The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > 4Kids TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #421
THGhost
Puppet Master
 
THGhost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: UK
Posts: 2,825
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Which region are your "season 1, the first half of season 3 and Turtles Forever"?

Actually I'd prefer to sell both Box 1 & 2 as a bundle, it saves a lot on combined shipping, plus the buyer gets a consistent set of complete season 3 with the same region code. Probably asking for $30 which was around the price I got them. As for shipping, I usually ask family or friends who are travelling to the destination country anyway, to carry along the DVD and post it from there. Again, it saves a lot and minimizes the risk associated with international shipping (customs can be annoying sometimes).
Season 1 is region 1, first half season 3 is region 4 (but plays on my region 2 PS3/PS4 just fine, and is the same Box 1 that you have) and Turtles Forever is region 2. I just need Box 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Most computer DVD drives should work fine too (some allow you to change the region code in the drive settings)
Yep. I changed mine to region 1 long ago and never looked back.
__________________
-
-
-

1990 > OotS > TMNT 2014 > Turtles Forever > TMNT III > SotO > TMNT 2007

"Can't we all just get along?" - pennydreadful

"...bitchy people are what make fan forums insufferable when they don't need to be." - B-Man

"Act like freakin' adults for goodness sake." - Jester

"Tough guys with tiny voices." - Commenter 42
THGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 09:13 AM   #422
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by THGhost View Post
Season 1 is region 1, first half season 3 is region 4 (but plays on my region 2 PS3/PS4 just fine, and is the same Box 1 that you have) and Turtles Forever is region 2. I just need Box 2.
Let's discuss in PM
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 12:25 PM   #423
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
I got my Vol 1-8 today in the mail. So now I will start watching this series tonight. So far I've only seen half of season 4 and the beginning of Ninja Tribunal. I started watching them late on Nick. Wish they had kept showing them.

So I decided to start tracking them down however I'm being patient and cheap knowing that they keep releasing more. I've been averaging about 5-8 dollars a DVD and the most I paid was $15 for season 4.

Right now I'm down to finding Vol 12,13,14, Michelangelo's Christmas, Alien invasion, Turtles Against H.A.T.E. and Ninja Tribunal. I'm going to hold off on those last two since Ninja Tribunal has been going for 60-70 and I can't even find Turtles Against H.A.T.E. Hopefully those two get released again or I get lucky.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 11:45 AM   #424
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
I pointed this out in another thread, but I thought it was worth mentioning again here, since this is an "availability" thread. The new releases were "delayed" today and Amazon have stated that there is no known time frame for them coming in stock. I am worried they have been cancelled altogether.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 12:14 PM   #425
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Has anyone heard anything about the DVD releases for the 2k3 series that were meant to come out, but have been delayed? Are they still coming?
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:18 PM   #426
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Can't help but wonder if sales weren't very good on the previous stupid little "volumes" causing them to cancel production.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:31 PM   #427
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
Annalist
 
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 16,435
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Can't help but wonder if sales weren't very good on the previous stupid little "volumes" causing them to cancel production.
Some of us did predict that would happen: Nick would release these pitiful little 3-episode out-of-order random-ass DVDs, nobody would buy them, Nick would woefully decide "There's no market!" and the DVDs would quietly shuffle off the mortal coil... thus, leading to NO SEASON SETS.

Sorry, Cubed, but I don't think you can deny this scenario seems increasingly more likely.
__________________
ALL THEIR DAYS ARE NUMBERED
CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2015, 01:43 PM   #428
Danetello
Stone Warrior
 
Danetello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Florida
Posts: 571
Sadly I think this is also the case, but I was hoping that enough fans would buy them in support of the show that this wouldn't happen :/ I actually wanted them, regardless, and am disappointed now that they aren't coming. Even if they did only have three episodes.
__________________
Dan.
Check out all of my TMNT reviews here!


Danetello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 01:09 PM   #429
dp1230
Random Punk
 
dp1230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Lake Orion, MI
Posts: 40
Found the Search for Splinter DVD at Walmart for $5 so I picked it up.

I was hoping to wait for season sets, but that is seeming less likely to happen. Hopefully they at least show seasons 5-7 on Nick Toons. I bought the first 2 seasons on iTunes and currently have seasons 3-4 saved on my DVR. Me and my son just finished season 4 and want to see what happens, but not paying the crazy prices for the Ninja Tribunal DVD.
dp1230 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 09:29 PM   #430
Diorm
Hench Mutant
 
Diorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Québec
Posts: 460
Try the season 5 from another region. that's what I did.
Diorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:55 AM   #431
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
I ended up finding the whole set minus the Christmas dvd on ebay. got them all for 209 which I thought was a steal. Now I just need to sell the ones I already had.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 11:30 PM   #432
TLP
Hench Mutant
 
TLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 263
Right now, I think it's impossible for me to even get Australian imports of both Back to the Sewer volumes.

Also, the Region 2 version of Turtles Forever doesn't ship to the States, even if I attempt to get it off of Amazon.uk. Bummer...
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #433
Ducard
New Recruit
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post
Right now, I think it's impossible for me to even get Australian imports of both Back to the Sewer volumes.

Also, the Region 2 version of Turtles Forever doesn't ship to the States, even if I attempt to get it off of Amazon.uk. Bummer...
Seems you're in luck, it actually says on this page that you can ship to the US. I just ordered a few movies from Amazon.uk with an American debit card and it was a fairly simple process.

Also, just curious, have you all heard of VLC player? It's a free program that plays DVD's from different regions, and it's what I use to watch my copy of Turtles Forever. Really convenient for this sort of thing.
Ducard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #434
TLP
Hench Mutant
 
TLP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducard View Post
Seems you're in luck, it actually says on this page that you can ship to the US. I just ordered a few movies from Amazon.uk with an American debit card and it was a fairly simple process.

Also, just curious, have you all heard of VLC player? It's a free program that plays DVD's from different regions, and it's what I use to watch my copy of Turtles Forever. Really convenient for this sort of thing.


Thanks! I appreciate it!
TLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:22 PM   #435
Longview01
Foot Soldier
 
Longview01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 202
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLP View Post
If you have problems let me know and I can get a copy and send it over and you just cover the costs
__________________
Longview01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:36 AM   #436
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Finally completed my Region-1 DVD collection after getting my hands on Turtles Against H.A.T.E. today

http://i.imgur.com/B2SDkQQ.jpg

I really need to fix Raph's face
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
So, I'll stick with what I have for now until I figure out how to reprint the cover myself, as soon as I have access to a good color laser printer. Stay tuned!
Alright, it took me an entire year but I've finally reprinted the cover of Season 1 Volume 5 with the correct Raph's face. Thanks to Longview01 for providing the cover scan!

I used 135gsm glossy paper and a color laser printer for the job. The first copy I printed turned out too dark, so I tweaked the brightness and printed a second copy, although I still couldn't quite replicate the same color as the original cover (eg. Mikey's skin tone):



Anyway, enough toner was spent; so I just settled with the brighter copy I have

Here is the end result:



Meh, close enough for me. Not all the other covers have perfect color tones anyway

P/S: some new additions to my collection: 90's TMNT Triple Feature Bluray, Complete Nick series DVDs, and the rare 2003 Season 2 Part 2 which I traded with TLP with my spare copy of Turtles Against H.A.T.E. after getting to know he also had a spare copy of the equally rare S2P2 (seriously, what are the odds? )
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 08:46 AM   #437
ABrown
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Looks like a little slice of TMNT heaven right there.
ABrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:15 AM   #438
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Alright, it took me an entire year but I've finally reprinted the cover of Season 1 Volume 5 with the correct Raph's face. Thanks to Longview01 for providing the cover scan!

I used 135gsm glossy paper and a color laser printer for the job. The first copy I printed turned out too dark, so I tweaked the brightness and printed a second copy, although I still couldn't quite replicate the same color as the original cover (eg. Mikey's skin tone):

http://i.imgur.com/I5WIYHq.jpg

Anyway, enough toner was spent; so I just settled with the brighter copy I have

Here is the end result:

http://i.imgur.com/J9WwhsZ.jpg

Meh, close enough for me. Not all the other covers have perfect color tones anyway

P/S: some new additions to my collection: 90's TMNT Triple Feature Bluray, Complete Nick series DVDs, and the rare 2003 Season 2 Part 2 which I traded with TLP with my spare copy of Turtles Against H.A.T.E. after getting to know he also had a spare copy of the equally rare S2P2 (seriously, what are the odds? )
What are the DVDs between Fast Forward and TF?

Also are you interested in making another one of those covers? I will buy one.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #439
evan2000
Stone Warrior
 
evan2000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Malaysia
Posts: 858
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABrown View Post
Looks like a little slice of TMNT heaven right there.
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
What are the DVDs between Fast Forward and TF?
The Season 7 (Back to the Sewers) Region-4 DVDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak The Neutrino View Post
Also are you interested in making another one of those covers? I will buy one.
I'm not living in US, so it would be easier if I just send you the PNG (or PDF) that I use to print the cover, and you can get a local printing shop to print it for you.
__________________
evan2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:00 AM   #440
Zak The Neutrino
Stone Warrior
 
Zak The Neutrino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: WI
Posts: 654
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan2000 View Post
Thanks!



The Season 7 (Back to the Sewers) Region-4 DVDs



I'm not living in US, so it would be easier if I just send you the PNG (or PDF) that I use to print the cover, and you can get a local printing shop to print it for you.
That's why I didn't recognize them. If I remember correctly those were never released here.

I didn't even notice you were not in the US. Yeah if you could send the image that would be awesome! I would love to fix my set as well.
Zak The Neutrino is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dvd, dvd releases


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.