The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

View Poll Results: Did you enjoy TMNT?
A+ this was an awesome movie 87 41.63%
A It was really good 64 30.62%
B pretty good movie 43 20.57%
C eh it is ok but I like the older ones better 8 3.83%
D Disapointing I didn't really think it was all good 3 1.44%
E Terrible. Disgusting. worst movie of 2007 3 1.44%
I am not going to see this movie. Don't like CGI or ninja turtles. 1 0.48%
Voters: 209. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #221
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Zarius is right...you say that the TMNT and General animation was good, the environments were "great" but over all the CGI sucked and you hate it. How does that work? You've basically said the only thing you "hate" is the human character designs. The Human CGI is only 1/3 of the movie, how can 1/3 be "overall"?
I'm sorry my sophisticated opinions are too complicated for you.
the movie being CGI means NOTHING is real or actually happened. No one in turtle suits performed actual martial arts moves. No one actually did skateboards. THAT's why it's hard to get into it.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #222
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
As far as a grade goes, since that's what the poll that I already voted in is about, I'll give it a B-. Pretty good movie but the older ones were better. Who knows how good this movie could have been had it not been CGI.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:09 PM   #223
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
I'm sorry my sophisticated opinions are too complicated for you.
the movie being CGI means NOTHING is real or actually happened. No one in turtle suits performed actual martial arts moves. No one actually did skateboards. THAT's why it's hard to get into it.
"No one actually did (anything)" WTF?! Hello?! It's a movie just like the old ones! NONE OF THEM ARE REAL! WHAT A DUMBASS!!!

And you call yourself sophisticated?! Bull!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:10 PM   #224
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,366
Especially since the rooftop scene between Leo and Raph was one of the most reallistic moments in ANY animated CGI movie.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:15 PM   #225
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Especially since the rooftop scene between Leo and Raph was one of the most reallistic moments in ANY animated CGI movie.
I don't know, Zarius. There were those two raindrops that didn't splash off Raph's cranium in a way that was consistent with their vector gradients. That just ruined the whole scene.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:16 PM   #226
Mr. Snackpants
Keep cool my babies!
 
Mr. Snackpants's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Mount Pleasant
Posts: 2,239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Your point? He did'nt have the resources obviously to track and cage those demons for a while. Immortality does'nt buy you class

Sorry for getting tempered, it's just the character of Winters had a good twist, one of the best in the movie

Putrascent...'shipper means "fans who worship a certain romantic couple implied or established in a television series"
It's just "immortality" is kinda out there. Combined with all the stars aligning...you know. I guess it's just a personal preference.

But I agree Winters is a good character regardless.
Mr. Snackpants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #227
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
I don't know, Zarius. There were those two raindrops that didn't splash off Raph's cranium in a way that was consistent with their vector gradients. That just ruined the whole scene.


Okay. That had me rolling for at least 45 seconds.
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #228
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iris
I don't know, Zarius. There were those two raindrops that didn't splash off Raph's cranium in a way that was consistent with their vector gradients. That just ruined the whole scene.
Iris, are you being a smart ass?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:17 PM   #229
Kunoichi_Haruko
A shell of a good hit!
 
Kunoichi_Haruko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Richmond, Va.
Posts: 1,685
I should've popped her on the wrist, right Jester?
__________________
Kunoichi_Haruko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:18 PM   #230
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Your point? He did'nt have the resources obviously to track and cage those demons for a while. Immortality does'nt buy you class

Sorry for getting tempered, it's just the character of Winters had a good twist, one of the best in the movie

Putrascent...'shipper means "fans who worship a certain romantic couple implied or established in a television series"
I agree I liked winters more than anyone in the movie just wish he and the generals had more screen time I mean seriously they could have made 2 movies out of this one lol.
oh ic never heard that before was thinking it had to do with fans who are obsessed with seing humans sleep with mutants or animals or something. Ick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Especially since the rooftop scene between Leo and Raph was one of the most reallistic moments in ANY animated CGI movie.
EVER! fTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Iris, are you being a smart ass?
what you'd want a dumbass?
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #231
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
I don't know, Zarius. There were those two raindrops that didn't splash off Raph's cranium in a way that was consistent with their vector gradients. That just ruined the whole scene.
I'm pretty sure the whole humans looking like freaks was a little more disjarring than raindrops.
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:19 PM   #232
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
I'm pretty sure the whole humans looking like freaks was a little more disjarring than raindrops.
"It looked liked your mom dude"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #233
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I agree I liked winters more than anyone in the movie just wish he and the generals had more screen time I mean seriously they could have made 2 movies out of this one lol.
oh ic never heard that before was thinking it had to do with fans who are obsessed with seing humans sleep with mutants or animals or something. Ick!
Close, the term for that is "Furries"
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:22 PM   #234
blueoakleyz
Foot Soldier
 
blueoakleyz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerfootw View Post
"No one actually did (anything)" WTF?! Hello?! It's a movie just like the old ones! NONE OF THEM ARE REAL! WHAT A DUMBASS!!!

And you call yourself sophisticated?! Bull!
My god sometimes it really grates at me when people can't understand what I'm talking about just because they are a tad bit complex.

Listen, in the old movies, there are REAL people doing REAL martial arts/stunts/action. They aren't usually hurting each other but they make the illusion they are. Of course that's what a movie is about, making an illusion. You can SEE with your own eyes people doing the moves, so in your imagination you have no reason to believe it isn't actually happening. In a cartoon, where no one is actually doing anything, it works if you need to move the story along but to showcase martial arts or skateboarding skill, it makes no sense. It's like "Why am I supposed to be impressed by some guys skills with a mouse and a computer??"
__________________
Officially did not like the new TMNT movie. Just say no to CGI. I feel as if after watching this movie my beloved franchise of 20 years has been killed for good. Farewell TMNT, I love you.
blueoakleyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:25 PM   #235
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
Close, the term for that is "Furries"
I thought those where people who dressed up in the costumes or are those plushies...oh my to many freaks in the club for me lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
My god sometimes it really grates at me when people can't understand what I'm talking about just because they are a tad bit complex.

Listen, in the old movies, there are REAL people doing REAL martial arts/stunts/action. They aren't usually hurting each other but they make the illusion they are. Of course that's what a movie is about, making an illusion. You can SEE with your own eyes people doing the moves, so in your imagination you have no reason to believe it isn't actually happening. In a cartoon, where no one is actually doing anything, it works if you need to move the story along but to showcase martial arts or skateboarding skill, it makes no sense. It's like "Why am I supposed to be impressed by some guys skills with a mouse and a computer??"
well you better get used to it man those days are dead and gone!
COMPUTERS ARE THE FUTURE JOIIINE UUUSSS! IT'S BLIIIIIIISSSS
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:26 PM   #236
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz
Listen, in the old movies, there are REAL people doing REAL martial arts/stunts/action. They aren't usually hurting each other but they make the illusion they are. Of course that's what a movie is about, making an illusion. You can SEE with your own eyes people doing the moves, so in your imagination you have no reason to believe it isn't actually happening. In a cartoon, where no one is actually doing anything, it works if you need to move the story along but to showcase martial arts or skateboarding skill, it makes no sense. It's like "Why am I supposed to be impressed by some guys skills with a mouse and a computer??"
Then why did you ever watch the cartoons, or read the comics? None of that "really" happened now, did it? Same thing.

You're allowed to hate everything that isn't live-action, but that doesn't mean you need to bring this stuff up in every thread. What you're doing now is considered trolling, so I suggest you stop.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:29 PM   #237
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
Then why did you ever watch the cartoons, or read the comics? None of that "really" happened now, did it? Same thing.

You're allowed to hate everything that isn't live-action, but that doesn't mean you need to bring this stuff up in every thread. What you're doing now is considered trolling, so I suggest you stop.
I think it goes on both ends though peanut sure most of us loved the movie but as well all know be seeing the reviews out there not everyones gonna we're just gonna have to except it.

The best way to stop a flame war from happening in the first place is not to go down the same path as the person that started the fire.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #238
kerfootw
Hench Mutant
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 405
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueoakleyz View Post
My god sometimes it really grates at me when people can't understand what I'm talking about just because they are a tad bit complex.

Listen, in the old movies, there are REAL people doing REAL martial arts/stunts/action. They aren't usually hurting each other but they make the illusion they are. Of course that's what a movie is about, making an illusion. You can SEE with your own eyes people doing the moves, so in your imagination you have no reason to believe it isn't actually happening. In a cartoon, where no one is actually doing anything, it works if you need to move the story along but to showcase martial arts or skateboarding skill, it makes no sense. It's like "Why am I supposed to be impressed by some guys skills with a mouse and a computer??"
Then why don't you hate the old series?! It's a CARTOON! Nothing real is happening in it and it was made using a computer as well! Jesus Christ!
kerfootw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:31 PM   #239
Ralphmacchio
Thug
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 83
This film in life action would cost more money than Titanic. Films go the CGI route because it's not as expensive and you get more bang for your buck. 30 million dollars was the budget. That wouldn't even cover a third of a live action film of this scope.
Ralphmacchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:32 PM   #240
Peanut
Second Gear
 
Peanut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: The New World
Posts: 15,422
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putrescent View Post
I think it goes on both ends though peanut sure most of us loved the movie but as well all know be seeing the reviews out there not everyones gonna we're just gonna have to except it.

The best way to stop a flame war from happening in the first place is not to go down the same path as the person that started the fire.
Agreed. Which is a point I brought up earlier this week when several people were flaming for some of the bad early reviews. There is no doubt that's it a two-way street, and certainly, he is entitled to his opinion. No one can say otherwise. It is possible to be civil when relating a less-than-popular opinion, though. Which is where he seems to fail. You say your piece and move on, there's no need to drag it into more and more threads, especially when you know it's not going to do anything but incite flames.
Peanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.