![]() |
|
|
#141 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
Got both of these in the mail today:
From both Mr. Laird and Panel to Panel: ![]() From Mr. Laird closeup:
|
|
|
|
|
|
#142 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,401
|
That's cool, he kind of changes up the drawing from issue to issue.
It's really criminal Peter isn't doing more TMNT art. I don't know much of anyone that's not a fan of that.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#143 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
Can anyone scan or type the intro Peter gives? Wowio doesn't include it...and I left my book at home and won't be able to read it for a while.
Also, Andrew, did you get a signed copy? And Roseangelo, how is the gallery coming? |
|
|
|
|
|
#144 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#145 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
Nice slideshow. I'd like to see what number the full Leo body artwork is. The time and date are 4/11/08 at 8:44am.
Can anyone help me out with Peter's intro for #29 (scan/pic or type)? |
|
|
|
|
|
#146 | |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
Quote:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#147 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
Thank you very much.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#148 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 132
|
How does mirage ship these books? I've been lucky and my local comic shop has always carried Tales and vol. 4 so i've never had to actually order from mirage before. I'm worried because i live in an apartment and i'm afraid the mailman will bend my comic so it will fit in my postbox. yikes! I ordered mine last sunday...hope i get a sketch!
|
|
|
|
|
|
#149 | |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#150 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,401
|
I paid early last Sunday, no comic yet, though a Paypal tracking information thing popped up in Paypal just today. The comic left Springfield, MA yesterday, looks like.
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#151 | |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Vermont, USA
Posts: 721
|
Quote:
__________________
THE DARKNESS AGE IS RETURN!
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#152 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
Just got back from the Con today, and sitting on my frontstep was a signed copy! I was actually kinda kicking myself, as had I known he was going to be selling the books (and signing and sketching them) I would have just bought it there rather than risk not getting a signed one (and save the $2 shipping). But in the end it turned out perfect...
|
|
|
|
|
|
#153 | |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
Quote:
Was Mr. Laird doing full head sketches at NYCC for those who bought the comic there? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#154 | |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
Quote:
And yep, he was doing the exact same sketchs at the con for free (if you wanted a a larger, painted skecth(by Lavigne) you had to pay for that separetly |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#155 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
|
So just for collector's sake, I wonder how many of these are signed w/sketch? 400? maybe about half the print run? cool..hopefully this kind of thing continues.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#156 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 493
|
The final number was 225 not including NYCC. If you ordered by Monday 4/14 at 10am you were in the first 225.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#157 |
|
Scatter the nuns!!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 3,981
|
Well, I'm not sure if he sold that many at the Con but I guess its possible. And like you, I relaly hope he keeps this up...
And as an aside, Pete was very cool that day I met him. Very nice and humble. And friendly. Not at all what I was expecting to be honest, but I'm very happy to see otherwise. And not just with me, but with everyone it seemd. I mean, as much as it PAINED him (and trust me the look on his face was priceless) he actually did sign Archon's arm which I thought was very nice of him as you could definately tell that he would much rather NOT... Go check out the pics I took of the whole process over in General section in his thread...so much fun |
|
|
|
|
|
#158 |
|
Emperor
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: California
Posts: 9,111
|
Ok, here's mine:
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#159 |
|
Foot Elite
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 3,050
|
Cool, Rose! Looks like Leo... I'm guessing I'll receive mine tomorrow.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#160 |
|
Weed Whacker
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,401
|
I was expecting him to draw you something more in the way of a big hand, with the middle finger extended.
__________________
|
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| comic discussion, volume 4 |
|
|