The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2014, 11:44 AM   #941
NinjaPug
Foot Elite
 
NinjaPug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
Seeing as all the girls in this show have to be either alien or mutants it wouldn't surprise me.
It's not like there's a ton of males in the show that aren't aliens/mutants. By my count there is only 2.
NinjaPug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #942
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
It's not like there's a ton of males in the show that aren't aliens/mutants. By my count there is only 2.
2 more than girls still. In fact there's only 2 important girls in the show XD (considering Irma was a robot this whole time)
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:46 AM   #943
Metalhead 2.0
Stone Warrior
 
Metalhead 2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 822
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
It'll be a long time before we find out.

The early Season 3 episodes were done during and around Comic Con 13' as confirmed by Sean, Rob, and others during an IGN interview. So by February, they may have very well had all of Season 3 written by that point.

So it's way too soon to tell, so I won't even begin to make an assumption.
She works for Dreamworks now as a BG animator on Turbo FAST.
It's a show exclusive to NetFlix.
Metalhead 2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:53 AM   #944
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Wasn't she destroyed?
hehe You said destroyed which makes me think of how they used to say that all the time in the 90's animated series sans Batman. I needed that today. But yeah, I thought AD had died too. But I'd imagine the Kraang would have a couple more reject clones. As for April's mom, Kurtzman did hesitate when telling April of the Kraang experimenting on mommy. The way he hesitated gave me cause to think that she might not look all that human anymore. I wonder if Kurtzman will find them at some point while they're out of the city. Bet he got out too.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:02 PM   #945
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaPug View Post
It's not like there's a ton of males in the show that aren't aliens/mutants. By my count there is only 2.
Three. Shredder, Kirby (before mutations) and Casey. And Xever and Bradford were male humans pre-mutation too.

I can't think of a single female human who's ever been in the show other than Karai. I don't really care though, since I'm not one of these people who's really that bothered by this sort of thing.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:04 PM   #946
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetello View Post
Three. Shredder, Kirby (before mutations) and Casey. And Xever and Bradford were male humans pre-mutation too.
Kirby no longer counts...unless you were meaning Kurtzman.

We also have the Pizza Guy, Pigeon-man AKA Tea Girls Father, the Homeless Bum, Carlos Chang O'Brian Gambe, Fong, Sid, Tsoi, and Murakami. They have not been mutated yet as far as we know.

Then we have Anton Zeck and Stirankov who are scheduled to be mutated.
__________________

Last edited by victory_angel; 10-07-2014 at 12:10 PM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:09 PM   #947
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Kirby no longer counts...unless you were meaning Kurtzman.
So Kurtzman, Shredder, and Casey are our remaining humans in the show...

This show needs more girls AND humans XD
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #948
ShelleyQuick
Foot Soldier
 
ShelleyQuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Spring Hill, Florida
Posts: 134
What about the Purple Dragons do they count? If they're not "kraangatized" also, which we don't know yet.
__________________
Just a small town girl in a great big world.

ShelleyQuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:07 PM   #949
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelleyQuick View Post
What about the Purple Dragons do they count? If they're not "kraangatized" also, which we don't know yet.
I keep forgetting about those guys. Hopefully they managed to hide out somewhere. They really need a Hun to show up and shape them up.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #950
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindturtle02 View Post
I keep forgetting about those guys. Hopefully they managed to hide out somewhere. They really need a Hun to show up and shape them up.
Hopefully its not Casey's Dad this time. I love that twist, but I think it will be a little too much for this show.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 01:52 PM   #951
ObiWanFan4life
Mad Scientist
 
ObiWanFan4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,724
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
Hopefully its not Casey's Dad this time. I love that twist, but I think it will be a little too much for this show.
How? They've had giant squid like aliens take over New York . But in all seriousness, I agree.
__________________
"The force will be with you, always"
- Obi-Wan Kenobi
ObiWanFan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:48 PM   #952
PangolinFeets
Mad Scientist
 
PangolinFeets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 1,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Kirby no longer counts...unless you were meaning Kurtzman.

We also have the Pizza Guy, Pigeon-man AKA Tea Girls Father, the Homeless Bum, Carlos Chang O'Brian Gambe, Fong, Sid, Tsoi, and Murakami. They have not been mutated yet as far as we know.

Then we have Anton Zeck and Stirankov who are scheduled to be mutated.
There's April, Karai, Tang Shen (if you count her), the tea time girl, the host of Grody to the Max, and Ice Cream Kitty. Those are the only females I can even think of that have been on the show. Lol No one even has a mom on this show.
Did I miss anyone?
PangolinFeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 02:49 PM   #953
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by PangolinFeets View Post
There's April, Karai, Tang Shen (if you count her), the tea time girl, the host of Grody to the Max, and Ice Cream Kitty. Those are the only females I can even think of that have been on the show. Lol No one even has a mom on this show.
Did I miss anyone?
You missed Karai.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:24 PM   #954
Davetello
Banned
 
Davetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Greater Glasgow, Scotland, The Ununited Kingdom
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
Kirby no longer counts...unless you were meaning Kurtzman.

We also have the Pizza Guy, Pigeon-man AKA Tea Girls Father, the Homeless Bum, Carlos Chang O'Brian Gambe, Fong, Sid, Tsoi, and Murakami. They have not been mutated yet as far as we know.

Then we have Anton Zeck and Stirankov who are scheduled to be mutated.
Yeah, sorry. I've forgotten a lot about the majority of episodes due to the woeful scheduling. My knowledge is more geared towards 87 and 2k3.

I need to binge the first two seasons.
Davetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:35 PM   #955
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,787
There are almost no human characters in the show anymore beyond Shredder, Casey and April (if she counts).

And no, I'm not counting one-off human background characters. Even those 3 Purple Dragon guys probably got mutated during the Kraang invasion.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #956
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enscripture View Post
So the boring Kraang are going to be in it, too?
The kraang own New York now. Of course they're gonna be in season 3. How else are the turtles gonna take back New York if not take it from the kraang?
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:01 PM   #957
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
So Kurtzman, Shredder, and Casey are our remaining humans in the show...

This show needs more girls AND humans XD
You forgot about Murakami. He's still there, too, unless he's been mutated. And I don't care about girls or humans on this show. I watch it for the Turtles and only the Turtles. Everything else is secondary.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 04:50 PM   #958
RedOnYellow
Thug
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
You forgot about Murakami. He's still there, too, unless he's been mutated. And I don't care about girls or humans on this show. I watch it for the Turtles and only the Turtles. Everything else is secondary.
Totally. It's like going to watch My Little Pony and expecting there to be strong male characters.

Guess what, there aren't. The only consistent male on that show is a buttmonkey and treated as a joke by his 'friends'. The secondary males consist of a one-dimensional Disney Prince to support his obligatory Disney Princess wife and a celebrity guest appearance who shows up about 3 episodes a season because he loves the exposure it gives him.


I know it's not completely correct to downplay people's complaints with another shows attributes, but you must understand they're very close to the same thing: Cartoons aimed at young female (MLP) / male (TMNT) audiences with the hopes that those children will go on to ask their parents to buy a crapload of toys for them.

I'm only saying that if you're going into a cartoon show for 9 - 13 year old boys and expecting 'strong female representation' you're probably not going to be too thrilled.

But hell, I adore April and Karai (assuming her mutation wasn't a way to write her out of the show), so I don't even know where the complaints are coming from.

Irma was a literal non-character and I have no idea why people are upset she's gone.
RedOnYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:08 PM   #959
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,197
Spike is a buttmonkey?

And yeah, I'm equally shocked about everyone crying about Irma.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:27 PM   #960
Mellie
Foot Soldier
 
Mellie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
And I don't care about girls or humans on this show. I watch it for the Turtles and only the Turtles. Everything else is secondary.
Agreeing with this.
Mellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.