The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > General TMNT Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2023, 04:27 PM   #641
Warhorse
Emperor
 
Warhorse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 5,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autbot_Benz View Post
If making a new black character is too hard. Just make Irma Black that would be a happy medium. I don't think people would be that upset over Irma compared to April
Or why not Karai!
Warhorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 04:33 PM   #642
staypuftweepel
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 169
I really don’t care what color they make April in this movie or any other continuities because I don’t think every turtle story has to be the same. I think the worst thing about the trailer was the dumb over talking humor. I did see comictropes post a tweet that read:

“ Apparently the TMNT trailer has triggered some racists who aren't aware that April was originally black.”

That makes me mad just because it’s completely untrue and just a headline for the sake of causing twitter drama. Kevin giving her the name April doesn’t make her black and neither does giving her black curly hair. If Peter was the character designer on issue 2, which has been well established, and he decided to make her white And of a European decent then she was always white. Issue 32 isn’t in regular continuity. As I said I don’t care what they make her, but don’t use Tmnt as a way to start some annoying twitter crusade.

I think it’s weird to try and say a character is a certain race because they have a certain hair style. Look at the self portraits of Kevin Eastman back then. His hair looks like Eriq La Salle in Coming to America.
staypuftweepel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 07:25 PM   #643
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhorse View Post
Or why not Karai!
I am curious if there would be backlash against that. Usually no one is supposed to care another whiteboy got racebent, but an Asian woman? Hmmm
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 07:27 PM   #644
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior
 
Zog The Magnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
The only thing that needs to be said:

If a character started out as black, would ANYONE be saying the things that people always say about white characters?

"White isn't an identity."
"It's okay to switch out white people."
'We need more diversity."
"White people have had the spotlight long enough."

And so on and so on. Switch all those out with black or asian or indian or whatever. Would ANYONE be okay with that?

No they F**cking wouldn't be. Racisim is racism, but for some reason it's totally okay to continually make racist and derogitory statements about white people all the time. If it would be "problematic" or "racist" to swap out a black character, then it's equally problematic to swap out any other character.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:30 PM   #645
beardcore84
Foot Soldier
 
beardcore84's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 142
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
beardcore84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 08:46 PM   #646
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377
Mumble mumble, bigotry, right side of history, etc.. Yes, yes.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:00 PM   #647
Cowabung-Gal
The Party Dudette
 
Cowabung-Gal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: U-S-A!!
Posts: 2,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.




Sure. Okay.
__________________
Cowabunga
Cowabung-Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:45 PM   #648
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
I mean that's the thing, if we say we want white April back, we're considered "racist" or "wrong" now by the general media. That's the problem.

It's a lose/lose situation. White April will now be viewed as racist since black April can't be reverted. Now April is "claimed" as black.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 09:56 PM   #649
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,377


"Free your mind
And the rest will follow
Be colour-blind
Don't be so shallow
Free your mind
And the rest will follow
Be colour-blind
Don't be so shallow"


The song wouldn't exist today. Or if it did, it would be decried by these lunatics.
Andrew NDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:37 PM   #650
Zog The Magnificent
Stone Warrior
 
Zog The Magnificent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 829
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
Yes, yes, somehow WE'RE racist because we want the white character to not be raceswapped, even though everyone and their mother throws a fit if any other race of character gets swapped out with a white person. If you're gonna claim to have views, at least have them be consistent.

Don't let the non-existant door hit you on the way out.
Zog The Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2023, 11:38 PM   #651
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
What's wrong with white people just being white? It's like they're saying white people just aren't good enough anymore.
Certain ideological group considers White people to be the culprit of all evil things in history - from fall of Ancient Egypt to some random volcano eruption in the middle ages to climate change and pollution and so on. This group also believes that White people are inherently racist and sexist monsters (born evil) who spend all they waking hours trying to oppress and kill (which is it?) Blacks and other non-White people, even to extent of harming their own communities just to oppress non-whites.

Their beliefs, obviously, don't make sense and basically the same **** Nazis are thinking about Jews or any other racist group is thinking about their "target".

Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
Why anyone should celebrate creative bankruptcy here? Just, because, it aligns with your ****** ideology? Sorry, sweaty, I think people here want a bit more from the work than just ideological pandering.
But, of course, wanting quality instead of ideological pandering is a horrible act of "oppression", LOL.

Also, stop with this "right side of history crap" - you are not on the right side of history. You are like screaming from bushes next to the side of the road and you will be forgotten, when the next thing will become "in".

And just advice for the future: if you don't want "negativity" stop sowing it everywhere you go. This political divide is a result of your "right side of history" ruining and ******** on everything in its path, like locusts and parasites.

Touch some grass and self-reflect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papenbrook View Post
… and it's mostly from the dudebros and the right-wingers.

It's pathetic.
Yes, yes, everyone who disagrees with your trash ideology are "right-wingers".
Can you make up some new arguments instead of regurgitated word diarhea no-one take seriously anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by newhire13 View Post
Aren't you late for a klan meeting or something?
Aren't you late for a commie meeting or something?
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 01:16 AM   #652
LeotheLateBloomer
Foot Elite
 
LeotheLateBloomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 3,117
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumac View Post
Why anyone should celebrate creative bankruptcy here? Just, because, it aligns with your ****** ideology? Sorry, sweaty, I think people here want a bit more from the work than just ideological pandering.
But, of course, wanting quality instead of ideological pandering is a horrible act of "oppression", LOL.

Also, stop with this "right side of history crap" - you are not on the right side of history. You are like screaming from bushes next to the side of the road and you will be forgotten, when the next thing will become "in".

And just advice for the future: if you don't want "negativity" stop sowing it everywhere you go. This political divide is a result of your "right side of history" ruining and ******** on everything in its path, like locusts and parasites.

Touch some grass and self-reflect.


Yes, yes, everyone who disagrees with your trash ideology are "right-wingers".
Can you make up some new arguments instead of regurgitated word diarhea no-one take seriously anymore?
It's such a shame people have to come here and defend this. Are fans now in the phase where we should settle for the lowest common denominator?

Also, Papenbrook always posts her own triggered thoughts on a lot of controversial topics on these forums so irony is striking hot here.
LeotheLateBloomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 02:45 AM   #653
Sumac
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeotheLateBloomer View Post
It's such a shame people have to come here and defend this. Are fans now in the phase where we should settle for the lowest common denominator?
I guess, it is either we celebrate pile of **** or just grumble in our corner.
Or just leaving.

Quite some time I saw this as a good alternative, like why I should care about franchise, which ha become garbage? But later I figured out, that leaving is basically giving it up to the people who makes and likes this garbage. Its like leaving your home at the mercy of a tyrant.

Nowadays, I think, it is better and fight, even it is basically reminding people that TMNT once had some good stuff, as opposed to whatever it has become nowadays.
Sumac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 05:35 AM   #654
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
I'm honestly scared one of the Turtles might be gay. Like it won't be "full" gay, but they'll throw in some "hints" that one of the Turtles is more into guys or something. It's only a matter of time.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:41 AM   #655
Coola Yagami
Overlord
 
Coola Yagami's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 15,676
Quote:
Originally Posted by beardcore84 View Post
Done with this forum for a while. I know y'all don't care/will celebrate and that is fine but the toxic negativity combined with the blatant racism, sexism, homophobia and bigotry is just too much. I don't need that negativity in my life. Y'all are truly some misguided souls and history will prove that.
One less plant.

Next time try leaving your self righteous politics at the door.

Such a shame that even the Turtles aren't safe from wokeness.
__________________
"I was down with TMNT once, but then they changed what TMNT was. Now what I was down with is no longer TMNT and what TMNT now is seems weird and scary. And it'll happen to YOU."

Check out my blog for Comic Reviews and other things. https://markepicblogofrandomness.blogspot.com/
I also started The AEW Crew, the All Elite Wrestling Fan Club! https://www.facebook.com/groups/637508120044168/

Last edited by Coola Yagami; 03-08-2023 at 08:02 AM.
Coola Yagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:07 AM   #656
Mad Dog McMutt
Stone Warrior
 
Mad Dog McMutt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 681
Am I the only white person here that doesn't care if April is black? It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. What does bother me is Donnie's voice sounding like little Bill from Nick Jr. and Raph's bandana going over the top of his head. As long as April has a cool personality I'm good.

Last edited by Mad Dog McMutt; 03-08-2023 at 08:27 AM.
Mad Dog McMutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:31 AM   #657
neatoman
Overlord
 
neatoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Stockholm
Posts: 11,018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
Am I the only white person here that doesn't care if April is black?
I don't... But I do find it odd that they chose to seemingly combine her design with the Garbageman. Maybe they're finally going to do that long lost twin story with Hun?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTH View Post
Turtles is basically the red-headed stepchild of Nick.
Hahahaha!

Last edited by neatoman; 03-08-2023 at 08:36 AM.
neatoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:43 AM   #658
Zachatello00
On the beat!
 
Zachatello00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hiding behind the phone booth
Posts: 2,131
I hesitated to weigh in on the discussion, and may just regret doing so, but, against my better judgement, here goes.

It seems the biggest argument that I'm seeing for changing April's race is "why is it such a big deal?"

I guess I'd answer that by saying: if it's not a big deal to change it, then it's probably not a big deal to just... leave it alone.
__________________
"You're still news!"
Zachatello00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:55 AM   #659
CyberCubed
Overlord
 
CyberCubed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 43,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Dog McMutt View Post
Am I the only white person here that doesn't care if April is black? It just doesn't seem like that big of a deal to me. What does bother me is Donnie's voice sounding like little Bill from Nick Jr. and Raph's bandana going over the top of his head. As long as April has a cool personality I'm good.
Being black again is a pointless change but they also made her fat on top of it. It's even more of a stereotype now because she looks like a heavy set black woman. They're basically giving in to the fat black woman trope.
CyberCubed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 09:06 AM   #660
Autbot_Benz
Hellblazer
 
Autbot_Benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Ventura California
Posts: 9,162
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
Being black again is a pointless change but they also made her fat on top of it. It's even more of a stereotype now because she looks like a heavy set black woman. They're basically giving in to the fat black woman trope.
Stop obsessing about this cubed its unhealthy
__________________
I respect what FW cartoon did for the turtles franchise but it is the most overrated and hard to watch of the 3 turtles cartoons.

Last edited by Autbot_Benz; 03-08-2023 at 09:13 AM.
Autbot_Benz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
april, april o'neil, curious (black), cybercubedtheracist, dc comics, everything is racist, im offended, mirage, plastroncuckold, racist


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.