The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: My sweet lil chinchilla!
Wow, Leo's new voice is quite the headturner! 54 49.09%
Wait, how did the chickens survive there for so long? 37 33.64%
Creep is the equivalent of Turtle Honey! 2 1.82%
Prediction: Someone will post about the paralell of the slug people cartoon and Cybercubed. 17 15.45%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 PM   #461
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
But more than likely, it's going to be him and Leo doing some sparring, and Leo slices Raph with his sword.
As much as I love scenes when those two are interacting, I do hope they go for something a little more imaginative than that. If that were the case it would be more fitting if he also had a matching scar across his shoulder and an explanation was planned out from the start. Do that much shell damage with a katana at that angle, how can you not be left with a nasty flesh wound and scar.
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2014, 11:47 PM   #462
BabyTurtles
Foot Elite
 
BabyTurtles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,177
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
As much as I love scenes when those two are interacting, I do hope they go for something a little more imaginative than that. If that were the case it would be more fitting if he also had a matching scar across his shoulder and an explanation was planned out from the start. Do that much shell damage with a katana at that angle, how can you not be left with a nasty flesh wound and scar.
twist: sweet Mikey gives him the scar! XD
__________________
BabyTurtles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 01:29 AM   #463
ssjup81
Foot Elite
 
ssjup81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Central Virginia (Back in the US)
Posts: 4,734
Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyTurtles View Post
twist: sweet Mikey gives him the scar! XD
Personally, I think Raph got the chipped shell and plastron from protecting one of his brothers.
ssjup81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 06:14 AM   #464
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Personally, I think Raph got the chipped shell and plastron from protecting one of his brothers.
Yeah, I've thought the same thing.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:52 AM   #465
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Watch Rise of the Turtles before their mutation. Raph already has a crack plastron as a normal turtle.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:13 AM   #466
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah he could have gotten it as a normal turtle due to falling out of the bowl or something. Either way, I can't wait to see what happens with that story for sure.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 08:25 PM   #467
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Personally, I think Raph got the chipped shell and plastron from protecting one of his brothers.
It's what I hope to see. It would be fitting for his character too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Watch Rise of the Turtles before their mutation. Raph already has a crack plastron as a normal turtle.
I think this is when it becomes one of those inconsistencies within in the show. Whatever you seen before, the future episodes are going to shown Raph got the scars post mutation. Other inconsistencies, the Turtles not knowing what pizza was and was living off of algae and worms and apparently never have gone to the surface for 15 years? But yet they have video arcade games, access to TV and Raph even mentions collecting a comic book series for 6 years.

Last edited by Warhorse; 10-09-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 12:20 AM   #468
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
I think this is when it becomes one of those inconsistencies within in the show. Whatever you seen before, the future episodes are going to shown Raph got the scars post mutation. Other inconsistencies, the Turtles not knowing what pizza was and was living off of algae and worms and apparently never have gone to the surface for 15 years? But yet they have video arcade games, access to TV and Raph even mentions collecting a comic book series for 6 years.
I don't see them as inconsistencies actually.

Showing Raph with his plastron chip and Donnie with his tooth gap was there so the people watching the Rise of the Turtles and be able to discern which Turtle was who. I know you and I can see them without those marks and say "That's Raphael' or "Thats Donnie" because we would be able to recognize their body structure. But someone like a small child for instance would see two complete different turtles.

As for the not knowing what Pizza is you do being up a good point about the fact they haveabout them having accesa te
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 01:01 AM   #469
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post


I think this is when it becomes one of those inconsistencies within in the show. Whatever you seen before, the future episodes are going to shown Raph got the scars post mutation. Other inconsistencies, the Turtles not knowing what pizza was and was living off of algae and worms and apparently never have gone to the surface for 15 years? But yet they have video arcade games, access to TV and Raph even mentions collecting a comic book series for 6 years.
I don't see these entirely as inconsistencies.

Raph and Donnie were shown with a tooth gap in Rise of the Turtles as a way of indicating which Turtle was which. I know they could have kept those out because we would know who they were by their body structure but someone like say a small child would see two entirely different Turtles.

But you do raise a good point about the fact they do not know what pizza is and yet they have access to TV and the internet so they should have at least seen ads and commercials for pizza places.

In tales of the turtle lair the story ends with Splinter saying "It's too bad we can't get a pizza delivered down here." Mikey then asks "What's pizza?" and Splinter responds by saying "One of the wonders of New Your that you will one day encounter."

I don't know about eating Algae and worms every day, yeah Donnie grows algae in his lab. But Raph does say he thought he'd never have anything better then algae and worms so perhaps that was the only thing that mikey would make that counted as edible.

As for the stuff that obviously didn't look like it came from the sewers. I would imagine that the Turtles have gone outside the sewers such as runs to the junk yard, but the beginning of the series is the first time they have been allowed to see the city.
__________________

Last edited by victory_angel; 10-10-2014 at 01:38 AM.
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #470
Klunk1234
Hench Mutant
 
Klunk1234's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: With the TMNT
Posts: 462
Post

I like this episode, especially when Leo wake up. I miss Dominic's and Jason's voices already. Leo sounds too old for his age. The action was really good.
Klunk1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #471
Donny's computer84
Thug
 
Donny's computer84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Turtle's Lair
Posts: 71
Post

Into the woods was a good episode, getting used to Leo's new voice.
Donny's computer84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #472
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by victory_angel View Post
I don't see these entirely as inconsistencies.

Raph and Donnie were shown with a tooth gap in Rise of the Turtles as a way of indicating which Turtle was which. I know they could have kept those out because we would know who they were by their body structure but someone like say a small child would see two entirely different Turtles.

But you do raise a good point about the fact they do not know what pizza is and yet they have access to TV and the internet so they should have at least seen ads and commercials for pizza places.

In tales of the turtle lair the story ends with Splinter saying "It's too bad we can't get a pizza delivered down here." Mikey then asks "What's pizza?" and Splinter responds by saying "One of the wonders of New Your that you will one day encounter."

I don't know about eating Algae and worms every day, yeah Donnie grows algae in his lab. But Raph does say he thought he'd never have anything better then algae and worms so perhaps that was the only thing that mikey would make that counted as edible.

As for the stuff that obviously didn't look like it came from the sewers. I would imagine that the Turtles have gone outside the sewers such as runs to the junk yard, but the beginning of the series is the first time they have been allowed to see the city.
Until proven otherwise, I can't help but see that Raph was just outright lying to his brothers when they see the Pizza and he goes "it doesn't look like any food I have ever seen!" the way he looks around at his brothers, it just looks like he's lying, so out of all of the brothers, Raphael I can definitely see as the one who has gone top side before. It might also be why he was getting impatient with Donnie and Mikey being so entertained by gadgets and lighting, because Raph already seen it.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 07:09 AM   #473
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
You know, I could definitely see Raph sneaking topside a time or two. Good catch, WH.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 09:50 AM   #474
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
You know, I could definitely see Raph sneaking topside a time or two. Good catch, WH.
That'd be cool. That reminded me, what if they bring back the Nightwatcher?
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:48 PM   #475
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I'd love that, and I'd love to see how they did it. But I heard they're doing the Dark Raph storyline, so that's going to be pretty good, too.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 07:36 PM   #476
CharmedSerenity
Mad Scientist
 
CharmedSerenity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: In front of her computer
Posts: 1,335
Finally saw this episode, and I'm not liking the way April verbally bit Casey's head off during the search for Raph, it was kind of uncalled for especially considering he couldn't find his family before fleeing the city. She's probably not the only one hurting so she doesn't have to act like she got the monopoly on it.
__________________
Favorite incarnations: 2k3 animated series, 2014 & 2016 movies and the IDW comics.

CharmedSerenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 10:58 PM   #477
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by snake View Post
That'd be cool. That reminded me, what if they bring back the Nightwatcher?
I would freaking die if they did that! That is one of the single most awesome things ever invented for Raphael, and I plead that it won't be a one shot incarnation deal! I can totally, and I mean totally, see the Nick Raphael taking on the Nightwatcher persona. This show's saving grace is it's toy line, The Nightwatcher would be one badass toy to market and for me to buy! Come on Nick, Ciro and Playmates, this is such a great idea! Make it happen!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 03:47 AM   #478
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharmedSerenity View Post
I'm not liking the way April verbally bit Casey's head off during the search for Raph, it was kind of uncalled for especially considering he couldn't find his family before fleeing the city. She's probably not the only one hurting so she doesn't have to act like she got the monopoly on it.
She gets that way with just about everyone in this series. I almost want to see her try that on Shredder just to see how he'd react.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 11:24 AM   #479
IndigoErth
Team Blue Boy
 
IndigoErth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: U.S., East Coast
Posts: 16,293
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
I almost want to see her try that on Shredder just to see how he'd react.


"Not now, Shredder! Can't you see I'm arguing with Casey?! SAVE IT. Or so help me god I'll use my psychic laser mind powers and your time in this series will be OVER. NOW."
IndigoErth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2014, 04:07 PM   #480
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
That would be hilarious to see for sure! And maybe she's PMSing, too. Girls do go through that you know.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.