The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Comic Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 04:33 PM   #61
turtlefan27
Foot Soldier
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 138
So,my comic shop won't have #4 till end of next month..fail..
turtlefan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #62
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlefan27 View Post
So,my comic shop won't have #4 till end of next month..fail..
I can send you one if you pay the price of the book, + shipping.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 PM   #63
Donnie
Something from the Past
 
Donnie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: New York
Posts: 3,256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda_Kahn_fan View Post
No offense, but why do we need a vol.2? This isn't mirage, the series can go on indefinitely as long as sales are up.
Agreed...I don't see the need for a Vol.2 as long as sales are up, personally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Best part of the IDW series thus far. This would make an amazing film if you just tack on a brawl with Shredder at the end. I wish the whole series had this same tone and artist/writer duo (with all due respect to everyone else who have been amazing too).
Also agreed. Erik is without a doubt one of my favorite TMNT writers, his work speaks for itself: there's depth, there's personality, there's plenty of character development.

I also applaud Mateus on this one, as it was a joint writing project. This team really worked well together, I'd love to see them join forces again! (And for that matter, I'd also like a Burnham/Campbell team up! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I can see where people found the 2003 cartoon's Michelangelo annoying, I really can, but I think that the IDW series and the Nick cartoon have done a VERY good job with him, like the 2007 movie did.
Totally disagree about the 2k7 movie doing anything good at all with Michelangelo, however I'm on board with your other statement - that Nick and definitely IDW are doing a fantastic job with Mikey. In my opinion, he's hands down the most fleshed out Turtle in the series (IDW). He's compassionate, heroic, brave, relentless, funny while not being annoying, etc. basically everything I'd want in Michelangelo.

As far as the magna line, it was totally in character for Mike. I don't get why that would be a complaint. The whole "bursting" effect was done so nicely, too. Added some good dynamics to the page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
The past four months have seen so much world building; I've been loving it.

And I like that Miller got to stick around as an abused intellectual lackey for the Foot. He makes a great parallel for Baxter, who is employed by Krang under similar circumstances.
Yeah! Miller was interesting - and I kind of understood his point as an historian - I'm not saying I would have gone with Shredder, but you can see why he'd want the book to be saved, or the chance to explore it further.

Quote:
I suppose my only question is... who was that Foot Soldier getting scarred over the eye in TMNT #2 if it wasn't Saki? Just a nobody?
Ha! Totally forgot about that. Maybe that was an earlier idea for Shredder that evolved into what we eventually received. So now, yeah, he's a nobody, haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheNines View Post
I read this twice last night and can't help but feel a little disappointed.
I feel like you're being a little overly harsh in your review - of course you're entitled to your opinions, so don't take that the wrong way. However I believe the writing had a great deal of character development, most notably for Shredder, in whom the series was clearly written for. It establishes a layer to Saki that was wholly absent from Mirage. The Iron-Demon angle was a very far side plot, and in only 4 issues how can you really flesh that out? It was touched upon, and it served its purpose showing how Saki eventually defied it. It's just not that important who the utrom was, or why he came, especially how he came. What's important is that Shredder defied him.
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #64
Andrew NDB
Weed Whacker
 
Andrew NDB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Auburn, WA
Posts: 34,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSpengler View Post
I took the scene as the Utrom getting kicked through the portal and THEN it exploding, not necessarily meaning the Utrom is dead.

And I suppose any unnamed Utrom could have taken on the grandiose identity of "Iron Demon", but I dunno. That seems wasted on a nobody. I'm still going with the presumption that it was Quanin at least until we're told otherwise.

EDIT: Also, I figured it was Quanin because he was shown with a tuning fork on the head of his robot body in the ongoing, a detail shared by the Iron Demon in Secret History.
Could have been Ch'rell...
Andrew NDB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #65
Venom
Space Knight
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Colorado
Posts: 3,637
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew NDB View Post
Could have been Ch'rell...
Except Quanin had previous been shown in the 'toon-inspired suit prior to his appearance in SHotFC.
__________________
Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 AM   #66
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
I loved this entire series and I LOVE the artwork.
Infact I was stoked to see Santolouco's name on the upcoming TMNT ongoing... I would love to see him pick up in replace of Kuhn.

My one complaint is that the book felt rushed. I think they could have given it another issue or two. Overall I love this series and I hope I can still track the variant covers, which were too hard for my store to get.
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:23 AM   #67
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza View Post
Overall I love this series and I hope I can still track the variant covers, which were too hard for my store to get.
I have them...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:50 PM   #68
Powder
40 Years of TMNT
 
Powder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Shell-Ri-La
Posts: 26,945
Quote:
Originally Posted by ***The One True Shredder*** View Post
I have them...
Do you have to try and sell stuff to people in practically every post you make? God.
Powder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #69
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza
Mad Scientist
 
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,229
Is he selling or bragging?
__________________
Check out, visit, support, and spread word of my original self published comic book ZOMBIE B.C.
http://www.facebook.com/OfficialZombieBC | http://OfficialZombieBC.tumblr.com
created, written, drawn, etc by me.


Inventory
FlogginMcMurryZombiePizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:52 PM   #70
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powder View Post
Do you have to try and sell stuff to people in practically every post you make? God.
Do you have to make judgments of other members/people in every other post you make?

First off, my sales volume is pretty high these days and I'm not desperate to sell stuff like I used to be, but I bought these variants at $10 a piece and then decided I didn't really *need* them. So I'll gladly take a loss on them to help another fan own what I agreed with you to be one of the best TMNT comic book story arcs ever, now that I have my A covers.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 02:32 PM   #71
Raven
follower of Jesus
 
Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 6,212
This series was epic, it really dug more into the relationship of hamato and Saki. Although I was hoping for a bit more between the two, it was really fun to see how everything unfolded.

The regular series is good, but this was great!
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:42 AM   #72
Vi11AiN6
Foot Soldier
 
Vi11AiN6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Savannah, GA
Posts: 198
best series EVER

This was hands down the best TMNT story and artwork EVER! So much in fact that I am going to send my friend I grew up with the paperback, He's been out of comics for years and turtles. We're both dad's now and I keep telling him to pick up the IDW series because it's the perfect blend of all things turtles.

This was the best story and the artwork is leaps and bounds beyond anything anyone else has ever done. The action sequences were some of the best I've ever seen in comics, little things like Don's Bo staff bending when he was hitting someone, or the panel where he knocks the lens off a Foot Soldier.

Also April looked Gorgeous!!!! I've never seen anyone draw April so cute.
I just got my copy yesterday and now I'm going to read all 4 in order...
Vi11AiN6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:30 PM   #73
***First of Two Latin Kings***
Will not be censored
 
***First of Two Latin Kings***'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: The Farm That Time Forgot
Posts: 8,841
I'm re-reading this series again tonight, and I noticed that Oroku Saki doesn't seem to have any recollection of Kitsune from his past life, even though he identified all the objects that were his to be his as a child. I had forgotten the part where he is approached by Kitsune in his new life for the first time, and was thinking he was simply making passes at Tang Shen because he's an unfaithful lech.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndigoErth View Post
I can hear it now: "I'm sorry little April, I told you that if you didn't take good care of them I'd be taking them away. Now they are going to the lab to be abused for experimentation" (You could almost rewrite this as April caused the fire to get back at her father over it...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCanadiandrome View Post
Powder I'd not defend him, that's just how he gets



International shipping assistance: [email protected]
***First of Two Latin Kings*** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #74
ctt4lfecw
Stone Warrior
 
ctt4lfecw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Neutrino
Posts: 817
SHotFC has been my favorite so far!
ctt4lfecw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:54 PM   #75
TheCanadiandrome
Big, Bad & Bold
 
TheCanadiandrome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Inside the Technodrome; Shredderville; Saskatchewan
Posts: 19,719
bring on the TPB!
__________________


Add me: PSN/XBL; Nintendo Network ID: BDS-3.1.6; Switch FC: SW-3378-5206-8020

TMNT Fan Club: http://sot.ag/4jZR0

Visit My Wish List:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=30904

My Collection:
http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=40276
TheCanadiandrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
mini-series


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.