The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > Nick TMNT Cartoon Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2011, 08:43 PM   #621
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobo View Post
I dunno. They gave me one a those mini cheese wheels, and it tasted like wax.
Uh....Mr. Gobo did you remove the red part?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #622
Icegaze
Hench Mutant
 
Icegaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Why can't people just let Bebop and Rocksteady die? They were terrible characters. Give me Baxter, give me Rat King, give me Leatherhead...but Bebop and Rocksteady? Can somebody who likes these guys give me an answer as to why they get so much fan credit? I appreciate my OT roots, but these guys written as they were in the 80s/90s would really make me uneasy and take the show in a negative direction, at least in my opinion.
I couldn't agree more with this.
__________________
Icegaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:46 PM   #623
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Look Machias, I'm not saying that anyone sucks at life for disliking a facet of the TMNT, I just think that decision shouldn't be placed until they've seen it, that's all. I've not got anything left to say on that, & I'm not huge on arguing. You can hate the comics & still be a fan as long as you're passionate about the green guys, I don't care.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:48 PM   #624
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
You're right. Good call!

Uhh, St. Nickelodeon, since you see us when we're sleeping and know when we're awake, you'll know when you've been bad or good so... thanks for the whole IDW thing! Also, we want more preview stuff. It doesn't need to be huge... just something more than half-a-second per Turtle.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #625
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Uh....Mr. Gobo did you remove the red part?
No.



...
Was I supposed to?
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 08:54 PM   #626
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toon View Post
Can't comment on that, but (and I shouldn't even do this to you guys)... I've seen a list (and a few conceptual designs) of potential characters, some of which blew my mind with awesome. One in particular.
Armaggon confirmed!


Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnyTMNT View Post
Why can't people just let Bebop and Rocksteady die? They were terrible characters. Give me Baxter, give me Rat King, give me Leatherhead...but Bebop and Rocksteady? Can somebody who likes these guys give me an answer as to why they get so much fan credit? I appreciate my OT roots, but these guys written as they were in the 80s/90s would really make me uneasy and take the show in a negative direction, at least in my opinion.
They can definitely work as threatening powerhouses that the turtles just can not compete against strength wise, luckily for the turtles they aren't the brightest of the bunch so they can use that to their advantage. Just don't imagine the characters as their OT selves of "Master shredder *snort* the turtles are escaping", they wouldn't be smart but they also wouldn't be comedic morons like their OT selves.
sdp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:01 PM   #627
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
That seems to be the big thing, Powder. I don't care for Next Mutation, and the 2 music specials (Turtle Chrismas and Tunes) but I didn't know that until I actually watched them. I at least gave them a fighting chance, which they for the most part failed....though as I've said the NM figures were pretty cool. They gave us Shredder's elite for the first time.

Then again with Turtle Christmas/Tunes I probably could have gone from screen caps.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #628
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
How did this come into racism? Ugh. This place bugs me sometimes.

For the record "sheeple" is one of the dumbest portmanteaus I've ever read.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:11 PM   #629
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
How did this come into racism? Ugh. This place bugs me sometimes.

For the record "sheeple" is one of the dumbest portmanteaus I've ever read.
Remember, if you wanna demonize the opposition just call them racist...or as close to it as you can.


Sorry, Powder but that strikes me as as hyperbolic as some of the reactions from Joe, and people saying "Bush (or Obama) is HITLER!! OMG!!"
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:16 PM   #630
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goongasnootch View Post
Sheeple?

Just because you're not part of the majority doesn't make everyone else sheeple. For years this place has been almost nothing but overwhelming negativity from frequent posters to the point that I avoided coming here for months at a time because I found it annoying. I was part of the minority that actually did something other than complain when it came to TMNT.

I never considered any of those people sheeple for their negativity, though. If anything, the fact that people actually have something positive to say for once proves that fandom isn't full of lemmings and are capable of really judging something based on their real feelings.

Case in point: Sonic the Hedgehog fandom. It's cool to hate everything even if it has redeeming qualities.

TMNT fandom is not Sonic fandom.

I don't care that you rain on everyone's parade. I don't care that it causes controversy and you argue it out. Like and hate whatever you want. However, we are not some sort of hive mind civilization and I don't appreciate being accused of such crap.
Eh, I did edit out the sheeple thing after it posted, but apparently wasn't quite fast enough before you quoted it.
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #631
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ninjinister View Post
How did this come into racism? Ugh. This place bugs me sometimes.

For the record "sheeple" is one of the dumbest portmanteaus I've ever read.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Remember, if you wanna demonize the opposition just call them racist...or as close to it as you can.


Sorry, Powder but that strikes me as as hyperbolic as some of the reactions from Joe, and people saying "Bush (or Obama) is HITLER!! OMG!!"
For the record, I didn't call him racist. Just sayin', even though someone agrees with you, it doesn't make you right or just etc.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:22 PM   #632
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonardo Mystic View Post
Eh, I did edit out the sheeple thing after it posted, but apparently wasn't quite fast enough before you quoted it.
Hm! I didn't catch it after I posted. Well, then. Forget what I said, then.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:34 PM   #633
Ninjinister
無問題
 
Ninjinister's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Moesko Island, WA
Posts: 14,348
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
For the record, I didn't call him racist. Just sayin', even though someone agrees with you, it doesn't make you right or just etc.
But you did call a her, a him.
__________________
Ninjinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:35 PM   #634
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
For the record, I didn't call him racist. Just sayin', even though someone agrees with you, it doesn't make you right or just etc.
I know...but you did go as close as you could. You used the spector of racism to make your point a bit more strong and emotional...but in the end, remember we're talking about a fictional property. No need for such heated rhetoric...on either side.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #635
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Wow this has turned into a Turtle Civil War, break out kookie kavalry Leonardo haha. Anyway. It warms my soul to see that I'm not totally crazy and alone in my thought processes but it breaks my heart to see everyone in this massive battle of forum posts now. I realize that I said some things before that I had no right in saying aloud because I was feeling it in a fit of rage, but I wish nothing but for all Turtle fans to get along. Of course we have witnessed similar "battles" between fans of more recent but previous versions of the TMNT. This one will be no exception to the rule I suppose. We all feel strongly about our green brothers as well as their supporting cast of characters and everyone is entitled to feel and believe what they want. But I don't want us all to separate ourselves into cliche 80s rival street gangs over it haha
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:40 PM   #636
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
Or maybe we should...... We don't like "Shell Heads" on "Wretched Reptile" turf ya dig?! Oh no! Theres gonna be a switchblade fight out behind the Dairy Queen ya'll!
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #637
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
I don't think there's any hatred about, right? I'm not heated, at least. I hold nothing against Leonardo Mystic, we could share a slice any time.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:43 PM   #638
JoeGro
Foot Soldier
 
JoeGro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: NC
Posts: 119
and if anyone is racist it's me, I'm a Green Supremacist. Turtle Power!?
JoeGro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:50 PM   #639
Kendamu
Sewerhead
 
Kendamu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,890
Whether people agree with you or not, eventually what you're saying will come to light when more details can be shared.
Kendamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2011, 09:51 PM   #640
Leonardo Mystic
Stone Warrior
 
Leonardo Mystic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Georgia
Posts: 904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
I don't think there's any hatred about, right? I'm not heated, at least. I hold nothing against Leonardo Mystic, we could share a slice any time.
Are you asking me out on a date? *laughs*

No hard feelings?
__________________

Leonardo Mystic is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
2k12, nick


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:35 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.