![]() |
|
|
#641 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#642 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
|
I really don’t care what color they make April in this movie or any other continuities because I don’t think every turtle story has to be the same. I think the worst thing about the trailer was the dumb over talking humor. I did see comictropes post a tweet that read:
“ Apparently the TMNT trailer has triggered some racists who aren't aware that April was originally black.” That makes me mad just because it’s completely untrue and just a headline for the sake of causing twitter drama. Kevin giving her the name April doesn’t make her black and neither does giving her black curly hair. If Peter was the character designer on issue 2, which has been well established, and he decided to make her white And of a European decent then she was always white. Issue 32 isn’t in regular continuity. As I said I don’t care what they make her, but don’t use Tmnt as a way to start some annoying twitter crusade. I think it’s weird to try and say a character is a certain race because they have a certain hair style. Look at the self portraits of Kevin Eastman back then. His hair looks like Eriq La Salle in Coming to America. |
|
|
|
|
|
#643 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
|
I am curious if there would be backlash against that. Usually no one is supposed to care another whiteboy got racebent, but an Asian woman? Hmmm
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ |
|
|
|
|
|
#644 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
|
The only thing that needs to be said:
If a character started out as black, would ANYONE be saying the things that people always say about white characters? "White isn't an identity." "It's okay to switch out white people." 'We need more diversity." "White people have had the spotlight long enough." And so on and so on. Switch all those out with black or asian or indian or whatever. Would ANYONE be okay with that? No they F**cking wouldn't be. Racisim is racism, but for some reason it's totally okay to continually make racist and derogitory statements about white people all the time. If it would be "problematic" or "racist" to swap out a black character, then it's equally problematic to swap out any other character. |
|
|
|
|
|
#645 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 142
|
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#646 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,379
|
Mumble mumble, bigotry, right side of history, etc.. Yes, yes.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#647 | |
|
The Party Dudette
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
|
Quote:
![]() Sure. Okay.
__________________
Cowabunga
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#648 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
Quote:
It's a lose/lose situation. White April will now be viewed as racist since black April can't be reverted. Now April is "claimed" as black. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#649 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,379
|
"Free your mind And the rest will follow Be colour-blind Don't be so shallow Free your mind And the rest will follow Be colour-blind Don't be so shallow" The song wouldn't exist today. Or if it did, it would be decried by these lunatics.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#650 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
|
Quote:
Don't let the non-existant door hit you on the way out. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#651 | |||
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
|
Quote:
Their beliefs, obviously, don't make sense and basically the same **** Nazis are thinking about Jews or any other racist group is thinking about their "target". Quote:
But, of course, wanting quality instead of ideological pandering is a horrible act of "oppression", LOL. Also, stop with this "right side of history crap" - you are not on the right side of history. You are like screaming from bushes next to the side of the road and you will be forgotten, when the next thing will become "in". And just advice for the future: if you don't want "negativity" stop sowing it everywhere you go. This political divide is a result of your "right side of history" ruining and ******** on everything in its path, like locusts and parasites. Touch some grass and self-reflect. Quote:
Can you make up some new arguments instead of regurgitated word diarhea no-one take seriously anymore? Aren't you late for a commie meeting or something? |
|||
|
|
|
|
|
#652 | |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
|
Quote:
Also, Papenbrook always posts her own triggered thoughts on a lot of controversial topics on these forums so irony is striking hot here. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#653 | |
|
Banned
![]() Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
|
Quote:
Or just leaving. Quite some time I saw this as a good alternative, like why I should care about franchise, which ha become garbage? But later I figured out, that leaving is basically giving it up to the people who makes and likes this garbage. Its like leaving your home at the mercy of a tyrant. Nowadays, I think, it is better and fight, even it is basically reminding people that TMNT once had some good stuff, as opposed to whatever it has become nowadays. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#654 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
I'm honestly scared one of the Turtles might be gay. Like it won't be "full" gay, but they'll throw in some "hints" that one of the Turtles is more into guys or something. It's only a matter of time.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#655 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
|
Quote:
Next time try leaving your self righteous politics at the door. Such a shame that even the Turtles aren't safe from wokeness.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU." Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/ I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/ Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-08-2023 at 08:02 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#656 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 681
|
Am I the only white person here that doesn't care if April is black? It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. What does bother me is Donnie's voice sounding like little Bill from Nick Jr. and Raph's bandana going over the top of his head. As long as April has a cool personality I'm good.
Last edited by Mad Dog McMutt; 03-08-2023 at 08:27 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#657 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,019
|
I don't... But I do find it odd that they chose to seemingly combine her design with the Garbageman. Maybe they're finally going to do that long lost twin story with Hun?
__________________
Hahahaha! Last edited by neatoman; 03-08-2023 at 08:36 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#658 |
|
On the beat!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
|
I hesitated to weigh in on the discussion, and may just regret doing so, but, against my better judgement, here goes.
It seems the biggest argument that I'm seeing for changing April's race is "why is it such a big deal?" I guess I'd answer that by saying: if it's not a big deal to change it, then it's probably not a big deal to just... leave it alone.
__________________
"You're still news!" |
|
|
|
|
|
#659 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#660 |
|
Hellblazer
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
|
Stop obsessing about this cubed its unhealthy
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons. Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-08-2023 at 09:13 AM. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| april, april o'neil, curious (black), cybercubedtheracist, dc comics, everything is racist, im offended, mirage, plastroncuckold, racist |
|
|