The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #201
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post
Alright, good idea. Anything else? I will be posting the counts by season.
how many times Krang curses out Shredder?
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #202
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Last time I did a series rewatch, I tried to count how many fight scenes there were in each episode. Some episodes had a lot of fighting, while others had no real fighting at all.

Its actually kinda funny how they did an action cartoon with no fighting in some episodes...
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 09:36 PM   #203
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
The classic toon was really more of a comedic take on the old goodguy/badguy shows from the 60s, especially during seasons 3 and 6
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:04 PM   #204
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post
Anyone think of anything else that would be interesting to count up?
All the different pizza topings, reused one-liners (like Bebop's "you little creep", Shredder's "tonight, I dine on turtle soup", etc), blatantly reused themes (age reversal, time travel, body-swap, etc), # of times guest characters or vehicles show up, mobsters, mutants, mad scientists, aliens, dimensions...

That's all I've got ATM. I don't expect you to do all of them. Just giving you options.
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #205
zkarlette
Fashionably late
 
zkarlette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 4,146
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMNT_Canadian View Post
how many times Krang curses out Shredder?
How many times krang burps?
__________________
"If only we'd stop trying to be happy, we could have a pretty good time" E.W
zkarlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 AM   #206
Redmage1987
Hench Mutant
 
Redmage1987's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Missouri
Posts: 289
Season 1 Countdown

Leo broke his weapon...

None broken.

Raph broke his weapon...

None broken.

Mikey broke his weapon...

Ep. 4 - Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X:

19:30 Mikey breaks the handle of one of his nunchucks on General Traggs body.

Donatello broke his weapon...

None broken.

Fourth Wall breaking moments...

Ep. 1 - Turtle Tracks:

13:04 Donatello: "No April! It's too dangerous. You wouldn't last 5 minutes in a Ninja Pizza Parlor!" *turns to camera* "I love saying lines like that!"

15:45 April: "You're a bunch of ninjas, and you're in a pizzeria" *turns to camera* "And for that matter, who ever heard of talking turtles?"

Pizza Toppings...

Ep. 1 - Turtle Tracks:

(6:00) Pepperoni & Ice Cream, Jellybeans & Mushrooms, & Anchovies & Peanut Butter.
(16:04) Sashimi Pizza & Whipped Cream Pizza.
(22:12) Banana's & Sausage Pizza.

Ep. 2 - Enter the Shredder:

(2:10) Cornflakes Pizza, Raisen Bran Pizza, and Choco Puffs Pizza.
Redmage1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 11:52 AM   #207
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Is anyone else emailing them about the Turtle Tip shorts?
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #208
gobo
Wacky Action
 
gobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: on Earth
Posts: 12,784
No. Just you. And, all Lionsgate employees are instructed to ignore you... for some reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redmage1987 View Post
Season 1 Countdown
Schweet. ^_^
__________________
Live and let live... or go to hell.

gobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:36 PM   #209
sdp
Detoxed Member
 
sdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Tokio, Italy
Posts: 11,181
I get that it's "fun" to make fun of CC but how can the fandom not express any interest in trying to get the Turtle Tips shorts out? Most other fandoms would go out out of their way to help out, and it's like this fandom doesn't even care.
sdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 12:59 PM   #210
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
My only hope for the Turtle Tip shorts is they're the last special feature.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:38 PM   #211
LeoNerdo
Stone Warrior
 
LeoNerdo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 872
It takes a few minutes to watch all or most of them on youtube. If they were included it'd be great, but it won't bother me if they're not. I'm happy to have all of the episodes, and that's all I really wanted to begin with.
LeoNerdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #212
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
How many times krang burps?
lol! i don't think it's possible to count that high
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #213
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkarlette View Post
How many times krang burps?
Burping or croaking? Because I often interpreted it to be the latter, myself.

A meter would probably break if one had to measure all the times everyone (mainly, the villains) insulted each other. I don't have all the DVDs, so if anyone would want to take up the cause until I can, I certainly would be appreciative. And besides, no one has lived until he/she heard Shredder utter "mutant moron" for the millionth time?

As for whether Turtleoids will be in a single episode format, vs. its syndication splitting, I'll bet (and hope) on the former. Especially, as we'll have chapter/scene selection to deal with any format issues (which Lionsgate has become decent at with latter TMNT DVD releases). However, if they do the latter, as long as it is uncut, it isn't necessarily the end of the world, either.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #214
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
I don't have all the DVDs, so if anyone would want to take up the cause until I can,
Why don't you have all the DVDs? You can buy pretty much all of them online right now, and for cheap too.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 08:21 PM   #215
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why don't you have all the DVDs? You can buy pretty much all of them online right now, and for cheap too.
The polite non-answer would probably be "none of your business," as I frankly don't wish to discuss about my current DVD/money issues. However, I'll still give a decent answer. As I may have said before, any spare DVD money that varies from month-to-month has to go on soon-to-be out-of-print Pokemon DVDs -- because, I, like an idiot, didn't buy them, at the time, as I didn't care for the DVD format, back then -- then focus on the 87 Turtle DVDs. It's a matter of priority, and I don't have to worry about the 87 Turtle DVDs immediately becoming scarce or expensive. (Conversely, someone said on the thread or elsewhere on the forum about one of the 2003 DVDs being really expensive, so.) One thing at a time, okies? Besides, I got the essential-for-me seasons (1-2, 7 and 8 for curiosity's sake, mostly), so that's enough for now.

Fortunately, I should be able to grab up Season 10, when it's out in August. Granted, I'll be pushing myself about it, because of the Turtleoids special, but motivation is motivation. (Because I want my Chrome Dome 1st appearance caps, darn it.)

Last edited by Killer Moth; 05-30-2012 at 09:21 PM.
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:19 PM   #216
rufus
Stone Warrior
 
rufus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lawrenceville,Georgia
Posts: 780
do you know why the Pokemon dvds are going out of print?

Also the release of the final season dvd of tmnt can not get here fast enough
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/edgartooms
^TMNT Stopmotions.
rufus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:37 PM   #217
Killer Moth
Hench Mutant
 
Killer Moth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally Posted by rufus View Post
do you know why the Pokemon dvds are going out of print?

Also the release of the final season dvd of tmnt can not get here fast enough
It depends, as some sets are easier and relatively cheap to get, and some really aren't (especially in mint or really-close-to-mint condition, which is a big deal for me). My best guess -- and take it for what it's worth -- for the out-of-print is time (the last release from the series I want was done 5 years ago) and the fact they haven't been re-released in any form since. Technically, yes, select episodes were released for the 10th anniversary DVDs and the new Elements series, but it isn't the same thing. Viz for whatever reason is being really lazy about a re-release, which really doesn't help matters. Weren't for that, I would wait until one of their new box sets, as done with the first few seasons.

It's a headache, but as seen from the TMNT 87 DVDs, I don't have such concern with that series, not yet. After all that, I'll try to figure on the 2003 series DVDs, but it's probably best to wait further. (I love the series, but 300 bucks to get a DVD? No, thank you.)
Killer Moth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:40 PM   #218
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
It depends, as some sets are easier and relatively cheap to get, and some really aren't (especially in mint or really-close-to-mint condition, which is a big deal for me). My best guess -- and take it for what it's worth -- for the out-of-print is time (the last release from the series I want was done 5 years ago) and the fact they haven't been re-released in any form since. Technically, yes, select episodes were released for the 10th anniversary DVDs and the new Elements series, but it isn't the same thing. Viz for whatever reason is being really lazy about a re-release, which really doesn't help matters. Weren't for that, I would wait until one of their new box sets, as done with the first few seasons.
Are you talking about the Johto DVDs? Those only have 3 eps per disc and are from like 2002 or something.

Kanto and Orange Islands were re-released in nice boxsets only 2-3 years ago I believe. Plus all the newer seasons get regular boxsets ever since Battle Frontier.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:44 PM   #219
Jephael
That whack job behind you
 
Jephael's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Carlisle, Pennsylvania
Posts: 8,143
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Why don't you have all the DVDs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Moth View Post
The polite non-answer would probably be "none of your business,"
Some people can be so freaking nosey!
__________________
"I like it. Simple, but effective!"
Raphael; The Mean Machines - 1988

Jephael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 09:48 PM   #220
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,791
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jephael View Post
Some people can be so freaking nosey!
Oh please, it was just harmless curiosity. I only asked since he seemed so enthused about them.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:32 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.