The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #441
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
Raph was just suffering from the Worf Effect, that's all.
Seems like Raph is always suffering from the Worf Effect. Seriously, let Leo get a beatdown from a new mutant for once.
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:10 PM   #442
kelligrafie
Stone Warrior
 
kelligrafie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Huddersfield, UK
Posts: 840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
Hmmm maybe. Then again Leo's eyes looked narrow without his mask so maybe Raph is the same.
All of their eyes look really narrow without their masks. I don't understnad how that works. The masks make their eyes grow? Whut?
__________________
"You don't see (Shredder) calling Rahzar 'Chris'." victory_angel
"When it's not what I'd like it to be, I still enjoy it." ElectricN
kelligrafie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:25 PM   #443
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
In all seriousness, I think he was taken down so easily because he was always staying vigilant by Leo's side, not getting much sleep.
That's what I was thinking, he was just off his game a bit given the circumstances. Ok, April managed to slug him, but she also caught him off guard and probably been resting up a lot better for weeks than Raph had. Hell I was surprised he was even out there with them.


Though I'd rather not see Leo get another beat down by anything for a while... Or any of them. Bad enough the Creep knocked him around like he/it did, risking setting his recovery progress back further.


Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
All of their eyes look really narrow without their masks. I don't understnad how that works. The masks make their eyes grow? Whut?
Has only really been seen after they've been hurt, so could just be that they aren't being made to look real expressive in those moments. Could also be a visual perception/illusion thing maybe.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:32 PM   #444
Syb3rStrife
Random Punk
 
Syb3rStrife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelligrafie View Post
All of their eyes look really narrow without their masks. I don't understnad how that works. The masks make their eyes grow? Whut?
Adding any kind of color around your eyes makes them stand out more and appear bigger.

Just like how girls put on eyeliner and eye shadow. It's a makeup trick. ;3
Syb3rStrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 02:46 PM   #445
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
This was my last attempt to color Raph's bandana as close as possible to his skin color so it looks transparent (from far), though I'm not even close to Photoshopping it away as I originally intended. Any Photoshop experts here?

http://i.imgur.com/KUzzFyk.jpg
My second try, this time I made a gif:

evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:16 PM   #446
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Nice work, Evan. I agree about Leo being able to take down The Creep, but adrenaline can do crazy things, and he was the only one who could help his family out, so it doesn't surprise me that he was able to fight like that.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 04:55 PM   #447
Zarana-X
Hench Mutant
 
Zarana-X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: California
Posts: 416
Would've made more sense if the plant infection of Raph was more like an actual sickness, or rash, not a mutation.
__________________
"In order to create, you have to destroy."
www.facebook.com/zarana-x
Zarana-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:11 PM   #448
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Agree, like a parasitic grass infection. Just get the hedge trimmers, he'll be ok.


Honestly I'd find it a little amusing if he had some slight residual effects after that and kept plucking out some damn daisy that wouldn't stop sprouting form him.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #449
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatoichi View Post
In all seriousness, I think he was taken down so easily because he was always staying vigilant by Leo's side when he was in a coma, not getting much sleep. So when he actually did some fighting, he was pretty exhausted from lack of sleep.
So...on one side, you have a guy who just woke up from a 3 month coma and ultimately beats an almost unstoppable creature. On the other side, the guy who just has some 'lack of sleep' for a little while gets taken out with no problem.

And the 3 month coma patient does better? What, is Leo Steven Seagal now? (anyone who saw 'Hard to Kill' will get that) I'm sorry, but it's just mind bogglingly stupid.

And yes, I know it's just a 'cartoon'. But even Leo in the 2003 cartoon (after all that happened) took at least a little while before he was fighting/beating enemies again, and I don't even think that was after a '3 month coma in a tub' scenario (I could be wrong).
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:19 PM   #450
brosuke_hanamura
Random Punk
 
brosuke_hanamura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Ontario
Posts: 27
I loved the episode and all the Friday the thirteenth references. The creep was awesome and I can overlook the raph plant thing cause of how much I enjoyed the ep
brosuke_hanamura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 05:25 PM   #451
kolaida
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So...on one side, you have a guy who just woke up from a 3 month coma and ultimate beats an almost unstoppable creature. On the other side, the guy who just has some 'lack of sleep' for a little while gets taken out with no problem.

And the 3 month coma patient does better? What, is Leo Steven Seagal now? (anyone who saw 'Hard to Kill' will get that)
Maybe that medicine really was helping Leo when it wasn't making him hurl? And I mean helping a lot! I thought the Creep was gonna put Leo back into a coma for a moment there.

Also, a thought: maybe Raph was just too depressed to really be in the moment at all. When he snapped at Mikey early on, he seemed more sad than angry. Just thoughts.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 06:30 PM   #452
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
I'm surprised about all the Raph disappointment, he's my favorite character on the show lol. Great personality great lines, great fight scenes, I love Raph! lol
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 07:35 PM   #453
kolaida
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I'm surprised about all the Raph disappointment, he's my favorite character on the show lol. Great personality great lines, great fight scenes, I love Raph! lol
I actually really love Raph in this series and he's usually been my least favorite in other series (usually it's Donnie or Leo as faves) Seems like the long time Raph fans aren't fans, though. They have some valid points, but I enjoy the show and I really enjoy Raph scenes. This episode does feel a little rushed at the end and I could have done without Raph as a plant puppy, but it's not gonna make me stop watching. Now that I've seen it a few times it's kinda funny.

And totally agree- he gets some of the best lines on the show.
kolaida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #454
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
I'm surprised about all the Raph disappointment, he's my favorite character on the show lol. Great personality great lines, great fight scenes, I love Raph! lol
What 'great fight scenes'? The last 'great fight scene' for Raph was what...waaay back to Slash & Destoy and/or the Casey Jones one? And it's the fact that since the Slash & Destroy/Casey Jones episodes (which was what...at least 12-15 episodes ago) the guy has had nothing. Nothing to contribute, no 'great fight scenes', no memorable moments, and feels the most useless of the four Turtles. He hasn't contributed anything in the past dozen or so episodes. Including the season finale of 2/beginner of 3. That's the point.

Let's be honest, folks. If the other Turtles lost Raph? It wouldn't make any amount of difference, it would still be the same. That's how 'un-important' he is to the team right now.

And funny enough...the Turtles beating 'The Creep' without Raph helping one, single bit really does prove just how useless he Really Is to the team. lol they didn't need him at all.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 08:36 PM   #455
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
So...on one side, you have a guy who just woke up from a 3 month coma and ultimately beats an almost unstoppable creature. On the other side, the guy who just has some 'lack of sleep' for a little while gets taken out with no problem.

And the 3 month coma patient does better? What, is Leo Steven Seagal now? (anyone who saw 'Hard to Kill' will get that) I'm sorry, but it's just mind bogglingly stupid.

And yes, I know it's just a 'cartoon'. But even Leo in the 2003 cartoon (after all that happened) took at least a little while before he was fighting/beating enemies again, and I don't even think that was after a '3 month coma in a tub' scenario (I could be wrong).
Have you even watched the episode yet...since you already stated you hadn't before whining about all this before.

Because your assessment of what you "think" you saw or happened in Leo's fight is complete BS and makes me believe you still haven't.

Last edited by JTH; 10-08-2014 at 08:42 PM.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:06 PM   #456
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Have you even watched the episode yet.
Yes, I did. Just to appease you and 'know what I'm talking about' since the last time that you complained about it. Leo helped out the family and helped beat an almost unstoppable creature even though he's been in a coma for a few months and was stuck in a tub, while Raph didn't even put up a fight and continues to be the definition of 'Useless' for this Turtle family on the Nick show. And I stand by every word that I've said.

You satisfied now?

"what you "think" you saw or happened in Leo's fight"

Hmm...I said that he ultimately beats an almost unstoppable creature. And (for example) he was the one who flew at it with the Pitchfork, hit the bottle, helped Defeat The Creature...aka Beats The Creature. So what BS (as you colorfully put it) are you talking about?

Last edited by Ramboraph4life aka Matt; 10-08-2014 at 09:17 PM.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 09:51 PM   #457
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by kolaida View Post
I actually really love Raph in this series and he's usually been my least favorite in other series (usually it's Donnie or Leo as faves) Seems like the long time Raph fans aren't fans, though. They have some valid points, but I enjoy the show and I really enjoy Raph scenes. This episode does feel a little rushed at the end and I could have done without Raph as a plant puppy, but it's not gonna make me stop watching. Now that I've seen it a few times it's kinda funny.

And totally agree- he gets some of the best lines on the show.
In season one, he started out great. I wasn't a fan of how far his phobia for roaches went, I think I liked 2k3's take on it better, but for the most part, he was fun and interesting and was actually a part of the team. The beginning of season 2 was a bit rough, but then Slash and Destroy came in and it pumped us up, because this is what Raph is about. I'm going to say it would have probably started with Wormquake, when I think the downward spiral of the Raph character was being noticed. Raphael is supposed to be toughest, strongest, and would be the best fighter of the team except for his temper holding him back, and he's also supposed to be the protector of the family, and lately, we have not seen it. I mean, Casey Jones is supposed to be his friend, and yet, every other episode, he's hanging out with Donnie for crying out loud.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:18 PM   #458
Ramboraph4life aka Matt
Mad Scientist
 
Ramboraph4life aka Matt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: North Liberty, Iowa
Posts: 1,233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I mean, Casey Jones is supposed to be his friend, and yet, every other episode, he's hanging out with Donnie for crying out loud.
lol, that is Very True. If they want to do something different with that, then hey, that's fine.

Heck, have Raph actually hang out with Mikey or team up with Mikey more while Don and Casey bond/whatever they want to do. Maybe Mikey can become more of the buddy Raph hangs out with after the loss of Spike (and stuff like the hug they shared (in the picture that you have there, Warhorse could lead more into that kind of stuff, considering from what I remember they were pretty much best buds in the original comics. But just give Raph something.
Ramboraph4life aka Matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:38 PM   #459
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Well, he's going to be having an episode that goes into detail on how he got his crack on the plastron and shell, and I'm just hoping for once, it wasn't his fault for once. Maybe something was getting ready to fall on one of his brothers and he rushes in to stop it, and the weight of it cut into his shell. It could be the reason why he starts to get more muscular, vowing to never let his lack of physical strength be an issue for him again. But more than likely, it's going to be him and Leo doing some sparring, and Leo slices Raph with his sword.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #460
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramboraph4life aka Matt View Post
lol, that is Very True. If they want to do something different with that, then hey, that's fine.

Heck, have Raph actually hang out with Mikey or team up with Mikey more while Don and Casey bond/whatever they want to do. Maybe Mikey can become more of the buddy Raph hangs out with after the loss of Spike (and stuff like the hug they shared (in the picture that you have there, Warhorse could lead more into that kind of stuff, considering from what I remember they were pretty much best buds in the original comics. But just give Raph something.
I think Raph is more buddies with Mikey in this version. (as far as I can tell)

but I still want Casey and Raph I want both!
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.