The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 08:40 PM   #301
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
I dont get al the crying about fox as april. The fact is shes gonna draw in people that might have skipped on the movie other wise. I was talking to a coulple of guys I work with about movies we wanted to go see the other day. I brought up the new tmnt movie and not much reaction from then. But then I said dude megan fox is playing april. Thats when the excitement came. One of them replied dude shut the **** up they got megan fox to play april.

They all said they want to see it. Now that they know shes playing april. So in my book shes a plus for this movie.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #302
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I dont get al the crying about fox as april. The fact is shes gonna draw in people that might have skipped on the movie other wise. I was talking to a coulple of guys I work with about movies we wanted to go see the other day. I brought up the new tmnt movie and not much reaction from then. But then I said dude megan fox is playing april. Thats when the excitement came. One of them replied dude shut the **** up they got megan fox to play april.

They all said they want to see it. Now that they know shes playing april. So in my book shes a plus for this movie.
they don't care about her as april...all they care about is it's meghan fox. she could be playing a paper bag and they'd want to go see the movie because of it..part of the problem. the franchise isn't getting the attention, Meghan Fox is.
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:00 PM   #303
snake
Disgusting
 
snake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Outer Heaven
Posts: 12,231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
they don't care about her as april...all they care about is it's meghan fox. she could be playing a paper bag and they'd want to go see the movie because of it..part of the problem. the franchise isn't getting the attention, Meghan Fox is.
"Grocery"
A micheal bay film

Staring :
Megan fox as a paper bag
Shia labeouf as a shopper
CGI Shopping items as themselves
Rated PG-13
snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:01 PM   #304
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
they don't care about her as april...all they care about is it's meghan fox. she could be playing a paper bag and they'd want to go see the movie because of it..part of the problem. the franchise isn't getting the attention, Meghan Fox is.
I guess the way im looking at it is an ass in a seat is still a ass in a seat. Which is gonna be good for the franchise. It really dont matter what gets people into the threater as long as they go.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #305
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
It's not rocket science, any girl could play April. It's not that hard. If Fox being in the movie alone is enough for someone to buy a ticket, then good for the franchise, it makes money.
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:24 PM   #306
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I guess the way im looking at it is an ass in a seat is still a ass in a seat. Which is gonna be good for the franchise. It really dont matter what gets people into the threater as long as they go.
So you'd rather see a bad movie do well than a good movie fail? I don't really understand this financial success = artistic integrity mindset.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 09:53 PM   #307
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I dont get al the crying about fox as april. The fact is shes gonna draw in people that might have skipped on the movie other wise. I was talking to a coulple of guys I work with about movies we wanted to go see the other day. I brought up the new tmnt movie and not much reaction from then. But then I said dude megan fox is playing april. Thats when the excitement came. One of them replied dude shut the **** up they got megan fox to play april.

They all said they want to see it. Now that they know shes playing april. So in my book shes a plus for this movie.
Same case here, my friends are excited for this movie. And I like her in transformers.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:32 PM   #308
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeweed101 View Post
"Grocery"
A micheal bay film

Staring :
Megan fox as a paper bag
Shia labeouf as a shopper
CGI Shopping items as themselves
Rated PG-13
Do we really need to waste screen time on Shia?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctt4lfecw View Post
It's not rocket science, any girl could play April. It's not that hard. If Fox being in the movie alone is enough for someone to buy a ticket, then good for the franchise, it makes money.
Thats what im saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
So you'd rather see a bad movie do well than a good movie fail? I don't really understand this financial success = artistic integrity mindset.
artistic integrity? Who has any of that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark_Blade View Post
Same case here, my friends are excited for this movie. And I like her in transformers.
I liked her in transformers to. Alot I hope theres a part where she has to fix the van or something and shes all sweety working under the hood.
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:11 AM   #309
Half Sh3ll Hero
Foot Soldier
 
Half Sh3ll Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
artistic integrity? Who has any of that?
Let's see... The Coen Brothers, Joss Whedon, SIR Ridley Scott, Ray Bradbury ect ect. Need I go on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I liked her in transformers to. Alot I hope theres a part where she has to fix the van or something and shes all sweety working under the hood.
So in your opinion which is better Monster Trucks or Nascar?
__________________
I mean, come on. How do you guys expect to beat me?

Half Sh3ll Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 12:15 AM   #310
Stingray69
Stone Warrior
 
Stingray69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
Let's see... The Coen Brothers, Joss Whedon, SIR Ridley Scott, Ray Bradbury ect ect. Need I go on?


So in your opinion which is better Monster Trucks or Nascar?
Not a clue on who any of them are.


Cant stand either why do you ask?
__________________
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.


Looking to buy old Kool aid flavors no longer produced.
Stingray69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #311
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Half Sh3ll Hero View Post
Let's see... The Coen Brothers, Joss Whedon, SIR Ridley Scott, Ray Bradbury ect ect. Need I go on?
Not a clue on who any of them are.
I weep for this world....
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:53 AM   #312
Shark_Blade
Emperor
 
Shark_Blade's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,909
Even I don't know who they are.
Shark_Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:55 AM   #313
Leo656
Banned
 
Leo656's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: nWo Country
Posts: 27,703
I do know who they are, and enjoy a lot of their films, but I'm objective enough to say that even though all of the above consistently make "better" films than Bay or others, they (and their fans) are just as guilty of occasionally being self-revering and pretentious as they are of being brilliant writers, directors, filmmakers, etc.

He wasn't mentioned in that group, but J.J. Abrams is a perfect example. He does a lot of good stuff. His 2002 pitch for Superman was awful. That movie would have been terrible. That stays true even if he did revive the Star Trek franchise and make a pretty good first movie (still haven't seen the sequel). Someone with a good track record doesn't always have the right idea, and someone who makes mostly bad movies isn't guaranteed to have everything he touches turn to garbage, either.

To put it another way: There's two things I learned from watching "White Men Can't Jump", the single best movie ever made (if you only count movies starring Rosie Perez and her awesome rack): "The sun even shines on a dog's ass some days," AND, "You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit." Think about it.
Leo656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:21 AM   #314
oldmanwinters
Overlord
 
oldmanwinters's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Between yesterday and tomorrow!
Posts: 15,480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegita-San View Post
But the van needs to be blue...BLLLLUUUUEEE! #nerdragesatisfied..

I KNOW, right?
__________________

Experience the TMNT Fan Commentaries!
Check out my TMNT fan comic, "Nothing to Fear"!
View my sketch work!
I'm selling some of my hard-to-find TMNT items!
oldmanwinters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:24 AM   #315
MikeandRaph87
Jedi Master
 
MikeandRaph87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: JLA Satellite Headquarters
Posts: 11,188
I just don't see April O'Neil when looking at those pictures. I just see a ditz with brunch. I hope Fox can change my lack of enthusiasm.
__________________
Michelangelo: This looks like a job for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Raphael: Sheesh, Mikey this ain't a cartoon!
MikeandRaph87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:53 AM   #316
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray69 View Post
I dont get al the crying about fox as april. The fact is shes gonna draw in people that might have skipped on the movie other wise. I was talking to a coulple of guys I work with about movies we wanted to go see the other day. I brought up the new tmnt movie and not much reaction from then. But then I said dude megan fox is playing april. Thats when the excitement came. One of them replied dude shut the **** up they got megan fox to play april.

They all said they want to see it. Now that they know shes playing april. So in my book shes a plus for this movie.
Hardly anyone had much of a problem with Fox being cast beyond the whole...Bay makes a movie of an 80s property with Megan Fox and it sucked and now Bay is producing a movie of an 80s property with Megan Fox and that might go down the same way. Taking out what is surely a lack of effort and imagination to use that same actress people can't help but think TMNT will be the same quality-wise.

Of all the things that fans have groused about (and rightfully so imo) Fox's casting has probably come off as the least objectionable thing.

Last edited by Galactus; 05-11-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #317
Lord Nightwalker
Stone Warrior
 
Lord Nightwalker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 698
Quote:
Originally Posted by METALHEAD View Post
BLASPHEMY!!
I hear you man! And I completely agree.......
Lord Nightwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:06 AM   #318
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,798
Megan Fox is simply miscast as April. That's why the casuals are complaining and even people here are skeptical.

Also I never thought Megan Fox was a good actress either. She's a perfect example of how looks will get you a career in Hollywood over acting.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #319
liugeaux
Hench Mutant
 
liugeaux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 329
I posted a lengthy blog about this Fox as April non-sense. I got kinda worked up while typing it so it gets rather mean towards the end.

http://liugeaux.com/post/49992844733...omplaining-now
__________________
My Blog: liugeaux.com
My Podcast!: Reality Breached
My Ninja Turtles Podcast: Shellheads: A TMNT Podcast
liugeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:13 PM   #320
Vegita-San
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 6,089
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmanwinters View Post

I KNOW, right?
thankfully people still understand bad sarcasm attempts
Vegita-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
live action films, megan fox, movie casting


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.