The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 09:55 AM   #101
Sewer Bull
Devil's Advocate
 
Sewer Bull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 4,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTserbia View Post
Awesome.
What is even more awesome is that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNTserbia in his signature
BENVENUTO! QUICK! SOMEONE HAS FINALLY NOTICED YOU!
__________________

Soooo... THIS is how you spend your free time now?!
Sewer Bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #102
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewer Bull View Post
Ever heard of the last straw that broke the camel's back? It doesn't have to be a huge and long straw.


Too true. That's why I found it odd that a guy so meritorious and important to this place like you acts like that.
ITA. And "meritorious" is an awesome word.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #103
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
ITA. And "meritorious" is an awesome word.
You know I had exactly the same reaction! Meritorious.....

Quote:
Is it scary that I'm a collector wants to share what I get?
Is it scary that the TMNT helped me to read, since School was doing anything to help?
Is it scary that I live in a family who makes costumes, some of which (non TMNT) have won world contests and my dad's talents was for a TV series in Michigan and Ohio?
Is it scary that I like to hang out with other fans when they're in town?
Is it scary that I use to be hurt in school, but when I got in Karate the fighting stopped?
Or does someone who is different and keeps their collection out in the open scare you?
I honestly don't think there is anything scary here providing you maintain balance. And that's only because lacking balance isn't healthy. I think it's great you are so passionate. Having passion is great. Too many people in the world don't have passion and that is sad. My philosophy.... philosaphy... philosiphy..... sh*t how do you spell philosophy??? ahem.... my philosophy (?) is that providing you keep an equilibrium there is nothing you can't do. It's only when there is nothing else in your life that you should be worried.... and maybe get some therapy.

Last edited by jenna; 05-13-2007 at 10:34 AM.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:45 AM   #104
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Hehehe,

Well I feel I got a balance. I got a family life, a friend life, and my fandom. I use to work a lot till I got hurt, at the factory I was working 68 hours a week, and before that there was times I'd hold up to 3 jobs at a time. So it's not like I totally focus on Turtles.

Here's a fact about me that the shows never seem to talk about (because it makes me sound more normal I guess). Though I got friends who come over almost every weekend (or every other weekend) to hang out. They're not TMNT fans, though the collection is up on my room, we don't talk much about the Turtles, and we don't watch Turtles. We're anime fans, with Fullmetal Alchemist and Naurto being two of our topics that we do discuss a lot.

I know my fandom looks big, but it's a collection that hasn't stopped growing and really I'm proud of it. Though it's not like I went out and bought this stuff over night and talk about it all the time. It's just here, and a part of my life.

I agree balance is very important. And knowing what is reality and what isn't. To me my reality is that I am just a fan. I'm nothing more, I'm nothing special. I'm just a fan. Every fan is equal no matter the size of their collection or knowlege. In the show they tried to get me to state that I was the "Worlds largest TMNT fan" I had to debate this with them, because I don't believe I am, so we added in "one of" so that people can realize I don't see myself as the biggest fan.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:31 AM   #105
blue_angel99
Hench Mutant
 
blue_angel99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 382
Wow! Great show. Ivy and Buslady, you two were awesome. Thanks for sharing those moments of your lives. That takes a lot of courage and heart! (more than just being a faceless "fan" on net )

To Ivy: You're blessed to have parents that support you in your life. My mom is the same. She may not understand my life and decisions at times but she loves me anyways. I think thats awesome that you want to open a TMNT museum and share your super collection with people.

Question: What would it take for you to open one? Would you need permission from Laird or 4Kids?

To Buslady: Your son is so cool and your pet turtles are just so cute. I have one myself. Her name is Terri and she is a red slider too. What you do must be alot of hard work. I have a time just taking care of mine, let alone a whole family of turtles.

Congrats! Great show. I'm sure many people here would just love for the opprotunity you had to show their TMNT love...God bless.
__________________
blue_angel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 11:41 AM   #106
HalfcourtGame
Hench Mutant
 
HalfcourtGame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Tany
Posts: 308
Boy this topic got hot you go to sleep and look what happens. My two cents: nice collections, interesting people, where is the male fan??? . I gotta agree with a lot of Putrescent's comments (but he's right I'm too chicken to just punk these ladies out). While Putrescent is very opinionated I've been helped multiple times by his info, so thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Collier View Post
so YOU'RE lub15.
*ka-click* I was going to put a cell phone in that...*pouts, and puts the gun down* I'll make my own damn turtlecom. Damn...damnit.
Dun dun dun dah: lub15. Sorry Ava it was a good deal.

It appears there is another one up for sale: TurtleComm
__________________
Please Help Me Complete My Collection

I need Scratch!
MOC or loose complete
and Devil Shredder
MIB

Last edited by HalfcourtGame; 05-13-2007 at 11:56 AM.
HalfcourtGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:30 PM   #107
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post
Wow! Great show. Ivy and Buslady, you two were awesome. Thanks for sharing those moments of your lives. That takes a lot of courage and heart! (more than just being a faceless "fan" on net )
It's not so bad as long as ya except the fact that people are talking about a show and not you, don't take comments about the show personal. If I was worried about what people thought about me, I'd be jumping at those who are picking on me about being a villain on the show (heh just for their info, I wouldn't want to was the turtles, I'd want them to be free. Just hope they'd be my friend, kind of like how Zak wanted, but without going on their missions).

Quote:
To Ivy: You're blessed to have parents that support you in your life. My mom is the same. She may not understand my life and decisions at times but she loves me anyways. I think thats awesome that you want to open a TMNT museum and share your super collection with people.
Thanks! We're very lucky to have good families. Family is one of the most important things to me, I'm happy to hear when others are close with their own families as well

Quote:
Question: What would it take for you to open one? Would you need permission from Laird or 4Kids?
I would need to go through getting the right linceses and a lot of other stuff, I got a plan worked out on how to do it, but having the money to do it comes first.

Quote:
Congrats! Great show. I'm sure many people here would just love for the opprotunity you had to show their TMNT love...God bless.
Thanks! It was a lot of fun and I hope other fans do get to tell their stories. I've seen other fans on different tv shows before, so we're not the first and I'm sure we won't be the last.[/quote]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphsation
where is the male fan???
I wonder that too, I know they looked to at least one male fan when deciding to do with the show, though I don't know why they didn't pick him.

Quote:
While Putrescent is very opinionated I've been helped multiple times by his info, so thanks.
Hey all is good, I'm not saying at all that it's wrong for him to talk his mind. And I'm not going to say that he's wrong all the time. I'm just saying that he's going by a rumor which I don't feel is true. And wish he wouldn't spread things without checking to see if it's fact or not. There are fans out there that don't like me, who do say bad things about me. It doesn't make it true.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:49 PM   #108
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anissina View Post
I thought both of you(Ivey and Buslady) were awesome
Loved your turtles Buslady, altough I'm more into snakes.

And OT: TMNTserbia, (if you are from Serbia) congrats on the Eurovision victory!

you mean like this?



this is my year old male ball python
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:52 PM   #109
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_angel99 View Post

To Buslady: Your son is so cool and your pet turtles are just so cute. I have one myself. Her name is Terri and she is a red slider too. What you do must be alot of hard work. I have a time just taking care of mine, let alone a whole family of turtles.
They are alot of work but so worth it, especially when your pair give you cute widdle hatchlings.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 06:56 PM   #110
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by IveyAngelo View Post
Is it scary that I'm a collector wants to share what I get?
Is it scary that the TMNT helped me to read, since School was doing anything to help?
Is it scary that I live in a family who makes costumes, some of which (non TMNT) have won world contests and my dad's talents was for a TV series in Michigan and Ohio?
Is it scary that I like to hang out with other fans when they're in town?
Is it scary that I use to be hurt in school, but when I got in Karate the fighting stopped?
Or does someone who is different and keeps their collection out in the open scare you?
It was'nt scary. It was flipping boring. It's the side we've seen AGAIN and AGAIN from shows like this, yeah the whole fanatical thing DOES grate on me, but it's not "scaring" me, it's just annoying me. We don't need to be represented that way. That's where the core of MY disgust with this comes from, I can't speak for how Puter saw it, but he did seem to agree with me on the points I mentioned, that people WILL see us ALL as losers because they don't see what we, as fans, can really offer, all they see is us living lives with Turtle stickers and merchandise all over us. The museum line was the only instance of something constructive coming out of that episode.

It comes down to a basic point of interest: I am not interested in documentaries about people living their lives as TMNT fans, especially since we're all regs and can talk about that ANYTIME we want here, therefore anyone watching that show is likewise not interested in their lives as TMNT fans, we want to see a show talk about the franchise, 90% of the time the only instances fans are NOT detracted for their fandom is when there offering what they know to a show in the way Transfans and Doctor Who fans do


Do not misconstrue, I DON'T "hate" you, I don't know you, but I don't care about your wall-to-wall toy boxes, if you've got a lot, you clearly know a lot, bring THAT to the table the next time a television studio comes calling.

This fandom seriously needs to take a long hard look in the mirror and go forwards.

Last edited by ZariusTwo; 05-13-2007 at 07:24 PM.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #111
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
I agree that the fandom needs to show off its more, er, "mainstream" and societally acceptable forms of fandom, so that the public doesn't think we're all nuts. But still, the fact that the more "normal" fans are so underrepresented is their own fault. It is not Ivey's and Buslady's fault that other fans aren't trying to make their less fanatical voices heard.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #112
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Thanks for the constructive talk there.

I agree, I would love to see a show about the real history and showing other sides of the Turtles. Though when the shows come calling, they already have their titles and their goals. And in the mean time, I don't mind doing these shows if that's what they want. Though the shows that call don't go through if people are too up about changing their story line.

And even when you give them more information, like in my interview I talked about the history of the Mirage comics, going to the original series, even the Next Mutation and 4Kids series. I gave both main back ground stories of Splinter. Though being the show they are, they edit it to what they want. They wanted the original series only, so I noticed. I'm glad that I even got the movie mentioned, since they cut out most of the stuff I did say about the movie coming out.

I would love to see shows like that, though I don't mind seeing shows about the fans either and learning people's stories. If you got a story to tell and a show wants to tell it, you shouldn't have to say no, just because you can post it online. And I don't think everyone feels that all Turtle fans are like me, or judge any other series by the other obsessed fans on TV. To each their own on this matter.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:44 PM   #113
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
They don't give you the final product either for approval or anything of what was cut?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooish View Post
But still, the fact that the more "normal" fans are so underrepresented is their own fault. It is not Ivey's and Buslady's fault that other fans aren't trying to make their less fanatical voices heard.
Oh hheeerreeee we go "Blah, blah, it's your own fault", the f*ck it is, since Ivey just dropped she was mentioning the show's history extensivly. It's the f*cking fault of the editors. You don't see many fans step up because they know that's going to happen to them
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:45 PM   #114
weredog
Random Punk
 
weredog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 49
You know something? The moment you start letting what people think of you determine how you live your life, then that's when they own you. You do that, and they control you. I'll be damned if I let anyone else determine what I do with my life, and I don't think anyone else should either.
I'm not going to judge someone on a hobby. They can be as obsessive as they please, so long is no one is hurt, nothing important is sacrificed and no laws are broken. That's their choice and they have every right to it. And they have the right to live their lives as they choose without being harrassed for it. So what if it's a little strange? That's what makes things interesting.
weredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:48 PM   #115
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I'd like to see a well done "TMNT: The E! True Hollywood Story" but yeah that's never gonna happen. Unless a TMNT fan makes a well done "History of the TMNT" film.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:51 PM   #116
ZariusTwo
Overlord
 
ZariusTwo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Britain, DINO THUNDER...POWER UP!
Posts: 22,378
Quote:
Originally Posted by weredog View Post
That's their choice and they have every right to it. And they have the right to live their lives as they choose without being harrassed for it. So what if it's a little strange? That's what makes things interesting.
Way to completly miss the point of the argument

Why SHOULD'NT fans be seen in a better light? You can say you can remain true to yourself and be devoted and as obsessed as you want to be, but do I care? No, and I'm as devoted a TMNT fan as anyone else, I simply want something to evolve.
ZariusTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 07:54 PM   #117
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They don't give you the final product either for approval or anything of what was cut?
I wish we did get to see stuff to approve the final cuts. Though we don't, if we did VH1 would of never got the show they did out of me. I would of denied them the rights, but they have you sign a paper while they're filming that they can use what ever they film while there. So it's up to you on what they get while they're there.

VH1 got a lot more to play with to make me look bad, they were at my house for 3 days. And they took jokes editing them up to look real bad. And they tricked people to say lines by having the little rule of "repeat our question in your answer"... now Fanatical had the same rule, but they used it right. VH1 turned around and used only the repeating of the question and taking off the answer. And would lead ya into saying something they wanted.

I was very new to the idea of a camera crew following me around that weekend and I made a lot of mistakes. Mistakes that were not made again when Fanatical came over for one day to shoot what they did in that episode with me. I didn't even see the episode till the week after it aired, I got it in the mail.
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:30 PM   #118
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
Yes I am a bit obsessive, I have an obsessive nature. What you guys saw was ME. BUT...if you knew me IRL..like a few online do...I'm a normal person. I keep my TMNT stuff in two places like you saw - the bus cos the kids like it, even teachers like it and in here, my office. When I want to be away from everybody I like to surround myself in something I enjoy.
My brother is the same way, he has a neat collection of race cars and hot wheels. It's no different. Some people like to surround themselves with a huge porcelein doll collection, or Pez dispensers or Barbies...it's the same thing.
Yeah it's true ever since getting back into TMNT, I think Raph on a daily basis but usually to write a story or draw.
And it's not all cos of TMNT I have turtles, I've always kept reptiles.

So please, don't think I'm wacko nuts! I'm really a normal mom, with a job, life, and all that. This is just my hobby.
You're absolutely right. it's in our nature to obsess over things that we love, and we are damned proud to show that off to the world. While my TMNT collection consists of the older toys, a few comics, all the movies and 30% of the 2k3 toon, my big love in life are horses. Horse lovers are almost identical, they all collect breyers, nab every calender that they see, every figurine, shirt, blankets, pillow cases, rugs, poster. Spend thousands on shows and taking riding lessons, millions on the actual horse for those fortunat enough to be able to live the ultimate dream of every horse lover!

Horse lovers are certaintly not nuts, it ends up being a way of life for most. And I believe the same scenario can apply to people who love to collect things on the TMNT, or on cars, or another type of animal. Tons also love to indulge in the Spider-Man, Bat-Man or Transformer world. Does not make them nuts or wakos. And this obsession is a hell of alot more healthier than the people who live for the next chemically inhanced high.
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 PM   #119
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
very interesting, Like zarius said I wish they would focus more on the franshice but I still enjoyed this.

Ivey and buslady really gave great reasons though to be a Ninja Turtles fan in my opinion, for me I found a lot of what you guys were saying relatable. If it wasent for the Turtles I would have never picked up a pencil, who knows were I would be now if it wasent for them.


I loved watching the short parts where they went through your collection ivey, I was trying to spot all the stuff I had from yours. Damn you have some really cool stuff, by any chance have you ever come across the japanese mangas? Because that would be one of the coolest finds.

Buslady, you are a friggin awesome mom! Your son seems very smart and nice.


Really interesting, but hopefully they'll include a male next time
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:00 PM   #120
Rooish
Devil's Advocate
 
Rooish's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 2,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZariusTwo View Post
They don't give you the final product either for approval or anything of what was cut?



Oh hheeerreeee we go "Blah, blah, it's your own fault", the f*ck it is, since Ivey just dropped she was mentioning the show's history extensivly. It's the f*cking fault of the editors. You don't see many fans step up because they know that's going to happen to them
Fine then, but don't get all bitchy to Buslady or Ivey.
__________________


Thanks evan2000 for the sig!
Rooish is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.