The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2014, 10:03 PM   #701
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricN View Post
Wait, he's just now becoming that? Maybe you witnessed the whole triceratons fiasco? Or the Zeck bebop disaster? What about the Russian rocksteady rampage?

I think we should all give Seth a chance. Again, I was so for getting rid of Dom because of his lacking inflection, but the clip of Seth isn't what I'd really want for Leo full time. With that though, for Leo's intense moments, it's perfect. Just waiting to see what range this Leo has. Jason's leo was great because his voice could be really high, or really low
After hearing the clip, I think he sounds great. It's just hard to adjust to something new. From the short bits I've seen in the Walmart premiere and the released clip, it's suiting for someone recovering from stomped neck. In the scene where's fighting the creep, he seems to have some pretty intense combat grunts. I like it.
I have to admit that when Seth Green was first announced all I could think of was Chris from Family Guy laughing on loop.
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #702
Ashwolf
Stone Warrior
 
Ashwolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 540
its a bit odd that nick hasn't released a video containing more events from season 3 eps yet, excluding the 1st ep
__________________
Ashwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #703
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
[/spoiler]

Hmm...ok, so we got a punk frog, the Creepy, and I assume that's Bigfoot on the left. (So they're going with the tradition Yeti look) but....what is that in the back of the house? Is that a Kraang tentacle? Or maybe Kirby and he somehow managed to escape?
This?



Yeah that's two Leonardos there
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 10:59 PM   #704
miru
Mad Scientist
 
miru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
That'd be interesting. But it would probably mean no action figure as Playmates doesn't do females besides april and snake Karai.
Human females (and males too (unless they can fight well)), that is. As Bigfoot is a monster, there's still a chance.
__________________
Proud Digimon nut.
miru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2014, 11:06 PM   #705
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
So the story involving big foot sounds like that episode of the 2k3 series where there was that Monster Hunter who was looking for one of the three elintian beasts the "Green Man" as she called it.
Yes, we totally need him/her (still not sure) back

evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #706
saber16
Foot Soldier
 
saber16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
I can't stand Seth Green's Leonardo voice. I think Nick's Leo is ruined for me now.
Honestly, with everything you've complained about I'm surprised you didn't drop the series the first year of watching it.
Give it a month, you'll be complaining about something else.
__________________
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 03:46 AM   #707
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by saber16 View Post
Honestly, with everything you've complained about I'm surprised you didn't drop the series the first year of watching it.
Give it a month, you'll be complaining about something else.
Or we could all just Ignore him. Seriously, this guy complains about EVERYTHING.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 06:34 AM   #708
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
Sorry but Seth is better than Dom for me. Besides, Dom can do better. a voicealike job may pay the bills but it's not all that fulfilling creatively. He'll do better for himself.

Sure I'd rather Biggs had stayed but now that we have Seth and we see that Nick is turning the voice change into an actual plot point (which is so awesome, btw), I have zero complaints.

We need to feel that Shredder is a true danger. Leo was battle damaged, true, but he basically got away in 100% perfect condition (once he's rested enough)... or at least he WOULD have if not for his vocal cords being crushed which has now altered him forever and we can already tell from the clip shown that it is causing him some distress and will probably be a factor over time as well...

We may never have Shredder kill one of the turtles or do anything huge like take out one of their eyes... but this still shows us that Shredder can leave a very real, lasting impact on their lives and I really like that.

They COULD have went with a voicealike but instead they got more creative. Just one more way of demonstrating this is not your typical kids show... it has creators that really think about stuff and care about the property.

Last edited by Zulithe; 10-02-2014 at 06:40 AM.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:26 AM   #709
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Episode 3 description via Zap2It:

S03, E03 Buried Secrets

When the guys discover a Kraang ship buried under April's house, they also uncover April's lost mother.

10/17/2014 *
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:30 AM   #710
Zulithe
Ninjutsu Master
 
Zulithe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
April's mom buried under her house all this time?

That is so creepy. Even *if* she is alive... actually, maybe even more so if she's alive.

Maybe it's buried there because Kirby intended it that way. A popular theory has been that April's mom is a neutrino so... if april is half human half neutrino there could be good reason for why her mom is nearby.
Zulithe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #711
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zulithe View Post
Sorry but Seth is better than Dom for me. Besides, Dom can do better. a voicealike job may pay the bills but it's not all that fulfilling creatively. He'll do better for himself.

Sure I'd rather Biggs had stayed but now that we have Seth and we see that Nick is turning the voice change into an actual plot point (which is so awesome, btw), I have zero complaints.

We need to feel that Shredder is a true danger. Leo was battle damaged, true, but he basically got away in 100% perfect condition (once he's rested enough)... or at least he WOULD have if not for his vocal cords being crushed which has now altered him forever and we can already tell from the clip shown that it is causing him some distress and will probably be a factor over time as well...

We may never have Shredder kill one of the turtles or do anything huge like take out one of their eyes... but this still shows us that Shredder can leave a very real, lasting impact on their lives and I really like that.

They COULD have went with a voicealike but instead they got more creative. Just one more way of demonstrating this is not your typical kids show... it has creators that really think about stuff and care about the property.
You know what I find the most ironic about the complaints people have had over Green replacing Biggs? When Biggs was first cast, even before the show aired, people were complaining. There were message boards on IMDB saying how Biggs should be fired and how they didn't want the "Pie F*cker" from American Pie representing Leo. Now that he's finally gone and replaced with Green, we're getting a whole NEW bitchfest.

I know I stated this before, but while Biggs brought a lot of character and personality to Leo, there was something a bit...off in his portrayal. Over time, I ignored it as I accepted him as the voice of Leo, but I don't think he loved TMNT as much as his cast mates did. Like, he appreciated it and had respect for it; but the love wasn't there. It's like I am with "Star Trek." I admit, there are really good episodes and I can see why the fan base is huge, but I wouldn't go out of my way to attend a Trek Con or whatever.

Green, however, has stated that he loves Ninja Turtles. Not only that, but his wife has the "hots" for Leo, so I have the feeling that when he won the role, he went to bed a VERY happy man that night.

And let's not forget that Green has had a lot more experience as a voice actor than Biggs. Green has done voice work in movies, TV, and video games, so he has a better understand how portraying a character is just as challenging behind a mic as it is in front of a camera. I'm sure Biggs liked it, but something tells me he wanted to do more for his on-screen career, especially now that "Orange is the New Black" is so successful.

I know how hard it is having an actor replaced in a role, but I think they handled it beautifully here. A lot of times in animated shows, whenever an actor is replaced, they don't always address it. In fact, they rarely address it. It's not like how they replaced Aunt Viv's actress in "Fresh Prince" by having a character say she looked different. Don't forget, they replaced Rob Paulsen for Raphael in the final season of TMNT back in the 90s. That always bugged me as a kid because even though it SORT OF sounded like Paulsen, I knew it wasn't REALLY him. With Casey asking about Leo's voice and Donnie giving a very logical (and realistic) explanation, not only did it cover any holes in the plot, but it also showed just how severe Leo's injuries were.

This is why I'm super excited for Season 3. I don't know why, but Season 2 had a few bumps in it. I think we might have some stronger writers for this season and I can't wait to see what they bring to the table. And as for Green, welcome aboard, buddy!!!
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:49 AM   #712
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Episode 3 description via Zap2It:

S03, E03 Buried Secrets

When the guys discover a Kraang ship buried under April's house, they also uncover April's lost mother.

10/17/2014 *
......ok, are we sure this isn't a fan theory that got leaked? I recall seeing the "synopsis" for part two of the Invasion and it said how the Turtles got captured by the Kraang and Leo "joins the Foot" to thwart the plans. I have had a suspicion that April's mother IS still alive, but I always thought she went into hiding to protect her family.

....unless that pink tentacle in the promo pic is supposed to be her.

Oh, and if this is is legit, I'm calling this now: They said at the Comic Con panel that the woman who voiced April in the 80s show is coming back. If she does, I be she'll voice April's mother.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 08:51 AM   #713
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post


ANOTHER plant monster??!? How many does this show need? We already have Snakeweed and the Creep. Naw, I'm pretty sure that's a Kraang tentacle or something.

Quote:
Yeah that's two Leonardos there
Ah, 80s animation errors. So flawed, yet so loved.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:12 AM   #714
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Buried Secrets sounds like it's going to be one awesome episode. I've been waiting for them to reveal more about April's mom ever since she was mentioned in Karai's Vendetta and Kraang Conspiracy. I hope A Foot Too Big has a few surprises too. Since the writers love to throw off fans with those misleading synopses and titles, I'm hoping for another great story here.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #715
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
......ok, are we sure this isn't a fan theory that got leaked? I recall seeing the "synopsis" for part two of the Invasion and it said how the Turtles got captured by the Kraang and Leo "joins the Foot" to thwart the plans. I have had a suspicion that April's mother IS still alive, but I always thought she went into hiding to protect her family.

....unless that pink tentacle in the promo pic is supposed to be her.

Oh, and if this is is legit, I'm calling this now: They said at the Comic Con panel that the woman who voiced April in the 80s show is coming back. If she does, I be she'll voice April's mother.
It's legit. I'm not posting some random made up episode description from Wikipedia.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:22 AM   #716
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
......ok, are we sure this isn't a fan theory that got leaked? I recall seeing the "synopsis" for part two of the Invasion and it said how the Turtles got captured by the Kraang and Leo "joins the Foot" to thwart the plans. I have had a suspicion that April's mother IS still alive, but I always thought she went into hiding to protect her family.

....unless that pink tentacle in the promo pic is supposed to be her.

Oh, and if this is is legit, I'm calling this now: They said at the Comic Con panel that the woman who voiced April in the 80s show is coming back. If she does, I be she'll voice April's mother.
Here's the proof

http://tvschedule.zap2it.com/tv/teen...aid=tvschedule

I wonder if Renae Jacobs will be voiceing April's Mum .
__________________
My heart!!!! One of my favourite moments.


Last edited by Vicky82; 10-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 10:37 AM   #717
travelingcat
Thug
 
travelingcat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: NC
Posts: 64
Seth is great. When I watched the clip at Walmart, it never crossed my mind that it's a different voice. Leo really sounds like he's been through hell and still weak after waking up. Making it a plot point was a perfect way of making the switch. Done a lot better than Leo's batman voice in 2k3.
__________________
travelingcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:02 AM   #718
The Turtle Terminator
Mad Scientist
 
The Turtle Terminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 1,110
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
Episode 3 description via Zap2It:

S03, E03 Buried Secrets

When the guys discover a Kraang ship buried under April's house, they also uncover April's lost mother.

10/17/2014 *

Seriously!? I didnt expect that. Im guessing Renea Jacobs will be voicing her?
__________________
The Turtle Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 11:34 AM   #719
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
I have to say I am already loving Seth's portrayal of Leo. Not sure if I'm wording this right, but his deep voice gives Leo more of a determined and serious character. It makes him sound like more of an actual "leader."

Dom was okay, and Jason was a bit too light-sounding at some points, but overall I enjoyed them in the long run.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #720
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
It makes a good transition because early on Jason Bigg's voice brought this young innocence towards this character and after going through such a traumatic experience, Seth voice brings out this new side that shows he doesn't have this wide eye innocence anymore.
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.