![]() |
|
|
#121 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
|
So, the Turtles would've taken over the Technodrome? That'd be pretty cool, leading to a completely different series in many aspects. It would give a reason for Donnie to become such a genius with alien tech, not just magically understanding it all. A better means to dig into Dimension X more deeply, among many other things.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#122 |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Looking back, that android body design for Krang was TERRIBLE. Red undies? Who does Krang think he is, Superman?
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
#123 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
Although I wish/hope IDW goes this route now that General Krang has been defeated...
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#124 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Independence, Louisiana
Posts: 1,124
|
Laird loves his a sci-fi and his superheroes as evidenced in his Volume 4, your think he would've loved it. Even the 4Kids series had the Turtle Lair decked out in all kinds of alien tech for much of the series, and he had all kinds of input in that series.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#125 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 1,715
|
I find it funny E&L created the characters, yet Pete seems to dislike them so much.
I'm going to say this, about the idea of including Bebop and Rocksteady in any serious version of TMNT film that might come out (not that the bay films are serious) ... well, the argument against it is all but dead now. These two have cemented themselves as the most popular and most used Shredder henchmen in the overall TMNT lore. The two comedic and bumbling goofs are only to be found in Archie and Fred Wolf. IDW has two giant and unstoppable killing machines that murdered an entire group of ninja without even breaking a sweat, while Nick has two cunning and deadly foes who are a serious threat to the tmnt. If someones whines about the 'they are nothing but bumbling goofs' now, well... that's not how the character are really portrayed anymore, is it? Besides, I think the IDW versions could even mow through the big, bulletproof Bay turtles without breaking a sweat, ethier.
__________________
My TMNT fanfic: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1266176...n-a-Half-Shell IDW is the best version of TMNT If they make a TMNT reboot movie retelling the shredder battle/origin, I won't buy a ticket. |
|
|
|
|
|
#126 | ||
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
![]() Quote:
Whereas Kevin has always been down for whatever (with varying success, as history has shown us). Honestly, I think if it weren't for Kevin Eastman, TMNT would never have become a world-recognized brand. Nor would it still be around today.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#127 | ||||
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
|
Quote:
Partly because he's was involved in the '87 show early on albeit in a very tertiary before he and Kevin were pushed out. While his dislike of the '87 show is well known when he actually talks about it beyond a sentence or two it isn't quite as negative about it as you'd think. He's expressed liking aspects of it such as Baxter as a fly and the Technodrome and he recently said about the show that it "started out strong but quickly (to my mind, anyway) devolved into a show which featured ludicrous slapstick and recycled plots." That's hardly a damning statement in fact I think that's an opinion shared by many fans of the show itself. He has commented on what he's seen of the Nick show which generally positive if not glowingly so and some more mixed opinions on the IDW series. I suspect he has seen the new movie but doesn't want to comment on it out of concern of the inevitable storm it would cause. The image of Laird is very much the guy who hates everything TMNT but the stuff he was involved in although it's probably more accurate to say he has varying opinions on everything TMNT including the stuff he was involved in. To put this into perspective he's actually criticized some of his own work and actually likes Coming Out of Our Shells. Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Peter and Kevin both allowed TMNT be licensed out for toys, animation, merchandise and movies. Never once have we ever gotten the impression that Peter was reluctant in that or that Kevin was more eager to go mainstream. I think there's a certain amount of evidence to show Peter was eager to be involved even though he would grow disgruntled with the lack of input. Let's not forget Laird presided over bringing TMNT back with the '03 which was successful enough to revive interest in the franchise for a big company to actually want to buy it. Kevin didn't show as much interest bar the Next Mutation and not it's not like he can really claim any major part of any success (or failure) of the current output. He just endorses it. If he had a creative stake in it I think we'd be getting something quite different. Last edited by Galactus; 05-08-2015 at 03:35 PM. |
||||
|
|
|
|
|
#128 | |
|
Annalist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
|
Quote:
I freely admit I'm barely familiar with TMNTA at all, and I haven't seen Laird ever say anything about the Nick cartoon or IDW comics except to say things along the line of "I don't really watch/read it but I'm glad people are enjoying it." And as for the movie, well... ![]() I do think it's accurate to say that, since the Fred Wolf cartoon, Laird has not ever endorsed a version of TMNT that he did not directly have a hand in. Whereas Kevin seems to have endorsed everything, ranging from the great (IDW and, according to you guys who watch it, Nick) to the pretty lousy (2014 movie). Thanks for the perspective! You've made a lot of good points, and I appreciate it!
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#129 |
|
Lord of Cinder
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
|
I feel like Bebop and Rocksteady's screentime depends on A. the budget and B. whether or not Krang is in it.
To be fair, TMNT 1 did give us more Turtles than the Transformers movies give us Transformers, and they had a budget of $125 million, which is quite low. Obviously they're not going to have Megan Fox reduced to a secondary character, so I'm hoping they'll give us a happy combo of both. I'd rather have to deal with Megan Fox and the Turtles than her without the Turtles. But let's say Krang's in this film, I have a feeling their appearance would be like the secondary antagonists they were in Blue Door. If not, I'm 93% sure that they'll be shoehorned into the final act of the movie, either as the final battle or the penultimate battle. |
|
|
|
|
|
#130 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
|
Kevin eastman has his turtles fallout..alot of people seem to forget that...remember he sold all his shares and his entire turtles collection...there is a reason...he may never admit it but i wouldn't be surprised if their was some bitterness involved or some just not caring anymore
i mean i cant say its a fact but when i first met him in North Hampton at words & pictures around 95 or 96...sure he had turtles stuff but he was Pushing Heavy Metal more sure now he is back in turtles Mania but i feel for a while he wanted out too
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me. ![]() ![]() https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle Last edited by The Boston Ninja Turtle; 05-07-2015 at 07:48 PM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| rocksteady & bebop, tmnt 2 |
|
|