The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Merchandise > Toy/Collectible Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #841
RAPHAEL#1fan
Foot Soldier
 
RAPHAEL#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Am I alone in liking the way Splinter looks?
No you are not alone. I like his look
RAPHAEL#1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #842
ToTheNines
Col. Stinkmeaner
 
ToTheNines's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19,226
More pictures on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1775764&type=1

Beware, lots n lots of haters.
ToTheNines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:21 PM   #843
cryan
Stone Warrior
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Athens,AL
Posts: 743
Someone was talking about the playset that was coming out with the new figures.It looks very similar to the Batcave playset that came out for "The Batman"series that ran on Cartoon Network 2005 or 2006.It was just a big tower that had a cardboard backdrop.That's what the TMNT playset reminds me of.
cryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:28 PM   #844
VaughnMichael
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
 
VaughnMichael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
I'm surprised no one else has mentioned the return of hand drawn box art.
That is a big + for me, but I'm pretty sure it went way during the turtles last run because Peter Laird didn't like it.
But he also thought the Classics line was a bad idea.
VaughnMichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:29 PM   #845
lowbacca
Random Punk
 
lowbacca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Budapest, Hungary
Posts: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by agliarept View Post
imagine, posable movie star turtle figures from the first filme, i'd prob stop buying anymore figures after that.
You have to keep buying all of the classics, until they make these.
They will continue the line as long as it sells good.
lowbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #846
Ninja Tiptup
Mad Scientist
 
Ninja Tiptup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Washington
Posts: 1,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Shell Backs...Shell Raisers...Turtle-Boys...The Plastron Patrol?

Ok...I'm reaching.

The Foot Clan?
They're all better than Sewer-Heads.

I mean really Playmates that's what you call your devoted buyers?

Oh yeah I'm dig'n the hand drawn box-art as well.
__________________
It's weird to be normal, and it's normal to be weird.

Last edited by Ninja Tiptup; 02-02-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Ninja Tiptup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #847
Digital Ghost
Mad Scientist
 
Digital Ghost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The lab
Posts: 1,163
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1984TMNT View Post
What'll you give me for: Michelangelo's face here = the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man's face:



Exactly... I've also seen some resemblance to:



and...



__________________

Last edited by Digital Ghost; 02-02-2012 at 07:06 PM. Reason: Photos!
Digital Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:12 PM   #848
stormbringer
Foot Soldier
 
stormbringer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Tiptup View Post
They're all better than Sewer-Heads.

I mean really Playmates that's what you call your devoted buyers?

Oh yeah I'm dig'n the hand drawn box-art as well.
Sewer heads?!? Makes me want to call them some names....
stormbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:19 PM   #849
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
More pictures on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1775764&type=1

Beware, lots n lots of haters.
But at least 680 Fans!


This may have already been answered on a thread but...

Can somebody tell me what that white spot on April's left shoe is supposed to be?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #850
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Looks like poster tack; they're probably using it to keep the figure from falling over.

I'm kinda annoyed that April and Shredder (I think?) don't appear to have knee hinges. Heck, April doesn't even have hinged elbows. :/
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #851
Uki
Hench Mutant
 
Uki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
Okay, I've been waiting to get a chance to post!

Honestly, I was blown away by the Nic-Turtles! I really didn't expect to be so thrilled by them. I hope we can get the better painted versions, but even the more toyetic deco looks good on those. I'll definitely try to pick up all 4 turtles and probably a Krang/Kraang/Utrom guy.

As for the Classics, I wasn't immediately impressed (I think I'd built them up too much) but I am happy with them and will likely get all 4. I'm hoping to get at least April, Splinter, Shredder, Bebop, Rocksteady, and a Baxter-Fly. (Anything else would be icing!)

(My wallet is cringing; we're having a baby in March and I'm already "all-in" on MOTUC, but with any luck, these Classics will Peter out a bit more slowly, akin to the Thunder Cats Classics.

This was all good news on a sad day-my last of three mice, Merryweather, died today.
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks!
Uki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:23 PM   #852
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donnie View Post
Am I alone in liking the way Splinter looks?
Nope. I like how colorful he is.

Not sure how much I like the April design. Looks more like a younger kid than a 16 year old.

The Turtles look really good though. I'm almost looking forward to the new figures more than the classic design.

Last edited by Mr._Mutant_Man; 02-02-2012 at 08:30 PM.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:27 PM   #853
billbot85
Mad Scientist
 
billbot85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 1,007
I guess I'll be the one to say it:

I don't know how I feel about the Subway car as their new main vehicle. How do they drive it? There doesn't appear to be any kind of driver's seat or control area. I guess we'll find out in the new Tv series.

I was hoping the new vehicle could've been an SUV, truck, or another kind of van. Also, the skateboard that Mikey has looks kinda lame.
__________________
MY COMPLETE WISH LIST:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/sho...03#post1120403

GIFSoup
billbot85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #854
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes View Post
Looks like poster tack; they're probably using it to keep the figure from falling over.
That was my first guess, but I figured as much time as the Nick folks put into making the show booth look great that they would have figured out a way to disguise the poster tack.

My second guess was that she had lived in the sewers with the turtles for so long that her boot had fallen apart and her sock had started to show through.

Yeah... probably just poster tack.
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #855
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
But at least 680 Fans!


This may have already been answered on a thread but...

Can somebody tell me what that white spot on April's left shoe is supposed to be?
I think it's that adhesive tacky stuff to keep her standing up. It's on the Foot's feet too.
Oh...wait...Wes already said that.
Foot Fungus?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #856
Shreddhead
Mad Scientist
 
Shreddhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 1,470
I love the Utrom and robot suit! although it looks like kraang has little spider-like legs
__________________

Shreddhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:39 PM   #857
Wes
Mad Scientist
 
Wes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: A very scary place. With crayons!
Posts: 1,607
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
My second guess was that she had lived in the sewers with the turtles for so long that her boot had fallen apart and her sock had started to show through.
See, now I'm going to think of that when I see April whenever we do our fan commentary ep, and suddenly I'll launch into this tangential story about feet fetishists at a fetish club and you guys will all be like

But yeah, it's poster tack. That stuff is kinda hard to disguise... though if I were designing a TMNT display I'd probably have some neon green poster tack mixed up for the thing. It's not poster tack (or socked toes)... IT'S OOZE!
__________________


* Scary-Crayon * Wesoteric * Chew your gum properly, ok?


Aaand... Technodrome buy/sell/trade thread here!
Wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 08:40 PM   #858
Mr._Mutant_Man
Mad Scientist
 
Mr._Mutant_Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 2,340
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post
That was my first guess, but I figured as much time as the Nick folks put into making the show booth look great that they would have figured out a way to disguise the poster tack.

My second guess was that she had lived in the sewers with the turtles for so long that her boot had fallen apart and her sock had started to show through.

Yeah... probably just poster tack.
I imagined that she stepped in an enormous wad of gum down in the sewers.

Didn't General Tragg have a busted boot in the old action figure line? I know someone did.
Mr._Mutant_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:03 PM   #859
Nintendophile
Foot Soldier
 
Nintendophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ohio
Posts: 198
Hey guys, not sure if this has been added anywhere, but I found a cleaner version of the Turtle Lair play-set posted over at Topless Robot. The other pics I'd been seeing were kind of "washed-out" looking. This one's nice and clear. ^_^

Nintendophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 09:14 PM   #860
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
Nope. We totally missed this.


Spoiler:
Is there a screening process anymore?
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
playmates toys


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.