The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #361
Donatello19
Merchandise Maniac
 
Donatello19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New York
Posts: 5,919
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I wonder if they have one for Splinter and Shredder.
No, just the turtles and April if the website is correct.
Donatello19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:28 PM   #362
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
Welp, it's Friday. I'm expecting big things today... hopefully won't be disappointed.

Edit: My first disappointment:

http://www.crushcanada.ca/

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.n...84903513_n.jpg

Canada gets the shaft...
Those are the worst Turtle designs yet.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #363
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post

Canada gets the shaft...
stupid question...what is the release date for canada?
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #364
xChri5x
Stone Warrior
 
xChri5x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 901
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
stupid question...what is the release date for canada?
For the movie? August 8th.
__________________
xChri5x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:38 PM   #365
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
stupid question...what is the release date for canada?
Same as the States.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:40 PM   #366
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by xChri5x View Post
For the movie? August 8th.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistajee33 View Post
Same as the States.
hmm well there goes my theory why you dont have tmnt crush
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 07:44 PM   #367
Netkeeper
tactical blackquill
 
Netkeeper's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Texas, but not for much longer
Posts: 3,645
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistajee33 View Post
Those are the worst Turtle designs yet.
Still better than Bay Turtles.
__________________
Netkeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:04 PM   #368
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
hmm well there goes my theory why you dont have tmnt crush
Maybe if the Turtles produced unimaginative formulaic pop-rock (a la Hedley), we'd have that promotion too.

---




…oh.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:34 PM   #369
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netkeeper View Post
Still better than Bay Turtles.
What's this Bay Turtles you speak of? I was under the impression that Jonathan Liebsman directed this movie...did I miss something???
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 08:51 PM   #370
Galactus
Foot Elite
 
Galactus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 3,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
What's this Bay Turtles you speak of? I was under the impression that Jonathan Liebsman directed this movie...did I miss something???
Well better tell that to the actors who have been interviewed so far who have all made a point to say how much Michael Bay was involved and described it as "Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles"

It doesn't help the argument that when the picture of the maquettes was released Bay was in the background.
Galactus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:28 PM   #371
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859
Stone Warrior
 
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: NYC Sewers
Posts: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
Well better tell that to the actors who have been interviewed so far who have all made a point to say how much Michael Bay was involved and described it as "Michael Bay's Ninja Turtles"

It doesn't help the argument that when the picture of the maquettes was released Bay was in the background.
oh well...it's whatever
A_Little_Too_Raph.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 09:33 PM   #372
GrapeSoda
Foot Soldier
 
GrapeSoda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Broca Beach
Posts: 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennydreadful View Post
I was talking to my partner about some of the new shots last night - we couldn't agree on whether it's made of cut-up tyres, computer parts joined together, or possibly a cut-up car floor mat.



It's how we know he's a Tough Guy (tm). Seriously though, I will try to cope with the fact that Raph has the face of an angry raisin, as long as they give him some decent characterisation. I don't want him to be just Gruff Angry Fighting Guy and nothing beyond that... though I do want to see him kick some serious ass.



tires.....not so much. It's clearly RAM sticks. Unnaturally large RAM sticks.....but none the less...
__________________
GrapeSoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:00 PM   #373
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
tires.....not so much. It's clearly RAM sticks. Unnaturally large RAM sticks.....but none the less...
That's...that's...the most of the wall design idea I have seen. I...don't have any words left. It's like uncanny was forcibly joined with stupid and multiplyed by 10.

On the other hand, it seems this is current Bay & Co phylosophy regarding any designs, be it robots or Turtles.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 11:33 PM   #374
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrapeSoda View Post
tires.....not so much. It's clearly RAM sticks. Unnaturally large RAM sticks.....but none the less...
... must resist the urge to make a joke about the size of Donnie's RAM sticks...
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:36 AM   #375
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raphael_9859 View Post
What's this Bay Turtles you speak of? I was under the impression that Jonathan Liebsman directed this movie...did I miss something???
Despite Liebesman being the director it is marketed in the trailers as a Michael Bay movie.
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:13 AM   #376
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
Somewhere in LA

__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:28 AM   #377
MastahShredder
Stone Warrior
 
MastahShredder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 743
__________________
MastahShredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 11:45 AM   #378
Candy Kappa
The Agenda of Existing
 
Candy Kappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vikingland
Posts: 14,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by MastahShredder View Post
That's the best image I've seen so far regarding this movie.



I might have to bay some crush soda
Candy Kappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:13 PM   #379
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
That's the best image I've seen so far regarding this movie.



I might have to bay some crush soda
You're going to Bay some crush soda? That's gonna involve some explosions, right?
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #380
Puddinpop
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tampa Florida
Posts: 864
Quote:
Originally Posted by Candy Kappa View Post
Despite Liebesman being the director it is marketed in the trailers as a Michael Bay movie.
It doesn't say " A Michael Bay movie" It says "from producer Michael Bay".. Just like for Man of Steel it would sometimes say " from producer Christopher Nolan " They use his name bc it's the biggest name attached to the film.

Ill call it a Bay film.. I'm not embarrassed one bit. These ridiculous internet trend words " Boom Boom Bayplosion" or what ever .. I'd own it.. He's one of the Biggest most successful Film makers in the world right now. The new trailer is so badass. It is SO.. BADASS!!!

Edit: I started writing this post before noticing the posts above.. just sayin lol
Puddinpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.