![]() |
|
|
#121 | ||||
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
|
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The funny booths are the ones that act like they have every Manga, there's one at Katsucon where you walk into it and they got a LOT and I just looked at it from the outside and shook my head. The lady looked at me and said "You want to have a look" my reply was "I bet you don't have what I'm looking for though." She seemed shock and replied "Try me" and I brought up the TMNT Manga, she didn't even know there was any TMNT Mangas. So the search is still going to this day, I'm hoping to some day find a Manga Quote:
__________________
|
||||
|
|
|
|
|
#122 |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
Hmm... anyone interested in making a History of the TMNT film?
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#123 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
|
I would if I could, but I'm a broke recent college graduate.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#124 |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
iris talks a lot
Assuming people are willing to volunteer time and talent, there's actually a lot of work to be done before you start doing things that cost money, like flying people places and filming. You need a script, a location list, a shooting schedule, a management schedule, a budget (and you need someone who knows how to budget a film). You need people who can write, film, edit, voice (gee, I wonder who...?) You need to know what physical format you want, how long the film needs to be, and how long it will take to put all the pieces together.
That's a long list, but it's far from impossible. In my experience the limiting factor on any project is having someone who's willing to take the lead. Funding is a crapshoot... many indie filmmakers make films out of pocket... but hey a project like this has way more of a shot at funding than some upstart artist's man-eating chicken zombie flick. But unless people are interested, I'm just theorizing.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
#125 | |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Quote:
But OMG...all the new molds...WOW! There's a blue roan in that cool high rearing Silver mold, I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Last edited by Buslady; 05-13-2007 at 09:51 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#126 |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
I don't care...lol anybody who wants to rag on me, I just say "Shove it where the sun don't shine pal."
Yes that's my inner Raph speaking...
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#127 |
|
Second City Shinobi
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Chi-town
Posts: 4,182
|
Ivey, Buslady, you two are awesome. I don't think that either of you are scary or insane, because I'm sure that there are a lot of others that have just as big of fandoms as you do. I have a friend that collects Star Wars stuff and her parents even make costumes. When I watched this I thought of her and her extremely large collection which covers her room. I think what you do is great and the fact that you want to show other fans what you have is even better. I wouldn't call it bragging because they share it with others.Hell I've gotten a lot of S*it for liking the TMNT and drawing and you know what, it's never worth worrying over. Keep doing what you're doing because if you stop doing what you love because it doesn't appease people than you've let them walk over you, they win. Rock on ladies, rock on.
__________________
Some things are better left unsaid. This isn't one of them |
|
|
|
|
|
#128 |
|
Han Shot First
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paper Street Soap Company
Posts: 3,687
|
So that's where the Leo and Mike heads went.
both of you gals are awesome!
__________________
![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#129 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
|
Quote:
You know what, I'm going to have to get that Breyer now! That's a nice one. I've got about 150 Breyers now. And my shelf has collapsed twice now (what a pain in the ass!) But for the Turtle stuff I want. Mostly, it comes down to me working long hours and I cant get out and grab the stuff before someone else did. I wanted to collect the movie prequel comics, I only managed to get my paws on the Leonardo one! And the new toys! GONE! GONE! GONE! And I have a serious fear of ordering things online! So I'm screwed. Glad I still have my school folders that I got back in 1990! |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#130 | |
|
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#131 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,370
|
I'd have proposed it, but I'm very cautious about budget stuff. Heck, I was thinking something along the more basic lines of select fandom members each shooting "talking heads" videos interspread with scenes from all of the series compiled from DVDs, and pages of the comic, then have those videos all uploaded to the editor for the DVD, then trade away copies of the DVD with other things like toys and videos we're already trading etc.
An all-fan documentary would also provide a good means of helping push towards a more professional documentary in the future |
|
|
|
|
|
#132 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
|
It's human nature also that people fear what they don't understand. I could understand having a passing, non-associated view of Ivey, she could come off as a little extreme, or eccentric if you will, but she's by no means crazy. She's just got this great enthusiasm for all she does, and it's contagious when you're around her. She's an absolute blast to hang out with. She loves life; she loves the Turtles. Is that so wrong?
I've read through this thread about the talk of doing shows on the Turtles, and casting them and the fandom in this light and that light, and this just may be my opinion, but personally you're never going to win the masses in any form no matter what the focus of the fandom is. Whether it's a serious documentary, or not. There's always going to be someone out there that will still view you as "losers" for it. That's for anything; TMNT, horses, baseball, Star Wars. It's not something that can be changed. It's how society is. Normal? What's normal? Find me one person out there that they can say they're perfectly normal. Meaning no kind of hobbies, obsessions, etc.; basically no life at all. I will guarentee you that they're wishing they could be like everyone else. If you're that ashamed that you can't be yourself, enjoy it and share it with the whole world as Ivey is merely doing, then what the hell do you have any business doing here? Why are you even fans? I think, coming from a psychological POV, that the people saying she's scary and insane, that you're just jealous that she can do what you can't; that you're too afraid of doing. Just give what I said some thought. Somewhere in there I'm right on at least one thing.
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
#133 | |
|
moddy mod mod
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
|
Quote:
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ] |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#134 | |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,370
|
Quote:
Best counter-argument out there for those with no other alternate one, the one meant to intice, not to bring clarity to an already cival discussion. I find it pathetic I've been able to get along swimmingly with one of the people I've accused of being too obsessive in the show through this entire thread where as those with less brains and balls prefer to go into that beutifully limited catalouging of the people with an alternate opinion. Forgive us, not all of us live near Canadian cameras. How the f*ck you can sit there saying things that "we could'nt possibly do that", when 1. Some of us were pretty much unaware of it 2. Were'nt contacted by them, mostly because we don't have Ivey's media profile of radio interviews and television apperances. If I beleived in that inane boxing in of anyone, I'd say you and every other person going down this route are seeking an oppertunity to kiss somebody's ass
__________________
Spider-Man: The Rescue Spider-Man: The Galloping Cat Spider-Man: Scarlet Mirror Doctor Who: Child of the Daleks Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-13-2007 at 11:54 PM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#135 |
|
Mad Scientist
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: London, Canada
Posts: 1,349
|
I don't think anyone's jealous of anyone else here...I think we all just have diff opinions & that's what they are...opinions. We are allowed to have thoughts that differ & as long as they're not meant to hurt, who cares? I think Zarius made a good point. To give opinions civily only to have a "you're just jealous" argument given could inspire a lot of anger. We all love our turtles differently, which is what makes us unique
That being said, I would love to get a look at Buslady's & Ivey's collections up close...they definitely have some stuff I haven't seen for a long time or ever! Last edited by SassyGal; 05-14-2007 at 12:17 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
#136 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#137 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
|
Quote:
You know, you've got a lot of nerve. This is the reason why I've stopped posting here and degraded my status to merely lurking bordering on "why do I give a flying f*ck for this place" because I can't stand people who have a smartass comeback for everything, and think they're big and bad for it. It's an opinion. It's what you as an individual thinks of the situation. It's not meant to be either right or wrong. I said think, meaning I didn't know for a fact or was implying that I knew, but it seems some people around here forget that, or are too closed-minded and stuck far up their own where the sun don't shine with the "my way or the highway" view. I was only adding my two cents; my personal thoughts to the discussion. Maybe the rare hope of making someone say "hey, she makes some sense". It was not intended to bring about an argument. It's just to say "hey, this what I think", but apparently other's opinions are not welcomed here.
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#138 | |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,391
|
Quote:
Good grief, get a reality check.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#139 | ||
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,370
|
Quote:
Quote:
"Thinking" things is fine, thinking clearly with all of the facts in front of your face is another. You did'nt do that, you boxed us in with one infintile comment. I defended them, that's it. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#140 | |||
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
|
Quote:
You'd love that I would leave, but guess what? I'm not. I'm not going to be driven out by people like you. I'm made of tougher stuff than that. I can take what you dish out, and dish back twice as much. Quote:
Quote:
__________________
![]() ![]() ![]() |
|||
|
|
|
![]() |
|
|