The Technodrome Forums

Go Back   The Technodrome Forums > TMNT Universes > TMNT Movie Discussion > Platinum Dunes TMNT Movie Discussion

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 09:33 PM   #681
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
i have no idea who they are and never heard of them but i know the daft punk song they covered
Song? That cover is a medley...

EDIT: Sorry, Boston, my wife loves Daft Punk.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:35 PM   #682
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
Oh, I've heard this group on the local college radio shows before. I actually like this style of music (cuz it's harder to sing), but I'm curious what kind of song they could be doing for the movie.... This is a very different treatment I expected for the movie. I was hoping that we'd have an actual score...
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:37 PM   #683
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
Oh, I've heard this group on the local college radio shows before. I actually like this style of music (cuz it's harder to sing), but I'm curious what kind of song they could be doing for the movie.... This is a very different treatment I expected for the movie. I was hoping that we'd have an actual score...
oh we will Brian Tyler just finished a full feature Score for the movie. They are likely just doing something special for the movie, Might be for a commercial or just a cover of something. Excited to find out more
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay

Last edited by samxsteal; 07-01-2014 at 09:44 PM.
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 PM   #684
Machias Banshee
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Posts: 17,163
I sure hope so... I want a good Japanese influenced soundtrack.
Machias Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:41 PM   #685
The Boston Ninja Turtle
Mad Scientist
 
The Boston Ninja Turtle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boston MA
Posts: 2,440
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Song? That cover is a medley...

EDIT: Sorry, Boston, my wife loves Daft Punk.
haha meant to say songs...i admit in a daft punker....even own that book and the figuarts...i am so ashamed
__________________
I didn't choose the ninja turtle life. The ninja turtle life chose me.


https://www.facebook.com/TheBostonNinjaTurtle
The Boston Ninja Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM   #686
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machias Banshee View Post
I sure hope so... I want a good Japanese influenced soundtrack.
I would guess all the Japanese influences in the score will be with Splinter.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:48 PM   #687
samxsteal
Kitchen Ninja
 
samxsteal's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: I currently live in Cape may NJ im from Hillsboro Oregon
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
haha meant to say songs...i admit in a daft punker....even own that book and the figuarts...i am so ashamed
Why They are great Musician They managed co Compose a full score that was not only Techno but also Orchestral, which is amazing. They are great

Personally believe that for each person there is at least one song from every genre that they can and would Enjoy

I love music and can enjoy almost every Genre, as a musician you tend to be more open at least in my case even if i dont particularly like a genre

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerClaw View Post
I would guess all the Japanese influences in the score will be with Splinter.
and likely Oroku saki at some point, Remember there are some heavy influences of Japanese culture For both Oroku and Eric
__________________
AVATAR ^_^ ....

love you mom...
Quote:
"I aint gonna waste time bitching about the changes I don't like, I simply don't buy the comic anymore because its made for a new generation of fans, not old people like me. I have my originals and can move on, it aint [frick]ing rape, its evolution."
--- @Ceejay
samxsteal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 09:49 PM   #688
Jester
Rat-faced Dude-guy
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boston Ninja Turtle View Post
haha meant to say songs...i admit in a daft punker....even own that book and the figuarts...i am so ashamed
Not a problem...I was just yankin' your chain.
__________________

"Clearly, you're Ninja Turtling incorrectly." - Leo656
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 10:21 PM   #689
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebrownranger View Post
…

Co-sign.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:28 PM   #690
pennydreadful
trash
 
pennydreadful's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,546
Based on their Youtube videos, I can't really say that they're my type of music, but I'll wait to hear what they do for the Turtles - who knows, I might like it.

At least they didn't choose Linkin Park to do a music video for the film.
__________________


Creator of the Technodrome After Dark Discussion Group. PM for an invite (must be over 18 - no exceptions).
pennydreadful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2014, 11:42 PM   #691
graphic_content
Mad Scientist
 
graphic_content's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brfq6SHCQAA4F4_.jpgnotice the colors they are wearing
I was shocked to hear the PTX was doing something Turtle related. Part of me hopes it's just an medley as fans and not something official for the film, cause I can't really see their style of music fitting in with this film.

With regards to music, all I really wanna hear is Brian Tyler kill it with the soundtrack.
graphic_content is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:46 AM   #692
Foombamaroom
Lord of Cinder
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,646
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
I was shocked to hear the PTX was doing something Turtle related. Part of me hopes it's just an medley as fans and not something official for the film, cause I can't really see their style of music fitting in with this film.

With regards to music, all I really wanna hear is Brian Tyler kill it with the soundtrack.
I hope he gives us a memorable soundtrack and not just background music like some movies. Transformers 3 had pretty decent soundtracks in the movie such as "It's Our Fight" and "Battle." that really got the action scenes moving.
Foombamaroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:05 AM   #693
Vicky82
Emperor
 
Vicky82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Dunstable, UK
Posts: 5,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by samxsteal View Post
So pentatonix doing music for TMNT movie awesome these guys rock
https://twitter.com/PTXofficial/stat...455168/photo/1

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Brfq6SHCQAA4F4_.jpgnotice the colors they are wearing
I never heard of them but looking at those music videos, they are pretty good. I'll look up and listen to some more of there songs.
Vicky82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:06 AM   #694
mistajee33
Thug
 
mistajee33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by graphic_content View Post
I was shocked to hear the PTX was doing something Turtle related. Part of me hopes it's just an medley as fans and not something official for the film, cause I can't really see their style of music fitting in with this film.

With regards to music, all I really wanna hear is Brian Tyler kill it with the soundtrack.
Thankfully, "soundtrack" compilations today often have very little to do with the music in the actual film.
mistajee33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:13 AM   #695
Sabacooza
Mad Scientist
 
Sabacooza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,994
Does anyone think we'll be completely spoiled by the names of the tracks if an orchestra soundtrack is released kind of like what happened with the Phantom Menace?

Last edited by Sabacooza; 07-02-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Sabacooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 10:19 AM   #696
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabacooza View Post
Does anyone think we'll be completely spoiled by the names of the tracks if an orchestra soundtrack is released kind of like what happened with the Phantom Menace?
They need to be more careful on naming the tracks, I bet we'll see stuff like, Sewer Raid, Snow Chase, Splinter's Theme, and stuff like that.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:28 PM   #697
Lou 500
Hench Mutant
 
Lou 500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 478
Someone found another action figure.

He doesn't look very impressed.
Lou 500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 01:22 PM   #698
Matt2310
Hench Mutant
 
Matt2310's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou 500 View Post
Someone found another action figure.

He doesn't look very impressed.
that ones been known... its not on the back of packaging but hes where all the others are
Matt2310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:13 PM   #699
Xiewin
Stone Warrior
 
Xiewin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 900
Just saw a new BTS tv-spot on Nick, there's more footage of the turtle lair.
Xiewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 04:16 PM   #700
TigerClaw
Mutant Tiger
 
TigerClaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Hialeah, Florida, USA
Posts: 14,160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiewin View Post
Just saw a new BTS tv-spot on Nick, there's more footage of the turtle lair.
I hope someone recorded this.
__________________

Follow me on my Tiktok
https://www.tiktok.com/@tygerclaw305
TigerClaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.