![]() |
|
|
#881 |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
My Imagi Mike figure has 2 pair of chucks made with 2 old mechanical pencils, 4 bobby pins, and some key chain chain. The handles are a bit long mind you, but they are very functional.
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 |
|
|
|
|
|
#882 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#883 |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#884 |
|
Foot Soldier
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 112
|
Yeah these kind of remind me of the Thundercats classics. Their bigger and more detailed than the figures from the new series.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#885 | |
|
Dare To Be Stupid!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
Posts: 4,752
|
Quote:
Also, are articulated fingers really necessary? I mean, it's not like you can really do anything different with them and really I can see it being a problem. They might not be able to hold their weapons very well if those joints in the fingers arn't perfect. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#886 | ||
|
40 Years of TMNT
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
|
Quote:
![]() Quote:
They tried that in the past, early on in the 4kids line. F**king things couldn't hold any accessories. |
||
|
|
|
|
|
#887 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
|
Behold my crappy Photoshop skills! I made some adjustments to the photos of the classics figs. Namely:
- Corrected the lazy eye problem of all four figs. - Shortened the necks. - Emulated that line that was drawn in the turtles beak in the opening credits/ first episode - Changed Mike's skin color - Reduced the lenght of Mike's nunchacku chains - Took out the belt straps on leo and don - Changed belt buckles - Changed color of weapons handles - Elongated and curved leo's swords. Along with other details... ![]() ![]() ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
#888 | |
|
Rat-faced Dude-guy
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,296
|
Ask and ye shall recieve:
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Quote:
__________________
![]() "Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656 Last edited by Jester; 02-03-2012 at 02:17 AM. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#889 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 556
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#890 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 364
|
The new vehicles box art is nice. But I'm a little disappointed about the "classic line" card, I was waiting personalized cards like the vintage line.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#891 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Spain
Posts: 364
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#892 |
|
Random Punk
![]() ![]() Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 33
|
I never thought I would need anything other than my NECA TMNT, but I think these will be too perfect to pass up. Even though not show accurate, I love the straps on Don and Leo. That was always something that bothered me about the NECA figures.
|
|
|
|
|
|
#893 | ||
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
Quote:
I could never of told you guys anything at all, would that have worked better? The prototype looked much better and didn't have crap loads of articulation, what can I say. Quote:
|
||
|
|
|
|
|
#894 |
|
Overlord
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
|
Wow, Nelson, you got some great photoshop skills!
__________________
![]() Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries! Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"! View my sketch work! I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items! |
|
|
|
|
|
#895 |
|
Stone Warrior
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 673
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
#896 |
|
I'm Baaaaaaccck!
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,833
|
I've got to agree there, Don & Raph could use a bit more work though.
They look a great deal better though! |
|
|
|
|
|
#897 | |
|
Writer • Director
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 12,035
|
Quote:
As for over hyping all he said was "You'll be surprised" and to be honest I was. I doubted Playmates gave enough of a ****. You hyped yourself up and that's your own fault. |
|
|
|
|
|
|
#898 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: The Woodlands, Tx
Posts: 337
|
Nelson, great work! I especially like the beaks better; that was one element from the credits and first eps that I liked a lot and hoped to see in the Classics line. I actually like the straps on Leo and Don (although I wish they matched the first figures'), but your belt buckles are better.
In any event, I'm really stoked to get these Classics turtles (and the Nick Turtles too, but probably not any of the other toon stuff).
__________________
-Proud Member of the Turtle Whacks! |
|
|
|
|
|
#899 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Warren, MI
Posts: 327
|
Wrote up another "First impression" on Cowabunga Corner, this one is for the Deluxe Power Sound FX Figures.
http://www.cowabungacorner.com/revie...x-tmnt-figures
__________________
|
|
|
|
|
|
#900 |
|
Hench Mutant
![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() ![]() Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Kent, UK
Posts: 332
|
The new toon stuff looks better than I expected, I really like the basic turtles. I can't get on board with the redesign for Splinter yet, but I expect I will. I've got over the three-toe thing.
The sewer looks awesome. I think the main thing missing from the 2003 sewer playset was that there was no street level. It doesn't quite feel like a sewer unless it's under something. |
|
|
|
![]() |
| Tags |
| playmates toys |
|
|