![]() |
|
|
#1241 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
bebop and rocksteady had painted teeth so Playmates has no excuse why they didn't paint Stockman's Also how do you paint his hair blk but miss his mustache.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1242 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
Quote:
Rocksteady's second horn was also not painted. And both rocksteady and baxter fly feature 6 points of articulation.... I think they are on par in terms of quality. which is decent especially since Playmates' last wave was that disappointing Mystic Turtles. I would get Baxter Fly. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1243 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
Quote:
Edit: Powder got to it first Last edited by Ninturtle; 03-12-2015 at 05:53 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1244 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: In an apartment
Posts: 3,159
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1245 |
|
Ninjutsu Master
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 6,418
|
Got baxter fly today. My issues with the paint and limited articulation on most figures are well documented so I'll just talk about what I *do* like.
-Sculpt is really good especially the head. Captures him so very well. -Love the ball jointed head, you can get some really good range of motion out of it. Most of these 2012 figures you can move the head left or right but very little side to side or up/down, but baxter has one of the best articulated heads of any figure in this line. -Great painted eyes, it captures that insect look very well -The wings also articulate very well because they are on ball joints too. the joints are pretty stiff so the wings don't fall down, they hold their place well and I really like that. I also like the transparent plastic they are made out of. -I like the chocolate bar baxter comes with. you could easily give it to one of the turtles, it makes a nice prop. It's just too bad the issues we're all aware of with this line hold it back from being a truly great figure because the potential is DEFINITELY there. One of the best villain figs. I recommend seeking him out. Best villain figures to-date from my POV: #1 Shredder 2 #2 Tiger Claw #3 Newtralizer #4 Baxter Fly I hope Mondo Gecko and Muckman turn out well. Last edited by Zulithe; 03-12-2015 at 02:23 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1246 | |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
Quote:
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1247 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2014
Location: Earth
Posts: 1,534
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1248 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
I'm probably gonna regret this, but does anyone have a fully painted Baxter Fly so i can see where the mustache is?
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1249 | |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
Quote:
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1250 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
Quote:
Last edited by Spidergreg; 03-30-2018 at 07:41 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1251 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
What a sad list.... non of those in your list have elbow joints.
Last edited by Spidergreg; 03-30-2018 at 03:52 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1252 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
|
Quote:
![]() I missed the tash first time around. Last edited by DVD; 03-13-2015 at 02:51 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1253 | |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1254 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Shanghai
Posts: 2,066
|
Haha! Yup. I could not do that.
My mates an art teacher. He did it. He's doing the Mystics as well. He arranged the right paints for me and plans are that he will teach me how to do the mixing. This Baxter is an awesome figure. Zulithe hit the nail on the head; it's a great sculpt. I've liked it from day one. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1255 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 1,019
|
I've been collecting all of the Nick stuff so far, but if they don't stop releasing turtles with unpainted foot wraps, hand wraps, etc, then I am out. I can understand something as small as Baxter's mustache, or other tiny details, but those wraps are pretty major. I am quite good at painting myself, but I shouldn't have to! This is unacceptable.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1256 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 273
|
I may be ignorant when it comes to painting figures since I have never done so but I would assume that painting smaller areas of a figure would be more difficult and time consuming. If that's true then it completely baffles me that Playmates will not paint the feet or hand and arm wraps on the turtles especially considering that those are fairly large areas and would not be difficult or time consuming to paint. Plus, leaving them unpainted makes the figures look even more cheap and unfinished (which they are).
It's this kind of lack of quality that is really making me interested in figure customization. Particularly figure painting.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1257 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,168
|
Got Baxter Fly today and I think its a good figure. It looks like all of Playmates Paint budget went to the wings and eyes as they look fantastic. I notice his Candy Bar doesn't stay in his hands well.
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-14-2015 at 11:03 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#1258 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Anaheim
Posts: 701
|
speaking of props, Marvel Legends Infinite Spidey's pizza slice fits nicely in turtle hands.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1259 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Posts: 1,423
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#1260 |
|
Thug
![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 95
|
Took a quick pass at the headdrops. Leos handwraps aren't painted since my paint doesn't quiiite match the wrists.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|