![]() |
|
|
#41 |
|
Yukipedia
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,723
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#42 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Republic of Ireland
Posts: 1,597
|
Didn't realise it was the 29th anniversary
__________________
Donatello: The tracker! It might work. *Donatello goes to the back of the Turtle Van* Raphael: Shrewd move, Donatello. If we ignore the problem, it might go away by itself. (from The Mean Machines) |
|
|
|
|
|
#43 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, Washington
Posts: 702
|
Oh yeah it did premiere in Dec. 1987 didn't it! I was a mere 7 years old back then. I don't think I first saw it till 1988 or 1989, but I forget.
__________________
"Look I'm not gonna stop doing what's right just because it's not appreciated." -Leo
|
|
|
|
|
|
#44 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,831
|
Nope. I was just watching the Phineas and Ferb "Mission Marvel" episode today. And I was thinking to myself: THIS is what Nick's TMNT should be. Nickelodeon does fun a lot better than it does serious. They should stick to their strengths.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#45 |
|
That whack job behind you
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
|
As much as I love the original cartoon, there were a lot of problems with it; Continuity blunders, animation errors up the rear end and don't even get me started on the replacement voice acting in the later years. Still, it had potential. David Wise did some of the best episodes, especially in season 7. I wish he had continued to do the show in season 9 instead of handing it over to whoever the hell thought Dregg and Carter were good ideas.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#46 |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
|
as i recall..
the animation switch over was to compete with batman. and dregg and carter where ideas of some cbs executive. my guess is they whre trying to drive away viewers, and it almost worked in my case. bad animation, annoying new hero who was useless.....power rangerl ike villain.. tmnt was cbs's only animated show at that point. but even that couldn't kill it. |
|
|
|
|
|
#47 | |
|
Mutant Tiger
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,161
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#48 |
|
I Married a Duck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: The bowels of Hell, Texas(otherwise known as Decatur)
Posts: 8,773
|
Mondo wasn't a retcon though. He was an ADDITION to the origin, one that could easily have been there all along, but was simply not known until Michelangelo's dream. Mondo was taken before Splinter found the turtles in the mutagen. The only real question was why they were not taken as well.
__________________
"You IDIOTS! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -from "Spaceballs" "Where Science ends, magic begins." -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491 My various stories and fan-fics are now here- https://m.fanfiction.net/u/4770494/#end |
|
|
|
|
|
#49 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#50 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
|
I have a theory. Pretty much everyone outgrew or simply tired of FW TMNT, ratings dropped and toy sales were down, so they panicked, uprooted a lot of the old guard (David Wise, etc.) and tried to do... something new. Largely inspired by the other things out there that were working for kids (Power Rangers and so on).
I'm not sure why that's so hard to fathom.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#51 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,804
|
The original cartoon aired over the course of 10 years. Of course the earliest kids would have already been teenagers by the time it was halfway through. And being in the 90's most teens at the time didn't watch cartoons, people were told to outgrow cartoons and videogames back then.
Its a lot different than today, where many adults do still watch cartoons and play videogames. Its so weird to see how different things are from the 90's, where back then people were told to leave comics, cartoons and videogames behind....and now all the current 20-30 year adults still love this stuff and never dropped it. I guess society has changed. Now we can embrace being manchildren. |
|
|
|
|
|
#52 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#53 | |
|
Big, Bad & Bold
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
|
Quote:
__________________
![]() Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020 TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0 Visit My Wish List: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904 My Collection: http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276 |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#54 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,040
|
Quote:
But I wonder when the ratings dropped? Any ideas of when that happened? Was it during season 7 or had the ratings already been dropping for a while by that point? Considering how they produced 3 (albeit short) seasons after season 7, I'm willing to bet the ratings dropped before season 7. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#55 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Minnedosa, MB Canada
Posts: 772
|
IMO (and I'm sure here were reasons for this), it had to do with the fact that Season 4 was a full 13 week/26 episode season but Seasons 5-7 were shorter and used older episodes to run out the time. That got old quick.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#56 | ||||
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
|
Quote:
I have never heard anyone refer to the 4Kids series as 'wacky and campy'. The 4Kids series from what I've seen is all about the seriousness. Please explain, I'm curious. Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
#57 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
I guess those saying that only know the 1987–1996 animated TV-series and the 1988–1996 Archie TMNT Adventures comics, juding everything after that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#58 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,412
|
Because every moment that could be remotely construed as "serious" is counterbalanced by tons of camp characters and/or vehicles and slapstick and inherent goofiness.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#59 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 10,480
|
At least, 30 this year and in 2018, the Archie TMNT Adventures will celebrate 30 too!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#60 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 2,514
|
The one thing that always puts me off slightly about the 2003 series is whenever we get a battle sequence the show has to go into widescreen. It's totally unnecessary and I find it cheesy.
|
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|