The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2014, 06:24 PM   #341
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Thought that was the direction they might have gone in, but they found another creative answer that works too.

Although the poor kid was laid up for three months, could have hit that age while he was out. They should make his voice crack on a rare occasion. Good for brother teasing.
Now that you mentioned it. Have you ever watched a teenage kid go from being 5'2" to 5'8" in one summer? It is so freaking funny to see them constantly stumbling and falling because they are still trying to adjust to their new heights all of the time until the growth spurt ends. Makes me wish they didn't have Donnie so tall from the beginning, but something that started to happen during the show's first season run. Oh well, maybe Mikey or Raph might have a growth spurt in the near future.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:26 PM   #342
Bitsy83
Hench Mutant
 
Bitsy83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: My house
Posts: 266
SOOOOO sorry for the late reply (not that anyone was really EXPECTING one from me ), but I'm going to finally share my thoughts with what I liked and disliked about this episode:

Likes:

-- Leo's new voice. Yeah, I know people are bitching and I would've bitched, too...had they not made reference to it. I think the way they tied in Leo's new voice actor along with the events in the series was a brilliant move. I have heard of cases where a person's vocal chords or larynx can be damaged, giving them an entirely new voice. And seeing the damage Leo took in the finale, it actually makes a lot of sense. Almost makes you wonder if they were planning that mid-season. It'll take a little getting used to, but I always thought Seth Green was a great voice actor and while I'll miss Biggs's portrayal, I'm glad they got someone as talented as Green.

-- The 90s movie references. Oddly enough, even as a kid the parts in the farmhouse were some of my favorite moments in the film, so it was cute seeing that perspective.

-- The fact that 3 months have passed. This wasn't like they were there overnight or whatever. More realistic.

-- April FINALLY getting irritated with Casey. Something tells me that he's been wanting to..."play house" for awhile now and I think April is finally waking up to seeing what Casey really wants from her. At least Donnie has been a gentleman around her.

-- The Creep. Good GRIEF, was he scary!! I hope that Nick doesn't get too many notes from parents on this one. I loved the design, the Friday the 13th refs (even though I never saw any of the movies, nor do I want to). Reason why I bring up parents is I was talking with a woman with a young girl at a supermarket once. Her daughter had a Mikey plushie from Build-a-Bear and I asked if she was a fan of the show. The mother said she was, but she had watched an episode to see if it was appropriate for her daughter and she said it looked scary. I recommended the 80s cartoon until her daughter was old enough and she said she'd check it out. I honestly can't blame the woman; her daughter must've been around 3 or 4, so I wouldn't want a little child seeing something like that quite yet.

Now for the dislikes:

-- Raph being turned into a plant then back again. See, when I first heard Raph was going to be a victim of the Creep, I thought maybe he'd be half-buried in the ground, unconscious when Donnie and Mikey find him. Then the whole extracting the mutagen to turn him normal...I dunno, I don't think the writers are being too consistent with this mutagen and it's abilities.
Spoiler:
It's almost like how, in the Bay movie, Donnie used the mutagen to heal Splinter.


-- The medicine. Same problem as above. I think either Donnie or a fan said how he was using the rejected retromutagen samples he had and somehow made it into a medicine. Donnie may be smart, but seemed like a risk move on his part to give his ailing brother an untested substance. I know you guys already discussed this, so I'll try not to beat a dead horse.

Those are really the only things I have to say about it. Other than that, it was a strong beginning for a, hopefully, great season. Season 2 had hits and misses, so I'd like to see more hits with this one.
__________________
"Question: Do you like penicillin on your pizza?"
Bitsy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:07 PM   #343
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
I recommended the 80s cartoon until her daughter was old enough and she said she'd check it out. I honestly can't blame the woman; her daughter must've been around 3 or 4, so I wouldn't want a little child seeing something like that quite yet.
Yeah, can't say the Turtles have ever seemed intended for that age set, that's more Disney Jr./Nick Jr. age group, though the original series is a great suggestion. But does a heart good to hear to of a young girl being a TMNT fan in the making. Now if marketing and stores will only listening more.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:40 PM   #344
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
...........even though we already one of them play out in the show? And the other one took place in the woods and referenced Big Foot and what exactly is the next episode about again, and where does it take place?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Not to mention, the last episode we saw Raphael, with an ax, cutting wood, so we know that backdrop already exists!
I must be thinking of some other leaked storyboards then.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 07:55 PM   #345
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Sounds like it. Agree it's odd, and kinda just came out of nowhere... no reason it should be in the Nick Turtles, they weren't injected with the stuff like the movie.
It was based on the bloodsucker story in the comics. In that one a leech sucks so much blood out of raph that he becomes a normal turtle and the worm becomes a mutant. In the comics the turtles always have that radioactive mutagen stuff in their blood. That's why vampires biting raph turned him into an all out monster and not just a vampire.

I kinda don't know why they went this route with raph being turned into a plant monster... And then into a regular plant.

I think the whole mutagen thing was so that they don't reference blood in a kids cartoon. Remember as far as the show can push the bar you're never gonna see a drop of blood in it.

Did anyone else think Donnie's weird ass mutagen remedy thing was just stupid?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 10-05-2014 at 08:03 PM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:05 PM   #346
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
Yeah, can't say the Turtles have ever seemed intended for that age set, that's more Disney Jr./Nick Jr. age group, though the original series is a great suggestion. But does a heart good to hear to of a young girl being a TMNT fan in the making. Now if marketing and stores will only listening more.
Fat chance at that. These companies keep whining about the bottom line, which is money, and yet, they still are completely oblivious to the facts that the most successful movies have been mostly geared towards a female, or very diverse audience, and that the TV shows as well are dominated by mostly female viewers. Why Playmates has this in their head that only boys buy their stuff, is beyond me.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #347
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Fat chance at that. These companies keep whining about the bottom line, which is money, and yet, they still are completely oblivious to the facts that the most successful movies have been mostly geared towards a female, or very diverse audience, and that the TV shows as well are dominated by mostly female viewers. Why Playmates has this in their head that only boys buy their stuff, is beyond me.
Didn't young justice get cancelled because apparently too many girls liked it? If not that one, wasn't there a similar show that was cancelled cause if that.

Kinda wish they'd cancel MLP cause the networks found out too many guys liked it. Lol.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:15 PM   #348
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Didn't young justice get cancelled because apparently too many girls liked it? If not that one, wasn't there a similar show that was cancelled cause if that.

Kinda wish they'd cancel MLP cause the networks found out too many guys liked it. Lol.
Are you serious? What does it matter what gender or race someone is that tends to be the majority who watches something?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:17 PM   #349
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
These companies keep whining about the bottom line, which is money, and yet, they still are completely oblivious to the facts that the most successful movies have been mostly geared towards a female, or very diverse audience, and that the TV shows as well are dominated by mostly female viewers. Why Playmates has this in their head that only boys buy their stuff, is beyond me.
I don't think it's just Playmates that's at fault but the entire toy industry in general. Have you been to Toys R' Us lately? They friggin' color code the aisles: boys' stuff in blue, girls' stuff in pink.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #350
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,684
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Are you serious? What does it matter what gender or race someone is that tends to be the majority who watches something?
Yeah. It's insane. And young justice was so good too.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #351
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Didn't young justice get cancelled because apparently too many girls liked it? If not that one, wasn't there a similar show that was cancelled cause if that.

Kinda wish they'd cancel MLP cause the networks found out too many guys liked it. Lol.
Maybe that's why there's little to no girls characters in this series? As to prevent too many girls from liking it?


Oooh, conspiracy theory.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:23 PM   #352
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
I hope these upcoming episodes will have Mikey trying to hold the family together, becuase thats what Northampton is all about; family. Instead, Mikey will probably do dumb things and act like nothing even happened in NYC.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:24 PM   #353
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coola Yagami View Post
Yeah. It's insane. And young justice was so good too.
OMG! I just saw an article on this crap. It's unfreakingbelievable. It's like these twats are living in the 1930's for crying out loud. Just read some of this article, and now I am seeing why TMNT has so many awful moments in their episodes like throwing up and just plain out goofy humor.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/12...imation-wrong/

I'm just like, wow. Don't any of these execs have their own little girls to observe and ask what it is that they want to see to entice them to buy their toys? Last I looked, wasn't Barbie and My Little Pony and Frozen huge sellers in the toy world? What makes them think girls don't buy toys?
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:26 PM   #354
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
OMG! I just saw an article on this crap. It's unfreakingbelievable. It's like these twats are living in the 1930's for crying out loud. Just read some of this article, and now I am seeing why TMNT has so many awful moments in their episodes like throwing up and just plain out goofy humor.

http://uproxx.com/gammasquad/2013/12...imation-wrong/

I'm just like, wow. Don't any of these execs have their own little girls to observe and ask what it is that they want to see to entice them to buy their toys? Last I looked, wasn't Barbie and My Little Pony and Frozen huge sellers in the toy world? What makes them think girls don't buy toys?
They don't think girls will buy action figures, which, to some extent is true. I do think little girls buy tmnt figures though.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:28 PM   #355
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
I do think little girls buy tmnt figures though.
Never seen em, only boys from my experience. Usually them in the tmnt toy aisle.

Must be pretty rare.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:29 PM   #356
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Never seen em, only boys from my experience. Usually them in the tmnt toy aisle.

Must be pretty rare.
I've seen atleast 2 of them looking at turtles. Looking, not buying.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:31 PM   #357
The Stryker
Stupid Rich
 
The Stryker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Room 237
Posts: 11,152
Young Justice got canned because it was expensive to produce, the toyline bombed and viewership wasn't nearly strong enough to overcome that.

It's nowhere near as simple as 'Execs are evil and hate the shows I like'.
__________________

@~<3 Mom~@
The Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:32 PM   #358
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I don't think it's just Playmates that's at fault but the entire toy industry in general. Have you been to Toys R' Us lately? They friggin' color code the aisles: boys' stuff in blue, girls' stuff in pink.
No I haven't. If I want to buy toys, I've been going to Amazon. But yeah, it's kind of sick. Places that sell books and Dvd's don't seem to be doing that backwards gender division thing.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:33 PM   #359
plastroncafe
PerfectlyTunedFightEngine
 
plastroncafe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Upsidedown
Posts: 7,926
The families of little girls spend millions of dollars each year buying action figures, they're just called dolls.
__________________
------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spike Spiegel View Post
So your wants and needs as a fan should outweigh everyone else's?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
There's no sense catering just to one demographic which is idiotic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
just ignore what you don't like rather than obsessing over it and move on with your life.
plastroncafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 08:35 PM   #360
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by plastroncafe View Post
The families of little girls spend millions of dollars each year buying action figures, they're just called dolls.
Eh. But the dolls are generally based off "girl" things.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.