The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2007, 11:48 AM   #161
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Still... I mean, jeeze. They couldn't kick you guys down a free lunch, or even a meager $100.00 a day for your trouble and time? Must be a great world for these bastards that can just build high-rated shows starring fans and then not have to pay them.
I don't expect the news media to pay me for my press releases or for filming me... and I wouldn't really expect a documentary-style show to pay me either. That would cause problems with overall integrity. In this case, I can easily imagine the uberfans (of any franchise) being accused of overplaying their fandom because they were being paid.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 AM   #162
IveyAngelo
Hench Mutant
 
IveyAngelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
I agree here, fans are just that. Fans. It's cool that our stories are going to be told and we should be happy about that. Once fans start demanding money for doing that kind of stuff, than I'll agree with actors charging autograph fees at conventions. It's not always about the money.

I love Anime Cons, because the guest who go to those don't charge, but if you got a comic con it's now $20 an autograph... is the actor there to see the people who support the films, shows, or comics they do? Or are they there just for another buck?

I understand actors being paid to do their acting job, it's a real job. But fans being paid for a one time shot to share their real story? Na Though... Totally Obsessed didn't really share a real story. Hehe
__________________
IveyAngelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 12:24 PM   #163
jenna
Mad Scientist
 
jenna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Cambridge, UK
Posts: 1,190
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Hmm... anyone interested in making a History of the TMNT film?
Awesome idea!!! Would love to be invovled from my remote little country across the Atlantic.
jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 08:22 PM   #164
Splinter's Iroonna
Hench Mutant
 
Splinter's Iroonna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 401
Quote:
Originally Posted by iris View Post
Hmm... anyone interested in making a History of the TMNT film?

Can one safely do that without having the pants sued off of them?
__________________
Original banner by Imagi, comments/adaptations by Ninjatron-- check out his blog!
http://astroboyworld.blogspot.com/
Splinter's Iroonna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:23 PM   #165
johnnyblaze
Stone Warrior
 
johnnyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 677
man you guys have some cool stuff
johnnyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:37 PM   #166
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splinter's Iroonna View Post
Can one safely do that without having the pants sued off of them?
Or. I had an idea that could be possible. (So watch me get flames and banned from this place for suggesting this)

But, maybe, uh, Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman can somehow fake a kidnapping or plane crash deep in the mountains of themselves. It will be all over the news about the famous missing comic book creators, and when all hope is lost, they are miraculously found! Can you imagine the amount of free exposure, and attention a story of this magnitude could generate?

But, ah, forget it. I watch too much Law & Order and CSI!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:53 PM   #167
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Or. I had an idea that could be possible. (So watch me get flames and banned from this place for suggesting this)

But, maybe, uh, Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman can somehow fake a kidnapping or plane crash deep in the mountains of themselves. It will be all over the news about the famous missing comic book creators, and when all hope is lost, they are miraculously found! Can you imagine the amount of free exposure, and attention a story of this magnitude could generate?

But, ah, forget it. I watch too much Law & Order and CSI!
Darn it, that just might work! Get some spin doctors on it.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #168
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I was actually thinking we'd ask Mirage for the permission and their help...but yeah...
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:06 AM   #169
iris
moddy mod mod
 
iris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: finally escaped the lab
Posts: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I was actually thinking we'd ask Mirage for the permission and their help...but yeah...
Uh yeah... that might be, you know, the sane option.
__________________
Appeal to nobler motives. Like pie.
[ life is at best bitter sweet ]
iris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 06:55 PM   #170
Hamato Yoshi
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 950
You know many fans that are considered "obsessed" have some form of autism , that's part of who they are and I think it's totally unfair to judge them for their "illness".

*Now don't start jumping to conclusions , just cause *some* fans have it doesn't mean EVERY single fan is the same*
Hamato Yoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 PM   #171
Ava Collier
It's ninja ninja RAT!
 
Ava Collier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,958
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphsation View Post

Dun dun dun dah: lub15. Sorry Ava it was a good deal.

It appears there is another one up for sale: TurtleComm

Oops! Hehe ^_^; thank you.

I'd be interested in a documentary thing...but to be truthful, planes scare the hell out of me.
__________________
Ava Collier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #172
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
no autism here, try ADD-ish behavior.
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:29 PM   #173
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady View Post
no autism here, try ADD-ish behavior.
I have obsessive compulsive dissorder and I'm hardly crazy either.
I found that person comments more insulting than any comments I've made before.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:41 PM   #174
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
we all know most obsessive fans only suffer from one malady: Virginity!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:53 PM   #175
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
we all know most obsessive fans only suffer from one malady: Virginity!
hahah boy are you wrong..boy are you ever...
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:56 PM   #176
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
we all know most obsessive fans only suffer from one malady: Virginity!


jee wow...wonder where my kid come from then
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 07:59 PM   #177
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
I must have been talking about...ME!!! Whaaaa!!
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:00 PM   #178
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
I must have been talking about...ME!!! Whaaaa!!
yeah I was gonna say speak for yourself hahah
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:14 PM   #179
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
You all crack me up!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 09:36 PM   #180
Buslady
WingsOfDarkness! Perkele!
 
Buslady's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: In 7803...
Posts: 4,366
*brain dead*
__________________
Buslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.