The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 03:16 PM   #1741
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjup81 View Post
Yeah, and I think Donnie is supposed to be OCD. Either way, I liked Mikey more for season 2 since they seemed to tone down the ADD thing.
Yup! I remember the interview during the first season. While writing the characters they imagined that Donnie is a bit OCD and Mikey has undiagnosed ADD and literally just can't focus. I think his ability to learn the nunchucks so effectively speaks more to his potential. He is capable. Things may be a bit difficult because of the way his mind works but he is not a lost cause at all.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #1742
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
I don't think the staff hate 2K3. I think Ciro left the board because Cybercubed b*tched about how Laird would tear up the script if he saw how Baxter was written and it offended Ciro. Can't say I blame him for leaving as I would have, too.

As for Mikey, I often thought that maybe he's a little bit autistic. My late classmate showed signs of autism or ADD, and he acted a bit like Mikey in that he'd lose focus sometimes. But he was one funny guy and always made you laugh just like this Mikey does, so that's why when I first saw this Mikey, I said to myself, "He reminds me of my friend Joey." And he does.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #1743
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Yeah its one thing if you don't like the show but that doesn't give anyone the right to be a jackass. Get off your high horse. These guys don't have to speak to the fans so when they reach out directly to us it doesn't mean its your chance to be a dick.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:24 PM   #1744
saber16
Foot Soldier
 
saber16's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 177
... Wasn't the last episode a 'Mikey's a screw up but proves himself' story? Yeah, the formula is getting old, but... I'm not bothered by it. Same with the love triangle that's heading nowhere, it's annoying at the worst of times, but I have an easy time overlooking it because I'm to busy enjoying everything else in the episode.

... I just hope to see some progress story-wise with these two things, like Mikey recalling a past event where he jumped to conclusions and thinks more carefully how to handle the situation.
__________________
saber16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #1745
BubblyShell22
Leo-holic
 
BubblyShell22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Indiana
Posts: 16,912
Yeah, but we really don't know if that's the case here yet. I just hope that if he gets upset it's not just because of him reciting the show and how his brothers are mad about it.
__________________
"A warrior who never fails, never learns."-The Ancient One.

"Embrace your inner a**holiness."-Mr. Anderson.
BubblyShell22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:37 PM   #1746
blindturtle02
Foot Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Tx
Posts: 2,627
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
Yeah, but we really don't know if that's the case here yet. I just hope that if he gets upset it's not just because of him reciting the show and how his brothers are mad about it.
It might be a multitude of things culminating in this. Only one more day til you guys find out! More like a couple for me but eh, whatcha gonna do? I really dig the idea of an army of frogs with four of them hopefully turning out to be the punks.
__________________
Please don't remove my nice hat and wack me in the butt with it.
blindturtle02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 PM   #1747
victory_angel
Foot Elite
 
victory_angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Ca
Posts: 3,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Yeah its one thing if you don't like the show but that doesn't give anyone the right to be a jackass. Get off your high horse. These guys don't have to speak to the fans so when they reach out directly to us it doesn't mean its your chance to be a dick.
As I like to say:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion
No one is entitled to be a dick about it.
__________________
victory_angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 05:29 PM   #1748
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
To address posts made 2-3 pages back, never has it been said the the Nick staff, be it Ciro or Brandon or anyone else, hates the 4kids series. Why would they be introducing Hun, the EPF, etc? & if they did, it sure as hell wouldn't be because it "belittled the original cartoon" because Ciro himself said he's not a fan of the OT. He's a Mirage guy.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 06:59 PM   #1749
tmntpower1988
Stone Warrior
 
tmntpower1988's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Ireland
Posts: 793
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bitsy83 View Post
That was my reason for hating it. Well, Donnie and Leo sounded ok, but Raph? The only time his voice matched his character was the SAINW episode where he was SUPPOSED to sound like a gruff, 40-something man. And Karai drove me up the wall. I don't know whether or not the VA was Asian, but you could tell they were REALLY pushing the accent on her. My sister-in-law is from Indonesia and while she has an accent, I'd be scared to death to show her that cartoon for fear of it being offensive to her. (She's also a doctor, so she's very well spoken.) That's why I like how Kelly Hu just uses her regular accent so she can focus more on the character instead of sounding Japanese.

As for the writing, well there were some good episodes, I won't lie. But the way the lines were delivered was like having C-class actors doing a scene from "King's Speech" or "Citizen Kane." The script is good, but the way it's portrayed is mediocre. Once Shredder became an Utrom, I pretty much gave up on it. (Which is ironic since SAINW was post-Shredder Beheading and that's my favorite episode.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
That same problem that I had with it as well. I didn't like voice cast all that much. To me, Mikey was the worst. Nails on a chalkboard, my god. http://i.imgur.com/dWgs2TC.gif

It would such a crime if this nick show can never get to that level of writing because it now has such an amazing voice cast that actually can deliver the lines.

There few times when it can but I feel that this show is holding itself back from character development and story arcs.
I have no problems with any of the voices in the 2k3 series and thought the delivery of the lines was fine. Oh well each to their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
To address posts made 2-3 pages back, never has it been said the the Nick staff, be it Ciro or Brandon or anyone else, hates the 4kids series. Why would they be introducing Hun, the EPF, etc? & if they did, it sure as hell wouldn't be because it "belittled the original cartoon" because Ciro himself said he's not a fan of the OT. He's a Mirage guy.
For a guy who's not a fan of the 80s show he sure likes to put a lot of references to it in the Nick series lol
tmntpower1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 07:07 PM   #1750
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I dunno if he "likes to", you have to realize it's Viacom who gets the final say on things, & logic would dictate, given it sold/sells the best, that the OT would have its mark on the series.
There's also the idea that it could be for the fans, who (on Facebook, anyway) constantly whine about the differences & want OT stuff repeated over & over.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:06 PM   #1751
newhire13
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 447
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyday View Post
I would still watch because the mutants for first time in a long time in this show are more anthropomorphic and little less monster of the week.
May have something to do with the age of the ooze that mutated them. The Kraang were experimenting with some of the ooze that spawned most of the current mutants. This ooze was locked up in that ship for years. May be closer to the formula that created the turtles.
newhire13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:27 PM   #1752
JTH
"ME"
 
JTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno if he "likes to", you have to realize it's Viacom who gets the final say on things, & logic would dictate, given it sold/sells the best, that the OT would have its mark on the series.
There's also the idea that it could be for the fans, who (on Facebook, anyway) constantly whine about the differences & want OT stuff repeated over & over.
Has Ciro directly come out and said he's not a fan of 80s TMNT?

I know he greatly prefers the Mirage Comics to the OT, but never heard him come out and say he didn't like them because I've heard him say he watched the show growing up. He probably is just like many that enjoyed the show as a kid, but as he grew up realized just how cheesy it was.
JTH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 08:28 PM   #1753
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I dunno if he "likes to", you have to realize it's Viacom who gets the final say on things, & logic would dictate, given it sold/sells the best, that the OT would have its mark on the series.
There's also the idea that it could be for the fans, who (on Facebook, anyway) constantly whine about the differences & want OT stuff repeated over & over.
like a certain someone that wanted chris, xever and kp killed off, a regular kraang to be mutated into THE Krang and have bebop and rocksteady running around with shredder in the technodrome for 10 seasons...
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:35 PM   #1754
Luckyday
Mad Scientist
 
Luckyday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
May have something to do with the age of the ooze that mutated them. The Kraang were experimenting with some of the ooze that spawned most of the current mutants. This ooze was locked up in that ship for years. May be closer to the formula that created the turtles.
I know I sound redundant but April herself is the key to the mutagen so mutagen that is made from April would work as attended and would make proper humanoid mutants. Or maybe the mutagen just needs to age a little bit like wine.

I wonder how having that special chain of dna works in creating perfectly working mutagen?
__________________
Quote:
It’s time we stop trying to be perfect and be who we really are.
We’re crazed, angry, sweaty animals!
We’re not unicorns!
WE’RE WOMEN AND WE TAKE WHAT WE WANT!
-Wendy Corduroy, Gravity Falls
Luckyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 10:50 PM   #1755
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
That's definitely not gonna happen. From what I've been told the people working on this series hate the 4Kids series. Kinda explains why Ciro got mad and left when CyberCubed brought it up in the Baxter Stockman episode thread.
This really doesn't make sense though. Newtralized was one of the last episodes of season 2 and it was written by someone who wrote a 2k3 episode, not to mention that Hun is going to be showing up later on this season, which is pretty much a 2k3 character. Not to mention the EPF that showed up in season 2 finale, and there is optimism with Bishop showing up.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:23 PM   #1756
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyShell22 View Post
I don't think the staff hate 2K3. I think Ciro left the board because Cybercubed b*tched about how Laird would tear up the script if he saw how Baxter was written and it offended Ciro. Can't say I blame him for leaving as I would have, too.
I think you hit the nail on the head. Well, that and because he posted the same complain 8 times, as he is wont to do. I miss having Ciro around here but (and this isn't just Cubed, as much as I like lighting up that little bridgedweller), I wouldn't stick around either if I were him, as many users onthis board like to whine. There's a difference between criticism and just being a bloody child about something and sometimes around here that line not only gets crossed, but thrown up on.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 11:31 PM   #1757
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Newtralized was one of the last episodes of season 2 and it was written by someone who wrote a 2k3 episode, not to mention that Hun is going to be showing up later on this season, which is pretty much a 2k3 character. Not to mention the EPF that showed up in season 2 finale, and there is optimism with Bishop showing up.
Okay, let me double-check my source and get back to ya. They're usually right about this stuff, of course I'm sure even they could be wrong.
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 04:21 AM   #1758
Ninturtle
Mad Scientist
 
Ninturtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Has Ciro directly come out and said he's not a fan of 80s TMNT?

I know he greatly prefers the Mirage Comics to the OT, but never heard him come out and say he didn't like them because I've heard him say he watched the show growing up. He probably is just like many that enjoyed the show as a kid, but as he grew up realized just how cheesy it was.
He didn't like the 87 show when he was a kid he thought it was too different from the original tmnt comics . As an adult he had an appreciation of the show . I think he said this in an interview .
Ninturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:04 AM   #1759
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,813
The Hun they're using is Hun in, "name only."

He's a skinny Asian kid with black hair and sunglasses. How on earth is that anything like Hun? Even IDW kept Hun's design similar to the 4kids version.

They might as well have called him, "Akira" in this show and nobody would make the connection to an old character.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 07:19 AM   #1760
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
I'm just glad Hun is in the show at all. So far we have him and the Earth Protection Force from the 2k3 show. It's not that I think the staff hates the 2k3 series, I'm just annoyed with Viacom's lack of recent merchandise for it.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nick, season 3 official info


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.