why either. It's not needed. Previous installments worked just fine without celebrity voice overs. I would imagine it would keep costs down to stick with voice actors who are low key, vs the Sean Astins, Jason Biggs, Rosanne Barr and Seth Green status actors.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #498
Cure
Y'all need Jesus
 
Cure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 8,938
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
What? Considering the circumstances, us Raphael fans have been patient. Whoopie fu@#$%^&ing do, he got to shine in about 350, maybe 400 minutes worth of movies, vs about 9200 minutes of TV shows over the span of 27 years.
And I'm pretty sure the math is accurate.

1987 series- 193 (23 minute, roughly) episodes.

2k3-155 (23 minute) episodes.

2012 - 52 (23 minute) episodes.

193+155+52 = 400 episodes. I would say, over the course, maybe about 100 episodes total from all three series was Raphael heavy, so I knock that down to 300 episodes. 300 X 23 minutes = 6900 minutes of shows.

Episodes with Raph (just a guestimate here)
100 x 23 minutes 2300 minutes.

Movies
95 minutes X 4 movies = 380 minutes (and Raphael was not the main character in all of them, Donnie was the main character in SOTO, Mikey in the third, and Raph shared screen time with Leo in TMNT 2007, and Mikey in TMNT 2012.

Raph dominates in about 2680 minutes worth of media, but Leonardo has dominated in 2k3 and shares 2012 (4761 minutes) Donnie shares domination with 80's and 2012 (5600 worth of minutes) and Mikey was mostly dominant in 80's and shared dominant in 2k3 with Leo (7000 minutes) Geesh, no wonder why Raphael fans are feeling left out.
Wow. Nothing says passion like cold hard math. You're just trying to ruin it for yourself at this point.
__________________
Cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:20 PM   #499
Midnight Mutant
Foot Soldier
 
Midnight Mutant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 249
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
So no new ep this week online?
Honestly, I don't think so. I think that was to help wrap up season 2. I really don't think they will stream the eps early anymore.

But, then again, Nick does some weird things so...you never know.

I heard there was an early premiere of Season 3 at participating Walmarts this Sat tho.
__________________
Midnight Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #500
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Mutant View Post
Honestly, I don't think so. I think that was to help wrap up season 2. I really don't think they will stream the eps early anymore.

But, then again, Nick does some weird things so...you never know.

I heard there was an early premiere of Season 3 at participating Walmarts this Sat tho.
considering that, its bound to show up online
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.